Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living AVC Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Avc Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in June 2010.

Because this is a coordinator position, I was contacted by a recruiter first. We set up a phone interview that consisted of questions about my experience, degree, etc, and lasted about 20 minutes. I was then called by the Executive Director to come in for a 1:1 interview, where they asked behavioral questions such as "Describe a time when you have motivated an employee." The belief at Sunrise is that past behavior is a true depiction of what your future behavior will be, which I definitely agree with. I was then call a week and a half later and asked to come into the community to facilitate a program for the residents. I really liked this aspect because I think it's important to see a person's skills in action before hiring them, and because they allowed the residents to be a part of the decision making process. After my group, I had an interview with all of the other coordinators, which consisted of a couple of questions about my background, and a lot of friendly conversation. They all seemed genuinely interested in me as a person as well as a professional, so it was easy to talk with them. After that, I was told that I would hear one way or the other by the end of the weekend, which I did. Although they told me I was the final candidate for the position, I had a short phone interview (about 10 minutes) with the area manager before being officially offered the job. After that, I needed to get a background check and drug screen with took a few days.

Interview Questions
  • "Please describe a situation when you motivated another team member"   Answer Question
In my interview with the ED, she asked what I was looking to make at the position, and then told me a salary range that was a little lower then what I was asking (not much). When she offered me the position, she offered me the higher end of the salary range, which I took because they also offered to pay for all of my CEU's.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!