Sunrise Senior Living

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview Details – The interviewed as a group. Questions are asked individually. Tour is given.

Interview Question – None, pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation phase, rate of pay is standard across the board.

Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is not an interview really...more like them telling you what they do and asking if you want the job

Interview Question – nothing...maybe too easy to get in   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they don't pay much for the work that is expected but the residents are awesome

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a long process for me, took over a month to start working. I was called for a group interview with the coordinator of the assisted living. She was very nice during the whole interview. Then she asked us if we wanted to follow someone to see what the job entails. Follow someone for 2 hours. Got called for a second interview with the ED, who was very strict and was hard on me, but I also was not prepared and I probably sounded not very qualified for the job. Called for a 3rd interview with ED where she drilled me some more to make sure I could be hired. Got hired they will ask you to do a drug test, finger prints, and a physical. Then was called 2 weeks later to start working.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview. I did not like what I seen .

Interview Question – They asked me about my favorit movie   Answer Question

Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2012.

Interview Details – I waited over an hour and a half for my interview and it did not consist of any interview questions. She looked at my resume, asked if I wanted to shadow for a few hours (paid) and then I could decide if I wanted the job.

Negotiation Details – They did not have a negotiation process. I was filling out paperwork for employment when I found out how much I would be making.

Interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living

Interview Details – Called for an in person group interview. Verbal questions were a joke, my name and my favorite movie. I was interviewed by an outgoing coordinator so maybe that is the reason for the odd questions.
The indicative part of the interview was pretending to write a letter to a resident's family. That's where you talk about love for service, enjoying individual time etc
BUT I highly recommend you don't apply or accept a job at Sunrise

Interview Question – My favorite movie...made the interview seem like a joke   Answer Question

Plaquemine, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consist of a group interview where various aspects of the company are discussed. A second interview is arranged about 6 weeks later. A background check is done which can take several weeks . The process is very long however being persistence and calling to check on the status of your application helps.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For the care manager position there was no negotiation.

Bloomfield Township, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in February 2010.

Interview Details – i had a interview on tues did my walk thru the next day and was told the hiring process would take about a month because i had to take a drug test, a tb test and get finger printed. i called a week later to let them know i was still interested and the lady said thanks for calling and someone will be calling me next week so i waited 3 weeks and after a month and a week had went by i called and left the lady a message and she never called me back.

Interview Question – there are no right or wrong answers. all the questions are about what you think is important and personality questions about yourself.   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2008.

Interview Details – the person conducting the interview seemed nice. She was pretty late though. She asked questions like why do you want to work here? Do you have any experice? (Allthough I don't think they care if you have any expericence most people they hire don't wich is propbly the reason for the high turnover rate.) Have you ever had a fight or disagreement with another co-worker? How did you handle that situation?

Interview Question – what is your weakness at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Negotiation. But I did get paid more because I was certifed. It is not a requirement with that company

Care Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview Details – I started this journey by going into one of sunrise's facilities asking if their were any positions open. They gave me a paper that said visit their website and apply there. I did and got a call back with in a week saying there would be a group interview the next day. There were 5 applicants including myself and two interviewers. They asked us to tell them a little about ourselves and a couple of questions. They asked a few questions including how did you handle a coworker who was difficult? Do you have any experience with people with dementia, a team, and how do you handle stress. Another week later they asked me to shadow their caremanagers. It lasted for an hour and all i did was sit in a corner of the room watching how the residents and care managers interact with each other during meal time. Another week later I called them back asking how everything was going and they wanted me to go through a one on one interview. The supervisor drilled me with questions, most of them I can't remember any more, but it was the usual questions. I waited for a week and called them again. She said she was busy and wasn't able to talk with the supervisor that i interviewed with before but she would call me. I waited one more week and she called me back offering me the job. I now have to do background check, physical, things like that. Everyone was very nice in the facility and I can't wait to get started. (I also want to point out that I made a post similar to this but with a lot more information on interview questions but glassdoor's website didnt save it and I didn't feel like making it all over again, sorry) A few tips: make sure you keep calling back if you don't get a response back. Dress for success (no denim even if it is black). Be honest. I think they look for Volunteer experience so make that a key point in your interview process. I had no paid experience, only volunteering.

Interview Question – How did you manage your time in the nursing home?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered 9.50 and I didnt negotiate. It was my first job and i didnt want to lose it over negotiations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Sunrise Senior Living Videos

Sunrise Senior Living – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Sunrise Senior Living has been the employer of choice for warm-hearted people searching for meaningful work in a nurturing, ethical and active environment. We offer a uniquely sensitive approach and personal… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees and interview candidates.