Sungevity Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and then was called in for an in person interview. The in person was a round table with 3-4 Sungevity employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe any situation where you were challenged as a sales person.   1 Answer

Solar Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Framingham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process I went through involve a phone interview from the California office and a shadowing session with a team lead at a local Lowe's. I got a hire/no hire response in 3 days via email.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing questions are typical to most questions asked in a low level job.   Answer Question

Remote Solar Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior rsd over Skype and one other person in the room with me. Skype interviewer asked me basic questions. One interesting question was, "Would you rather be the best on the B team or the worst on the A team." Overall the interview went well even with the oddness of it being over Skype. I took a short test to see my skills with the computer at the end. Then was shown around the office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going in the future with this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

They use interns for recruiting. Sungevity moved quickly and set up a phone interview almost immediately. Then I came in for the in-person interview. They sent an auto rejection notice from Jobvite the following week as opposed to responding to my follow up email. After two interviews an auto-rejection notice is insulting. Weird vibes during the interview. I felt like the interviewer was annoyed to be there and had already decided on who to hire before I arrived. I was interviewed by three people total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on at your last job that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter followed by an Excel skill assessment. Afterwards, I was invited for onsite interviews by various people (functional manager, colleagues, N+2,...).

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

They acted very quickly. I submitted a cover letter as well as a resume. They asked several questions about your sales experience. They are looking for teachable and energetic people. Wear orange for your interview!

Interview Questions

• Pick an item you hate. Tell me why you hate it. Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It included typical sales interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just do your homework on researching the company and know, understand the job description. Wear orange and be high-energy.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received and email to schedule a phone interview about a month ago. I would say that the phone interview was very extensive, at least 45 minutes. Since I never received a call or follow-up, I presume the position has been filled. Two weeks ago I received another email, for their "Shine" event which was essentially a job fair. The event was great, they gave every candidate a Sungevity reusable bag which included a few goodies and a passport. This passport had to be stamped by a representative at each activity table. Once you received all five stamps you can move on to an onsite interview. At this point, I went over the position I was interested in and a brief history of my experience. I was told that they were not hiring for this position at this time, only in Kansas and that they would keep my resume "on file". The position that I was interested in was specifically mentioned in the invite, but i think they could have been more clear about the location of the position or not mention it at all for a local event as to not waste anyones time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview with internal HR recruiter. 2. Interview at the office with Sales Ops Manager and Sales Op Specialist for the last part of the interview. The specialist just gave the "yeah, I'd work with him" after a brief conversation and look-over of my resume. --> We were supposed to have a room in the office to have the interview, but someone else in the company needed it. (They are growing faster than they can accommodate for it seems) We went to Blue Bottle coffee, which was awesome and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What past experience would make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Can you work in a flexible, growing environment? Examples?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Unfortunately I had the most unprofessional experience dealing with Sungevity during the interview process. I was initially asked to set up a phone interview, however was urged by the recruiter to instead come in person. I proceeded to set up a time with the recruiter for the following week. The next day, I received an email asking me to reschedule for another time later in the week. Happily, I moved my schedule around which included adjusting the time of another interview to accommodate the change in schedule. When I showed up for the interview, the team was completely unprepared. The initial recruiter I spoke with had passed along my interview to another recruiter to handle. Needless to say, they were not prepared. I was scheduled to meet with one of the directors of the marketing department. This would have been my boss. She was unfortunately pulled in to another meeting, and never showed up to interview me, which could have been done by phone but instead I was urged to come in to interview in person. The director never showed up and I interviewed with two people, both whom I would not be working with. They were obviously space fillers, and had not read my resume prior to meeting with me - both admitted to this during the interview process. In fact, one of the people I interviewed with was so rude that he proceeded to start eating his lunch and snacking on chips very loudly when I was asked about my professional experience. After being moved from one room to another and going through 2 interviews with people I would not be directly working with, the director finally came in to apologize regarding missing the interview. She stayed for exactly 1 minute, asking to reschedule a new time over the phone for the following day. I agreed and we settled that she would email me with available times later that day. The next day, I did not hear from the director, nor did she call to interview. Neither the initial recruiter I worked with, nor the new recruiter who I was passed off to called to connect with me after the interview. I waited one day, and reached out to the initial recruiter I worked with as she was the only point of contact I had with the company. I politely informed the recruiter what happened to which she became very defensive and started to raise her voice with me. The experience continues to get much worse, but needless to say, I found the experience interviewing at Sungevity to be very unprofessional, and downright rude. This is especially surprising that the company prides itself on great customer service, yet treats potential employees horribly. Overall I was very disappointed with the company, the interview process, or lack of one, and how unprofessional they were.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one because I was provided with two people who served as space fillers that never read my resume.   Answer Question