Sunrise Senior Living

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.6

Activities Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

One on one with Activity Director and then the Executive Director. I also came back another day to do a job preview to see if the job was a good fit for me as well as for the community. It looked liked a great community with nice residents, clean facility and the workers were also nice.

Interview Questions
    • Have you every had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

It was and hourly rate that was very low for the position.

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2014.

Very lengthy interview process. I submitted my application. I was contacted by the recruiting within 7 days and had an initial phone interview of about 30 minutes. Within 2 days, the second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. About a week later, I had a in person interview with the hiring manager, then a series of interviews with the leadership team and a final interview with a VP Panel. The process was very long but the people were really amazing. They were professional and made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was impressed at the level of experience in the company and the commitment to try and find the right fit for the company. At the particular community I interviewed for they had staff (managers) who had been there for over 20 years. This was very impressive. I met individuals who started as caregivers and were now in top leadership positions due to education and promotion.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very specific. You had to give examples of specific incidents and the issue, action and resolution you took.   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation which was expected. The communities have a certain budget for the position and could not exceed it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Behavioral based interviewing. They will ask specific questions related to past experiences, which will predict future behavior. Be prepared with examples of dealing with difficult customers, examples of team work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions relating to financial performance and knowledge of profit and loss statements.   Answer Question
    Depends on experience, but they will negotiate.

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.

Care Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Filled out application online a couple days later received an email from one if the recruiters apparently they were having a job fair went in for the job fair on 08/06 it was so many people there then they called about 12 of us out for the interview the interview was conducted by the director of nurses and the coordinator they asked about 5 questions nothing hard really easy questions but they didn't ask the questions to each person you just had to speak out they also told us history about sunrise what we would be doing and how much we were going to make after the interview was over they told us if we're interested they would call us in a week a week later I got a phone call from them asking me to come in and shadow for 2 hours after that was over they ask me did I like it and told me to call the coordinator the following day called the coordinator set up another interview went in for the interview wasn't much of an interview just them asking me did I want the job after that they gave me the information to go take my tb test physical drug test and background check then they called me about 2 weeks later to come in for training

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question just things like why do you want to work here what experience do you have   Answer Question
    No negotiation offered 10$

Executive Director Interview

I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume.   Answer Question

Wellness Nurse Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Hiring process 14 years ago was very odd, I was new to city and went to community with my resume ,I expected to be asked to come back for interview, be asked questions to get to know me and my skills that were not on resume, instead I received a call 3 hours later to say I got the job if I wanted it

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked just "when can you start"   View Answer
    No negotiation needed, I put my requested salary on resume and I was offered $4.00 more than I requested

Care Manager Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Assisted Living Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

The executives will never be honest in reference to what one is facing when being interviewed for this position. They will not reveal the culture in the facility nor the attitude of the existing management. They will tell you they want change, but will not back you up after being hired.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview was a quick and easy process. group interview with about 8 people. The interview was informal. We were pretty much told about the company and took a tour. We then had to come in for a job shadow with a care manager. After that they check your references and give you a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you were given negative feedback and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question