Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied via email over the weekend and was contacted by the primary investigator the next business day (Monday). I was scheduled for an interview that Friday. I was interviewed by the primary investigator who was extremely personable, kind and considerate throughout the interview. I was informed that I would hear from the PI early the next week if I was successful in proceeding to a second interview. I did not hear back from the PI until the following Friday. On the following Friday I received a considerate, personalized email from the PI informing me I did not get a job. The PI also wrote that he was recommending me for another role that a colleague was hiring for and gave me other great feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with literature reviews
      Are you familiar with PRISMA?
      Are you familiar with any meta analytic software?
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about your experience with database management

Answer Question

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was taken to a boardroom that had 2 other members of the team waiting for me. once I entered it didnt feel like a tensed environment. The members were pretty friendly and so the interview went by real smooth. They had seen my previous work on my website and they really liked my work so they went ahead and showed me their product that has been out in the market for quite some years now. they needed a redesign or a face lift of that product and they asked me about my thoughts on what will I do and how will I proceed. Also a few other questions on what other features or things I could bring into it from my past experiences.

Biomedical Clinical Applications Interview

Interview

that their interviews will be conducted using a team approach. We have also found that candidates reveal
    their strengths and weaknesses more fully when they do not know the identity of the hiring manager, or if they do
    – even if just by name – when the hiring manager does not participate directly but only observes during the group
    interview.
    The interview team should assemble approximately 15 minutes in advance of the interview to review the
    process and interview guidelines.
    When the candidate is brought into the room, team members should introduce themselves by name only,
    and, without using titles, each should describe his/her area of responsibility and how the candidate will be expected
    to interact with and contribute to the team and the company, if the candidate is selected to fill the role for which
    they are interviewing

Developer Interview

Interview

The turn around time is fast. Interviewers were professional.

Laboratory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email via linkedin, set up an initial over the phone interview with the recruiter. Then a skype interview with the hiring panel. Then they flew me in to do a face to face interview. Then they asked me to do a mini exam. After a few days they called me to do a reference check. I was now given the initial offer but I think I can negotiate a better deal.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree fundamentally with your superior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still early in the process

Secretary to Medical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Human Resource will contact you for an interview. One interview with the manager, appropriate team leader for the position and in some cases a human resources representative, (most likely if it is an external hire). Formulaic question and answer sheet with the manager and team leader alternating between questions. Situation questions such as here are a list of tasks, in which order would you complete them and so on. If you pass this interview you will most likely be asked to take a computer aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of two of your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. You may negotiate your working hours, they can be flexible. If you are applying for a unionized position the pay is non-negotiable.

MRI Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online via indeed and called to leave a message that I am interested in the position. Received an email after around 3 weeks to a month of applying online about an interview. Was interviewed by the scientist responsible for the project. Interview was all technical and all he was looking for was technical skills in MRIs. No behavioral questions or anything like that.

Summer Internship – Medical Technology Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Direct manager is the one who usually conducts interviews, filters resumes, it is just one interview.
    A back ground check or reference check is conducted after passing your interview. First half of interview was mainly behavioral interview, second half was about the medical innovation industry challenges.
    No tricky questions every thing was straight forward

Interview Questions

• Tell me what technology will reshape the heart failure industry?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I emailed cover letter and CV directly to the hiring manager to consider for the summer position. The initial reply was that there was no more vacant position for the upcoming summer but s/he was going to discuss with the staff to see if they need more help for the summer. Then I was invited for a panel interview (~1hr long) which included a short tour of the work place. The interviewing process was pretty standard but the atmosphere was very relaxed and positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The wage was preset based on the experience (number of years in pharmacy school). However, their rate was the best offered in Toronto area.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

Interview

Basic HR and in depth technical questions.