Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

In the maryland building where I worked, the application is usually filled out at actually location you want to work at. This is located at the conciege desk upon walking into the building. Its important to fill out the imformation with honesty because they do verify all you info. Some builidngs conduct a group interview which your automatically eligible for upon completion of the application other communities will contact you meet the requirement The first building I worked for was group interviews, here there are about 8-12 people in a room and the coordinator goes around and ask a serious of situational questions. The important thind is to be compassionate. Thats what landed me the job. Key thing to remember sunrise is not a nursing home,it is a home. Like yours and mines. So you can not treat the people there like they in a hospital. These people are residents NOT patients. If you call them patients they notive that. After the group interview I can contacted the same day via phone. I came in spoke the coordinator one on one about being hired and availibility

Interview Questions

• What would you if Mrs Johnson for example have a cat but is starting to forget to feed her cat and change the kitty litter?   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Interview

I was called in for a group interview. I did not like what I seen .

Care Manager Interview

Interview

Called for an in person group interview. Verbal questions were a joke, my name and my favorite movie. I was interviewed by an outgoing coordinator so maybe that is the reason for the odd questions. The indicative part of the interview was pretending to write a letter to a resident's family. That's where you talk about love for service, enjoying individual time etc BUT I highly recommend you don't apply or accept a job at Sunrise

Interview Questions

• My favorite movie...made the interview seem like a joke   Answer Question

Reminiscence Care Manager Interview

Interview

Very lengthy interview and hiring process. They required a 6 hour observation before I was hired, which is good due to the nature of the work. You also have to pass a physical.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Sterling, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very detailed. I had an extensive interview process. It took over 1 month to get an offer. The team was very friendly and personable. I enjoyed the process and had fun. I was reimbursed for my travel and offered a relocation bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you felt you had to change your management style and what did you do?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Interview

I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Apply for the job either in person or online, get a one on one interview, drug test, background check, training.

Care Giver Interview

Interview

I had a very horrible interview experience but I can't even call it that since it ended before it even began. I was told by phone that interviews were conducted once a week in a group. So I arrived at the scheduled day and time for this so-called group interview. When I arrived the front door entrance was jammed. I waited 5 minutes outside for someone to let me in. I had a bad feeling about how the rest of my time there would proceed, rightfully so. When I checked in with front reception, I sat down and waited patiently for 35 minutes passed by scheduled interview time. After waiting patiently for 35 minutes in the lobby, the director came and told me that the person supposed to interview me was not here and that she didn't know she was interviewing someone. She then proceeded and wanted to interview me in the lobby. In my head I'm like, really lady??? Is this professional??? So I politely asked her if their is an office we can go to and discuss the position in private. We then proceeded to an office. First thing she asked me is what hours I'm looking for. I said weekdays as I work on the weekend. She then says we don't have anything available on the weekdays and she can't help me out. I'm like the job ad didn't mention anything about what hours you were looking for, all it said was for a part-time position. Why don't they tell you this before so you don't waste your time and gas going there??? At that point I honestly didn't even want the job. I got a bad impression of how they treat their employees. Most likely they treat them like dirt. Overall I spent an hour traveling and my time wasted in preparing and waiting in the lobby for nothing. They have a horrible organization. I personally would not recommend any of my friends to work there. They probably pay like crap as well. Corporate will sure be hearing from me. I want my gas money!

Care Manager Interview

Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Caregiver Interview

Interview

I applied online thru their website, after a couple days I received an email telling me that I can join the group interview. Went to the group interview, there were 12 people, including me, and it was very informal. They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer. After that, they told us to wait for their call.

Interview Questions

• They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer   Answer Question