Sunrise Senior Living

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Concierge

I applied online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2014.

Interview Details – I recently applied and they gave me an online interview I am waiting for the response I have not talk a live person only via email conversations so I do not know f there are more steps

Interview Question – the question were easy nothing hard about it   Answer Question

Concierge

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview Details – Apply for the job either in person or online, get a one on one interview, drug test, background check, training.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with working with seniors?   Answer Question

Gilbert, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2010.

Interview Details – I turned in an application and background check form, and 4 references (2 personal, 2 professional). Then I met one on one with the hiring manager, and the department head of the job I was applying for. They asked detailed questions about my experience with seniors and how I would react in certain situations. They asked how much I would expect to be paid, and what hours I would be available for. They asked questions about my previous jobs, and how they might be applied to working with seniors. After being hired, there was a lot of paperwork to sign, and I had to wait for my fingerprint clearance card. I had to get CPR/First Aid certified, and get my food handler's permit in addition to completing a two week training course by the company.
Advice I would give to those coming for an interview- First, dress professionally. No jeans, flipflops, or Tshirts. Second, think about your experience with seniors and why you want to work with them prior to coming to the interview so you're prepared. Also, if you get CPR/First Aid certified and a food handlers permit prior, it will cut down the time if you are hired. If you're able, I would also try to find out how much others in your field with your level of experience are being paid. I had no idea how much I should ask for. (Don't ask employees you don't know at the place you're applying, though- that's bad form.) I would make sure you have a professional sounding voicemail before putting in applications- some employer's are turned off when they hear silly or confusing answering machines. Also think about what to say when they ask what you're weaknesses are- every interview I've ever been to asks that. Lastly, make sure your references are ok with you putting them down, and make sure their numbers are vaild. Sunrise, at least, really does call and check.

Interview Questions

• Experience with seniors at my previous job (I worked in a restaraunt and so was not expecting that question)   View Answer
  • How much I expected to be paid   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was an entry-level employee, and I was offered a very fair wage, more than I was making before. I did not negotiate. The only thing I would make sure to do is if you need certain days off, you'll be able to get them.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in September 2011.

Interview Details – group interview of 8 or 9 with the top four applicants held back. We were scheduled to shadow the position for an hour the following week and had a one on one with the executive director.

Everyone very nice, very positive. strong promote from within policy. seems important that working with seniors be personal in some way to their employees. Background check, fingerprinting and drug test pending.

Interview Question – talk about a stressful day you have had and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no offer yet, but am fairly certain one is pending.

Concierge

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2012.

Interview Details – 10/9/2012
I filled out the application, sent in my resume and called the business office coordinator to see if she had gotten my resume or not. She and I had a GREAT condo, builded a good rapport and she invited me for an interview 3 days later. Well today I had the interview. Walked in, sat and waited for a minute while watching fresh prince on the tv and the executive director cam out and greeted me. She interviewed me, it went well so the business office coordinator gave me a tour of the facility (assisted living). IT WAS A GORGEOUS FACILITY AND IT WAS CLEAN AND FRESH SMELLING TOO! The BOC had me sign a background check consent form and I was offered the job part time......they seem like really good people there

Update:10/29/2012
They went back on the job offer because of my background. It sucks because I did the physical, drug test, tb shot but got nowhere. Oh well....

Concierge

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted after sending in my resume via email. I had a quick phone interview and then invited to group interview. Group interview asked many diverse personality and attitude questions. Called back for one on one in person interview. After passing the background check was offered a position. Good training re Sunrise policy.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!