Sunrise Senior Living

2.6

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2013.

Subjective. They do most of the talking in group interview. You can ask questions but they want you to know what they want you to know You leave without any indication whether they liked you or not. Just a waiting game if you are chosen

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I didn't initiate one. They basically start all Care Managers at or around same rate.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online thru their website, after a couple days I received an email telling me that I can join the group interview. Went to the group interview, there were 12 people, including me, and it was very informal. They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer. After that, they told us to wait for their call.

Interview Questions
    • They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer   Answer Question

Quality of Life Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

I had two interviews, first with the Programming and Activities Director, the second with the Director of the facility. Between was a shadowing experience. The offered compensation was $12.50, and the schedule was variable, with one evening a week and several weekend days a month required.

The facilities were nice, but the job was more than the initial interview and description mentioned. You are expected to stop fights, help clean up excrement and urine, as well as assist in dressing and containing the residents. There's nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what was initially described. This would be a great job for the right person. It would have broken my heart.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about handling the clean up of bodily fluids?   View Answer

I decided that I didn't want to work with Alzheimer's patients in a facility, for such a low hourly rate, and I didn't care for the schedule.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in April 2011.

My first interview was with the Business Manager and the rest of the managers as a panel. The each asked me general questions, about my experience, education, etc. Then they had me do a test on Microsoft Word that included typing and pasting and edting pictures which I passed. My second interview was with the Executive Director. They called me the next day and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • They were concerned because I said I had no experience with taking minutes.   View Answer

Care Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Filled out the application online, received a call back within 2 weeks, came in for a group interview, was offered a position, met with the Executive Director, filled out paper app, was sent for physical and drug screen, and started once everything was complete.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview question like name a time when you went over and beyond for something when you didn't have too...   Answer Question

Volunteer and Activities Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2014.

Went to a group interview after being invited by the Administrator received my resume. Was told I would hear back in a week. Was called in 10 minutes for an interview at another location. Went to the location on the day and time they told me to. Everyone was surprised and caught off guard that I appeared. The Manager was not there for the prearranged interview. I observed for a few minutes then left. Epic fail! Not impressed.

Activities Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

One on one with Activity Director and then the Executive Director. I also came back another day to do a job preview to see if the job was a good fit for me as well as for the community. It looked liked a great community with nice residents, clean facility and the workers were also nice.

Interview Questions
    • Have you every had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

It was and hourly rate that was very low for the position.

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2014.

Very lengthy interview process. I submitted my application. I was contacted by the recruiting within 7 days and had an initial phone interview of about 30 minutes. Within 2 days, the second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. About a week later, I had a in person interview with the hiring manager, then a series of interviews with the leadership team and a final interview with a VP Panel. The process was very long but the people were really amazing. They were professional and made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was impressed at the level of experience in the company and the commitment to try and find the right fit for the company. At the particular community I interviewed for they had staff (managers) who had been there for over 20 years. This was very impressive. I met individuals who started as caregivers and were now in top leadership positions due to education and promotion.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very specific. You had to give examples of specific incidents and the issue, action and resolution you took.   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation which was expected. The communities have a certain budget for the position and could not exceed it

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2014.

Must register online through Sunrise website and fill out online application for initial qualification screening. For key personnel, a company or third party recruiter may contact you for a phone interview. You will be required to take an online "personality" or "style" survey. If you are selected, direct supervisor will contact you to set up an in-person interview. Subsequent panel interview with direct supervisor and at least one additional regional director (I interviewed with two regional directors).

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer "situational" or "performance" questions where you will be asked to recall specific past situations or problems and to role play how you handled them, or asked for a specific, hypothetical situation or problem and how you would handle it or to describe a potential solution. It will likely be a situation that required problem solving skills, adaptability, leadership, conflict resolution, multi-tasking, initiative or stress management. It can be difficult to recall past situations "on the fly" so do some planning ahead of time.   View Answer
    The offer was immediately acceptable. Some advice: do not start working until you have received an offer letter AND any negotiated bonus/commission plan in explicit writing (and ask for clarification on any confusing or obscure language).

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Behavioral based interviewing. They will ask specific questions related to past experiences, which will predict future behavior. Be prepared with examples of dealing with difficult customers, examples of team work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions relating to financial performance and knowledge of profit and loss statements.   Answer Question
    Depends on experience, but they will negotiate.