Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Associate Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The Senior Director who interviewed me was great! Very nice. Asked me questions on how I'd handle certain situations. One on One interview. Be early. To get the interview I applied online. Then had phone interview with Talent Aquisitions rep. Then waited almost two weeks/ then I followed up to the center Director with email. Got called for interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to give examples of how I did handle team work, difficult clients, a time when I couldn't give someone what they wanted.   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Sandy Springs, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called in for open interview. Two other people showed up. Interview lasted about 10 mins. Was given tour afterwards. Came in to shadow for about an hour the day after the interview. Sent to take a drug test and physical exam. Also had to take a tb test. Background check was done also.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work with senors?
      How do you feel about staffing issues?

1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Plymouth, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone "pre-interview" then an on-line personality test.

I hate it when companies do not get back to you to let you know either way. I understand that decisions take time, but at least do the courtesy of an occasional email update during the process, or advise if the candidate is out of the running... Or at least respond to follow up emails. I understand that saying "you didn't get the job" is an uncomfortable conversation, but leaving someone hanging is just rude.

Not sure I would want to work for a company that is that discourteous to potential employees.

Interview Questions

• asked all of the "basic/canned" interview questions... why are you looking for a job, what do you look for in an employer, etc.   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Rocky River, OH).

Interview

I saw the job posting on indeed. I clicked on the link on indeed and it took me to a log in page for potential employees where you create a log in and password. On this page, you enter basic information: name, contact information, work history, skills, school/education. I received an email stating that I was selected for a group interview. The group interview was the following week. The hiring manager told us about the position and asked each person 3 questions. I received the job offer the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What would you do if your phone was ringing and a resident was trying to walk out the front door?

1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was quite easy. Background check. And just a very informal interview. Questions were more scenario based and interviewer was extremely nice. Wouldn't stress too much. Got the job but declined because personal reasons. Great company to work for. Sense of family and community inside of the building.

Director of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Petaluma, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. I sent resume and discussed the position. I had phone interviews (behavioral interview questions) with Senior RN VP and Senior Care Coordinator. I had personal interviews with the Executive Director. All were very upfront regarding the position and were focused on whether this job would be a good fit for my future goals.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when 2 of your staff had a conflict that was interfering with the job, describe the conflict, and the steps you did to intervene.   Answer Question
    • Q: What professional experiences, accomplishments are you bringing to Sunrise that would make you the better candidate?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Group interview followed a written application form submitted during the session. Mostly introductory and general info shared among a host of various job applicants for different positions. Not very specific to particular jobs we were applying for.

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had 1:1 interview then phone interview. The 1:1 interview went very well. Unsure of phone interview which came after the 1:1 interview. Did not hear anything after that.

Caregiver Interview

Interview

I applied online thru their website, after a couple days I received an email telling me that I can join the group interview. Went to the group interview, there were 12 people, including me, and it was very informal. They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer. After that, they told us to wait for their call.

Interview Questions

• They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer   Answer Question

Quality of Life Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had two interviews, first with the Programming and Activities Director, the second with the Director of the facility. Between was a shadowing experience. The offered compensation was $12.50, and the schedule was variable, with one evening a week and several weekend days a month required.

The facilities were nice, but the job was more than the initial interview and description mentioned. You are expected to stop fights, help clean up excrement and urine, as well as assist in dressing and containing the residents. There's nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what was initially described. This would be a great job for the right person. It would have broken my heart.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about handling the clean up of bodily fluids?   1 Answer

I decided that I didn't want to work with Alzheimer's patients in a facility, for such a low hourly rate, and I didn't care for the schedule.