Sunrise Senior Living

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.5

Activities Assistant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Group interview followed a written application form submitted during the session. Mostly introductory and general info shared among a host of various job applicants for different positions. Not very specific to particular jobs we were applying for.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online thru their website, after a couple days I received an email telling me that I can join the group interview. Went to the group interview, there were 12 people, including me, and it was very informal. They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer. After that, they told us to wait for their call.

Interview Questions
    • They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer   Answer Question

Quality of Life Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I had two interviews, first with the Programming and Activities Director, the second with the Director of the facility. Between was a shadowing experience. The offered compensation was $12.50, and the schedule was variable, with one evening a week and several weekend days a month required.

The facilities were nice, but the job was more than the initial interview and description mentioned. You are expected to stop fights, help clean up excrement and urine, as well as assist in dressing and containing the residents. There's nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what was initially described. This would be a great job for the right person. It would have broken my heart.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about handling the clean up of bodily fluids?   View Answer

I decided that I didn't want to work with Alzheimer's patients in a facility, for such a low hourly rate, and I didn't care for the schedule.

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Filled out the application online, received a call back within 2 weeks, came in for a group interview, was offered a position, met with the Executive Director, filled out paper app, was sent for physical and drug screen, and started once everything was complete.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview question like name a time when you went over and beyond for something when you didn't have too...   Answer Question

Volunteer and Activities Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2014.

Went to a group interview after being invited by the Administrator received my resume. Was told I would hear back in a week. Was called in 10 minutes for an interview at another location. Went to the location on the day and time they told me to. Everyone was surprised and caught off guard that I appeared. The Manager was not there for the prearranged interview. I observed for a few minutes then left. Epic fail! Not impressed.

Activities Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

One on one with Activity Director and then the Executive Director. I also came back another day to do a job preview to see if the job was a good fit for me as well as for the community. It looked liked a great community with nice residents, clean facility and the workers were also nice.

Interview Questions
    • Have you every had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

It was and hourly rate that was very low for the position.

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2014.

Very lengthy interview process. I submitted my application. I was contacted by the recruiting within 7 days and had an initial phone interview of about 30 minutes. Within 2 days, the second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. About a week later, I had a in person interview with the hiring manager, then a series of interviews with the leadership team and a final interview with a VP Panel. The process was very long but the people were really amazing. They were professional and made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was impressed at the level of experience in the company and the commitment to try and find the right fit for the company. At the particular community I interviewed for they had staff (managers) who had been there for over 20 years. This was very impressive. I met individuals who started as caregivers and were now in top leadership positions due to education and promotion.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very specific. You had to give examples of specific incidents and the issue, action and resolution you took.   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation which was expected. The communities have a certain budget for the position and could not exceed it

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Behavioral based interviewing. They will ask specific questions related to past experiences, which will predict future behavior. Be prepared with examples of dealing with difficult customers, examples of team work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions relating to financial performance and knowledge of profit and loss statements.   Answer Question
    Depends on experience, but they will negotiate.

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Filled out application online a couple days later received an email from one if the recruiters apparently they were having a job fair went in for the job fair on 08/06 it was so many people there then they called about 12 of us out for the interview the interview was conducted by the director of nurses and the coordinator they asked about 5 questions nothing hard really easy questions but they didn't ask the questions to each person you just had to speak out they also told us history about sunrise what we would be doing and how much we were going to make after the interview was over they told us if we're interested they would call us in a week a week later I got a phone call from them asking me to come in and shadow for 2 hours after that was over they ask me did I like it and told me to call the coordinator the following day called the coordinator set up another interview went in for the interview wasn't much of an interview just them asking me did I want the job after that they gave me the information to go take my tb test physical drug test and background check then they called me about 2 weeks later to come in for training

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question just things like why do you want to work here what experience do you have   Answer Question
    No negotiation offered 10$

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.