Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

1.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Care Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Care Manager Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Care Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview was a quick and easy process. group interview with about 8 people. The interview was informal. We were pretty much told about the company and took a tour. We then had to come in for a job shadow with a care manager. After that they check your references and give you a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you were given negative feedback and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in November 2012.

Quick and fast they are always desperate because they have high turn over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

The interviewed as a group. Questions are asked individually. Tour is given.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation phase, rate of pay is standard across the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2011.

The interview process is not an interview really...more like them telling you what they do and asking if you want the job

Interview Questions
    they don't pay much for the work that is expected but the residents are awesome

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2011.

It was a long process for me, took over a month to start working. I was called for a group interview with the coordinator of the assisted living. She was very nice during the whole interview. Then she asked us if we wanted to follow someone to see what the job entails. Follow someone for 2 hours. Got called for a second interview with the ED, who was very strict and was hard on me, but I also was not prepared and I probably sounded not very qualified for the job. Called for a 3rd interview with ED where she drilled me some more to make sure I could be hired. Got hired they will ask you to do a drug test, finger prints, and a physical. Then was called 2 weeks later to start working.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Care Manager Interview

I was called in for a group interview. I did not like what I seen .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2012.

I waited over an hour and a half for my interview and it did not consist of any interview questions. She looked at my resume, asked if I wanted to shadow for a few hours (paid) and then I could decide if I wanted the job.

They did not have a negotiation process. I was filling out paperwork for employment when I found out how much I would be making.

Care Manager Interview

Called for an in person group interview. Verbal questions were a joke, my name and my favorite movie. I was interviewed by an outgoing coordinator so maybe that is the reason for the odd questions.
    The indicative part of the interview was pretending to write a letter to a resident's family. That's where you talk about love for service, enjoying individual time etc
    BUT I highly recommend you don't apply or accept a job at Sunrise

Interview Questions
    • My favorite movie...made the interview seem like a joke   Answer Question

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!