Sunoco

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.6

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sunoco.

It was very casual and just asked me about my resume and any other interests I had outside of work and school. Interviewed with my direct supervisor and got to meet the team during the interview. The team was all women and was rather small. They were seeking someone with a finance background even though the position was accepting.

Area Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sunoco.

The process consisted of a phone screen with an HR rep, followed by two in-person interviews. The interviewers were not very well prepared, spending more time describing the company than asking solid questions.

I had to use behavioral examples creatively in my discussion in order to get them in, since they were not asked by the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    There was little to no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Sunoco.

Began with a phone interview. Moved to a panel interview. in their office Good interview, interviewers were pleasant. Questions were read and recorded off of a packet, so interview at times felt discontinuous.

Interview Questions
    • Questions centered around the safety expectations set by the company.   View Answer

Gas Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spencerport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spencerport, NY

interviewed at Sunoco in November 2013.

Spoke with the manager a few times over the phone before going in for my interview. Interview was kind of informal but it went well, management is professional. I waited about 5 days before I got another call saying that I'd been hired. Went in for training the following weekend.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sunoco in August 2013.

Four page application. Interviewed with store manager. I was hired on the spot and started training two days later.

There was no negotiation. My availability and that's it.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunoco.

I interviewed many many years ago. On-site interview with 4-5 attorneys.

No negotiation.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Sunoco in March 2013.

Extensive panel interview process. Opportunity to meet and interview with various levels within organization. Corprorate HR representative very helpfull and professional. Experienced phone prescreen and three in- person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Detail previous approach and outcome for training intervention.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sunoco in September 2012.

The questions asked were form questions, but they did in fact listen. Despite looking like they had dozens of people to go through (and they did) they were carefully watching how I responded to situations. I would recommend ensuring you are wearing a shirt and tie. Suit might be a little too much.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation where the team would look bad if you assisted an external customer?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lester, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sunoco in March 2012.

Initial job application submission, and then they'll call you for an interview. HR sets everything up and for the summer interns they may have 1-2 supervisors and and HR person present for the interview. Then, a series of STAR (behavioral) questions -- usually from HR, and technical (specialty) questions from the supervisors. Everyone is very polite at Sunoco. To get the job, expect a callback immediately the next day and you'll go through a series of paperwork faxing and a physical/drug test for final confirmation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure you get everything done? What is your method of organization?   Answer Question
    I didn't choose to negotiate, it was my go-to and best offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sunoco in March 2012.

Overall it was simple with generic questions