Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sunrise Senior Living
- Care Manager (20)
- Concierge (10)
- Executive Director (9)
- Reminiscence Care Manager (5)
- Care Giver (5)
- Reminiscence Coordinator (4)
- Wellness Nurse (4)
- Health Care Coordinator (4)
- Life Enrichment Manager (3)
- Activities Assistant (3)
- Lead Care Manager (2)
- Director of Community Relations (2)
- Assisted Living Coordinator (2)
- Server (1)
- Business Office Coordinator (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Director (1)
- Open (1)
- Resident Care Coordinator (1)
- CNA (1)
- Sales (1)
- Caregiver (1)
- Avc (1)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (1)
- Business Manager (1)
- Maintenance Coordinator (1)
- Medication Manager (1)
- Director Recruiting (1)
- Medication Care Manager (1)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Rocky River, OH).
I saw the job posting on indeed. I clicked on the link on indeed and it took me to a log in page for potential employees where you create a log in and password. On this page, you enter basic information: name, contact information, work history, skills, school/education. I received an email stating that I was selected for a group interview. The group interview was the following week. The hiring manager told us about the position and asked each person 3 questions. I received the job offer the same day as the interview.
- Tell me about yourself
What would you do if your phone was ringing and a resident was trying to walk out the front door? 1 Answer
- Tell me about yourself
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
Interview was quite easy. Background check. And just a very informal interview. Questions were more scenario based and interviewer was extremely nice. Wouldn't stress too much. Got the job but declined because personal reasons. Great company to work for. Sense of family and community inside of the building.
- How do you handle multi tasking Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
Group interview followed a written application form submitted during the session. Mostly introductory and general info shared among a host of various job applicants for different positions. Not very specific to particular jobs we were applying for.
- Our background in brief. 1 Answer
I applied online thru their website, after a couple days I received an email telling me that I can join the group interview. Went to the group interview, there were 12 people, including me, and it was very informal. They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer. After that, they told us to wait for their call.
- They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).
I had two interviews, first with the Programming and Activities Director, the second with the Director of the facility. Between was a shadowing experience. The offered compensation was $12.50, and the schedule was variable, with one evening a week and several weekend days a month required.
The facilities were nice, but the job was more than the initial interview and description mentioned. You are expected to stop fights, help clean up excrement and urine, as well as assist in dressing and containing the residents. There's nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what was initially described. This would be a great job for the right person. It would have broken my heart.
- How do you feel about handling the clean up of bodily fluids? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
I decided that I didn't want to work with Alzheimer's patients in a facility, for such a low hourly rate, and I didn't care for the schedule.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
Filled out the application online, received a call back within 2 weeks, came in for a group interview, was offered a position, met with the Executive Director, filled out paper app, was sent for physical and drug screen, and started once everything was complete.
- Basic interview question like name a time when you went over and beyond for something when you didn't have too... Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2014.
Went to a group interview after being invited by the Administrator received my resume. Was told I would hear back in a week. Was called in 10 minutes for an interview at another location. Went to the location on the day and time they told me to. Everyone was surprised and caught off guard that I appeared. The Manager was not there for the prearranged interview. I observed for a few minutes then left. Epic fail! Not impressed.
- Why are you here today? 1 Answer
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
One on one with Activity Director and then the Executive Director. I also came back another day to do a job preview to see if the job was a good fit for me as well as for the community. It looked liked a great community with nice residents, clean facility and the workers were also nice.
- Have you every had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle the situation? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
It was and hourly rate that was very low for the position.
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2014.
Very lengthy interview process. I submitted my application. I was contacted by the recruiting within 7 days and had an initial phone interview of about 30 minutes. Within 2 days, the second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. About a week later, I had a in person interview with the hiring manager, then a series of interviews with the leadership team and a final interview with a VP Panel. The process was very long but the people were really amazing. They were professional and made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was impressed at the level of experience in the company and the commitment to try and find the right fit for the company. At the particular community I interviewed for they had staff (managers) who had been there for over 20 years. This was very impressive. I met individuals who started as caregivers and were now in top leadership positions due to education and promotion.
- Questions were very specific. You had to give examples of specific incidents and the issue, action and resolution you took. 1 Answer
There was very little negotiation which was expected. The communities have a certain budget for the position and could not exceed it
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Philadelphia, PA).
Behavioral based interviewing. They will ask specific questions related to past experiences, which will predict future behavior. Be prepared with examples of dealing with difficult customers, examples of team work, etc.
- Very specific questions relating to financial performance and knowledge of profit and loss statements. Answer Question
Depends on experience, but they will negotiate.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review