Sunquest Information Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Tucson, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial application was via Sunquest website. Received a response in about a month, and was invited to take a 30-minute "assessment" test (personality and IQ). Soon thereafter received a call from HR for a brief basic interview. Within a week, had an interview with one PM manager, and then another interview the actual hiring manager. Took another assessment test proctored at my local library (again, 30 minutes), and within a few days received a job offer.

There were no "tricky" interview questions. I researched the company via their website, and read everything I could about their products. Concerning the "medical" aspect of the PM job, there were no industry-speficic questions. All of the questions were "situational" (what would you do if...), and I used my PM academic knowledge to answer them.

Interview Questions

• All questions were "situational" - such as "what would you do if..." and all were related to the general project management discipline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked and received exactly what I was looking for. No negotiation required.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems.

Interview

Three interviews with an IQ type test. Took about a month all together. The first interview came after I applied online. The HR person was asked why I wanted to leave my current job, and what I wanted in my next job. The next two interviews were with hiring managers. They had more role specific questions. It was ok that I was new to the lab space, but it helped that I had healthcare experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions with the first two interviews. The third was role specific. How do you avoid client escalations, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems in December 2013.

Interview

Online testing, phone interview and panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a suggestion at work and it was implemented. Questions to ascertain how well you work with others.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied for the job online, and was asked to complete a 'skills assessment test' through a third party online testing website. The test was interesting. It was broken into two sections: a personality assessment and what seemed like an IQ test with questions focusing on language, math, pattern recognition and logical syllogisms. The two tests were limited to 15 minutes each.

I honored their testing request to not use a calculator, even though I haven't done long division on paper since high-school. I either didn't pass the test or my resume just didn't pass muster because I got a polite email thanking me for my interest, and explaining they had been overwhelmed by responses and would not be able to make me an offer. Five days later, the job is still being offered through Monster.com, so I have doubts about whether they filled it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems in September 2013.

Interview

Three Interviews & Intelligence Tests. You have a phone interview with HR where they ask general questions. If you pass that, you are given the 1st IQ test. If you pass it, you get interviewed by two different PM managers (one is via Skype). If you pass both of those, you get a final IQ test that has to be proctored. The test was online and took 30 minutes.

The PM questions are basic. They are more concerned with your abilities to handle unforeseen issues and manage risk. Their working isn't PMP type project management. It is more about data input and making sure boxes are getting checked.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had something unplanned occur on a project? If so, what did you do? How did the client handle it? Questions like this.   Answer Question

Associate Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Tucson, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Fist interview was conducted over the phone. It took about 15 minutes. The second interview was a panel interview that lasted for 30 minutes. All the staff were courteous.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I applied online. Member from HR team contacted me via email to take online aptitude test. They got back to me within two weeks to schedule 1st round of phone interview with HR. It lasted for 30 mins with basic questions about my background. And same time HR confirmed that she will schedule a next interview with one of the hiring managers.
    The next round of phone interview was scheduled in a week or so. It was very simple interview with questions related to my previous experience.
    Again within a week I got a call from HR for face to face interview. They made all arrangements for my trip to Tucson with flight ticket, hotel accommodation for two days + food. Everything was paid company.
    Interview was whole one day process with 1 HR interview, 2 interviews with hiring managers and aptitude test.
    Less than 5 days I got a call with a job offer.
    I loved the interview process. Very well organised. Nice people to work with ....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is very less. But good company to start a career. They provide visa sponsorship.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Tucson, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, internet based IQ/personality assessment, followed shortly by in-person interviews with 5 managers and an on-site IQ/personality assessment.

Negotiation

Salary was somewhat negotiable. Feel free to try.

RVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process seems to be targeted to entry level employees who don't yet have career experience. As a sr. manager, I was disappointed to find that my conversations with HR were evasive (not willing to share any information about the position and responsibilities) and manipulative (told me I was coming in for interviews when they only wanted me to take another online test.)

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard questions....what would you do in xx situation? Explain your management or leadership style? What is the most difficult employee situation you've had to address?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sunquest Information Systems (Tucson, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

After the initial call from the recruiter, I was given an assessment. It was long and hard! From what I hear, about 90% of applicants can't get past the assessment. Then I got a long interview with the recruiter (30 min via phone), then a short phone interview with the hiring manager. Next was a visit to the office to get a tour, learn about benefits, 30 min personal interview with the hiring manager, and to make a short presentation to show I can present well.

Interview Questions

• How do you estimate the time you'll use to create a learning event?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I tried to ask for more money, but I was told, "I have a position that begins at this, do you want to accept it?"