Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

1.9

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Filled out the application online, received a call back within 2 weeks, came in for a group interview, was offered a position, met with the Executive Director, filled out paper app, was sent for physical and drug screen, and started once everything was complete.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question like name a time when you went over and beyond for something when you didn't have too...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Filled out application online a couple days later received an email from one if the recruiters apparently they were having a job fair went in for the job fair on 08/06 it was so many people there then they called about 12 of us out for the interview the interview was conducted by the director of nurses and the coordinator they asked about 5 questions nothing hard really easy questions but they didn't ask the questions to each person you just had to speak out they also told us history about sunrise what we would be doing and how much we were going to make after the interview was over they told us if we're interested they would call us in a week a week later I got a phone call from them asking me to come in and shadow for 2 hours after that was over they ask me did I like it and told me to call the coordinator the following day called the coordinator set up another interview went in for the interview wasn't much of an interview just them asking me did I want the job after that they gave me the information to go take my tb test physical drug test and background check then they called me about 2 weeks later to come in for training

Interview Questions

• No difficult question just things like why do you want to work here what experience do you have   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation offered 10$

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Tustin, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2 group interviews with RCC. 1 individual interview with the executive director. They asked you to explain your background working with seniors. They gave you scenarios that you may encounter with dementia residents and asked how you would handle it. They also made sure you know how to take vital signs, first aid, and cpr and how to assess for physical problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with a patient that has dementia   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, i was not able to negotiate. i attempted to negotiate a higher pay rate and they declined. i was also banned from discussing my hourly rate with coworkers because they start everybody with a different rate depending on your prior experience

Care Manager Interview

Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was a quick and easy process. group interview with about 8 people. The interview was informal. We were pretty much told about the company and took a tour. We then had to come in for a job shadow with a care manager. After that they check your references and give you a drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you were given negative feedback and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Frisco, TX).

Interview

The interviewed as a group. Questions are asked individually. Tour is given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation phase, rate of pay is standard across the board.

Care Manager Interview

Interview

I was called in for a group interview. I did not like what I seen .

Care Manager Interview

Interview

Called for an in person group interview. Verbal questions were a joke, my name and my favorite movie. I was interviewed by an outgoing coordinator so maybe that is the reason for the odd questions.
    The indicative part of the interview was pretending to write a letter to a resident's family. That's where you talk about love for service, enjoying individual time etc
    BUT I highly recommend you don't apply or accept a job at Sunrise

Interview Questions

• My favorite movie...made the interview seem like a joke   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Plano, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Quick and fast they are always desperate because they have high turn over.