Sunrise Senior Living Concierge Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Rocky River, OH).

Interview

I saw the job posting on indeed. I clicked on the link on indeed and it took me to a log in page for potential employees where you create a log in and password. On this page, you enter basic information: name, contact information, work history, skills, school/education. I received an email stating that I was selected for a group interview. The group interview was the following week. The hiring manager told us about the position and asked each person 3 questions. I received the job offer the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself What would you do if your phone was ringing and a resident was trying to walk out the front door?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was quite easy. Background check. And just a very informal interview. Questions were more scenario based and interviewer was extremely nice. Wouldn't stress too much. Got the job but declined because personal reasons. Great company to work for. Sense of family and community inside of the building.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume and application on the company website. About a week later, I received an email letting me know I had been selected to attend a group interview. The day of the interview, I arrived at the local Sunrise facility along with about 15 other people. About half of us were interviewing for the concierge/receptionist position. The others were interviewing for caregiver positions. We all filled out profile sheets about our favorite colors and pets. Then we watched a brief video on Sunrise. Next, two managers sat with all of us and described their experience and expectations of team members. Finally, we answered several questions. Some were required questions...we went around the circle. Others were optional...only a few of us answered. They included: your name and what position you are applying for, why do you want to work at Sunrise, what do you bring to Sunrise, what do you expect from Sunrise. The process took 1 hour. The day after the interview, I received a photocopied letter letting me know they would keep me resume on file. That was 2 months ago. The position is still open.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from Sunrise?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2014.

Interview

I recently applied and they gave me an online interview I am waiting for the response I have not talk a live person only via email conversations so I do not know f there are more steps

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Apply for the job either in person or online, get a one on one interview, drug test, background check, training.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2013.

Interview

I applied in person. They lost my application twice, and the interview itself was very informal. Met with the executive director 3 days after initial interview and was offered the job on the spot. I was asked basic questions, and frankly, everyone seemed a little frazzled by the activity. Overall everyone seemed excited to have someone qualified applying, and they didn't try to hide their enthusiasm. It was easy to see I was definitely being considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the phone was ringing, a resident was at your desk , and someone walked in the door?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Huntington Beach, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

group interview of 8 or 9 with the top four applicants held back. We were scheduled to shadow the position for an hour the following week and had a one on one with the executive director. Everyone very nice, very positive. strong promote from within policy. seems important that working with seniors be personal in some way to their employees. Background check, fingerprinting and drug test pending.

Interview Questions

• talk about a stressful day you have had and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no offer yet, but am fairly certain one is pending.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

I turned in an application and background check form, and 4 references (2 personal, 2 professional). Then I met one on one with the hiring manager, and the department head of the job I was applying for. They asked detailed questions about my experience with seniors and how I would react in certain situations. They asked how much I would expect to be paid, and what hours I would be available for. They asked questions about my previous jobs, and how they might be applied to working with seniors. After being hired, there was a lot of paperwork to sign, and I had to wait for my fingerprint clearance card. I had to get CPR/First Aid certified, and get my food handler's permit in addition to completing a two week training course by the company. Advice I would give to those coming for an interview- First, dress professionally. No jeans, flipflops, or Tshirts. Second, think about your experience with seniors and why you want to work with them prior to coming to the interview so you're prepared. Also, if you get CPR/First Aid certified and a food handlers permit prior, it will cut down the time if you are hired. If you're able, I would also try to find out how much others in your field with your level of experience are being paid. I had no idea how much I should ask for. (Don't ask employees you don't know at the place you're applying, though- that's bad form.) I would make sure you have a professional sounding voicemail before putting in applications- some employer's are turned off when they hear silly or confusing answering machines. Also think about what to say when they ask what you're weaknesses are- every interview I've ever been to asks that. Lastly, make sure your references are ok with you putting them down, and make sure their numbers are vaild. Sunrise, at least, really does call and check.

Interview Questions

• Experience with seniors at my previous job (I worked in a restaraunt and so was not expecting that question)   1 Answer
    • How much I expected to be paid   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an entry-level employee, and I was offered a very fair wage, more than I was making before. I did not negotiate. The only thing I would make sure to do is if you need certain days off, you'll be able to get them.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2012.

Interview

10/9/2012 I filled out the application, sent in my resume and called the business office coordinator to see if she had gotten my resume or not. She and I had a GREAT condo, builded a good rapport and she invited me for an interview 3 days later. Well today I had the interview. Walked in, sat and waited for a minute while watching fresh prince on the tv and the executive director cam out and greeted me. She interviewed me, it went well so the business office coordinator gave me a tour of the facility (assisted living). IT WAS A GORGEOUS FACILITY AND IT WAS CLEAN AND FRESH SMELLING TOO! The BOC had me sign a background check consent form and I was offered the job part time......they seem like really good people there Update:10/29/2012 They went back on the job offer because of my background. It sucks because I did the physical, drug test, tb shot but got nowhere. Oh well....

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2009.

Interview

I was contacted after sending in my resume via email. I had a quick phone interview and then invited to group interview. Group interview asked many diverse personality and attitude questions. Called back for one on one in person interview. After passing the background check was offered a position. Good training re Sunrise policy.