Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Laboratory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by email via linkedin, set up an initial over the phone interview with the recruiter. Then a skype interview with the hiring panel. Then they flew me in to do a face to face interview. Then they asked me to do a mini exam. After a few days they called me to do a reference check. I was now given the initial offer but I think I can negotiate a better deal.

Interview Question – What would you do if you disagree fundamentally with your superior.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Still early in the process

Pharmacy Student Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in February 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed cover letter and CV directly to the hiring manager to consider for the summer position. The initial reply was that there was no more vacant position for the upcoming summer but s/he was going to discuss with the staff to see if they need more help for the summer. Then I was invited for a panel interview (~1hr long) which included a short tour of the work place. The interviewing process was pretty standard but the atmosphere was very relaxed and positive.

Interview Question – Give an example of multitasking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The wage was preset based on the experience (number of years in pharmacy school). However, their rate was the best offered in Toronto area.

Developer Interview

Interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Interview Details – The turn around time is fast. Interviewers were professional.

Interview Question – Not really. Most are practical questions.   Answer Question

Medical Physics Research Assistant Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in April 2012.

Interview Details – First process was application submissions which include my resume, references, cover letter and unofficial academic transcript. After the application processes were done, I had an interview with a medical physicists (e.g. setting can be either phone or face to face interview).

Interview Question – What/when was the most overwhelming situations?
How did you react to that situation? How would you bring/make a change to avoid that situations? What it is your problem solving strategies??
Technical Knowledge related to medical physics technologies, treatment planning techniques (e.g. VMAT, IMRT, SRS, and SBRT), etc.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Secretary to Medical Staff Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in January 2014.

Interview Details – Human Resource will contact you for an interview. One interview with the manager, appropriate team leader for the position and in some cases a human resources representative, (most likely if it is an external hire). Formulaic question and answer sheet with the manager and team leader alternating between questions. Situation questions such as here are a list of tasks, in which order would you complete them and so on. If you pass this interview you will most likely be asked to take a computer aptitude test.

Interview Question – Please give me an example of two of your weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. You may negotiate your working hours, they can be flexible. If you are applying for a unionized position the pay is non-negotiable.

MRI Research Engineer Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online via indeed and called to leave a message that I am interested in the position. Received an email after around 3 weeks to a month of applying online about an interview. Was interviewed by the scientist responsible for the project. Interview was all technical and all he was looking for was technical skills in MRIs. No behavioral questions or anything like that.

Interview Question – All questions were technical about MRIs   Answer Question

Summer Internship – Medical Technology Innovation Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in April 2013.

Interview Details – Direct manager is the one who usually conducts interviews, filters resumes, it is just one interview.
A back ground check or reference check is conducted after passing your interview. First half of interview was mainly behavioral interview, second half was about the medical innovation industry challenges.
No tricky questions every thing was straight forward

Interview Question – Tell me what technology will reshape the heart failure industry?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

Interview Details – Basic HR and in depth technical questions.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Medical Imaging Research Assistant Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was with my direct supervisor. Was asked general questions about personality and so on..."Tell me about yourself", "have you ever encountered X situation in the work place", etc. A few of the interview questions were related to my resume and prior work experience. Finally, had an open ended technical question on how I would reconstruct volumetric imaging data into different forms.

Interview Question – Given a set of images that represent cross sectional 'slices' of a 3D series representing the heart, how would you calculate the internal volume?   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in August 2008.

Interview Details – Researching the job and the scientist is important. The most required skills and characteristics are: intelligence either based on experience or marks for recent grads, willingness to learn, and the ability to show that you thrive in a challenging work environment. Integrity is important.

Interview Question – Are you honest?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre employees and interview candidates.