Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.5

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Tustin, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2 group interviews with RCC. 1 individual interview with the executive director. They asked you to explain your background working with seniors. They gave you scenarios that you may encounter with dementia residents and asked how you would handle it. They also made sure you know how to take vital signs, first aid, and cpr and how to assess for physical problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with a patient that has dementia   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, i was not able to negotiate. i attempted to negotiate a higher pay rate and they declined. i was also banned from discussing my hourly rate with coworkers because they start everybody with a different rate depending on your prior experience

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2013.

Interview

I applied in person. They lost my application twice, and the interview itself was very informal. Met with the executive director 3 days after initial interview and was offered the job on the spot. I was asked basic questions, and frankly, everyone seemed a little frazzled by the activity. Overall everyone seemed excited to have someone qualified applying, and they didn't try to hide their enthusiasm. It was easy to see I was definitely being considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the phone was ringing, a resident was at your desk , and someone walked in the door?   1 Answer

Wellness Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was basic, and quick. They just want to get to know your experience and interest in the company. Once hired, the hard part is waiting to act will start working. From hired date to on the floor is about 2-4 weeks, which to me is long. But they take their time to make sure you are a great fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2014.

Interview

went in for interview, met mostly with asst ED. very nice/funny, great convo with him, as well as ED when she arrived. Was told area accounting person would be in touch for further interviewing. She finally called, set up time for interview and never called. I had to contact her to find out she had something come up?! Set up another time and we finally did speak, which seemed to go well. Said she'd be in touch/let me know in a week. Never heard from her again, despite calling after that week to find out what was going on. Also inquired to site, to see if they had any insight and not a word from anyone!

Health Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Many interviews. Telephone screen from recruiter. Two in person interviews. Another telephone interview. The process was pretty lengthy, but I was informed that this was the Sunrise way. Overall, the process was a good one. I was able to get all of my questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions. You need to research and be prepared for behavioral based questions, otherwise the interview will not go well.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was quite easy. Background check. And just a very informal interview. Questions were more scenario based and interviewer was extremely nice. Wouldn't stress too much. Got the job but declined because personal reasons. Great company to work for. Sense of family and community inside of the building.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Rocky River, OH).

Interview

I saw the job posting on indeed. I clicked on the link on indeed and it took me to a log in page for potential employees where you create a log in and password. On this page, you enter basic information: name, contact information, work history, skills, school/education. I received an email stating that I was selected for a group interview. The group interview was the following week. The hiring manager told us about the position and asked each person 3 questions. I received the job offer the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What would you do if your phone was ringing and a resident was trying to walk out the front door?

1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Group interview followed a written application form submitted during the session. Mostly introductory and general info shared among a host of various job applicants for different positions. Not very specific to particular jobs we were applying for.

Caregiver Interview

Interview

I applied online thru their website, after a couple days I received an email telling me that I can join the group interview. Went to the group interview, there were 12 people, including me, and it was very informal. They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer. After that, they told us to wait for their call.

Interview Questions

• They asked us what our names are, how we heard about Sunrise, what are our experiences in caring for seniors, why seniors, and what shifts do we prefer   Answer Question

Quality of Life Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had two interviews, first with the Programming and Activities Director, the second with the Director of the facility. Between was a shadowing experience. The offered compensation was $12.50, and the schedule was variable, with one evening a week and several weekend days a month required.

The facilities were nice, but the job was more than the initial interview and description mentioned. You are expected to stop fights, help clean up excrement and urine, as well as assist in dressing and containing the residents. There's nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't what was initially described. This would be a great job for the right person. It would have broken my heart.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about handling the clean up of bodily fluids?   1 Answer

I decided that I didn't want to work with Alzheimer's patients in a facility, for such a low hourly rate, and I didn't care for the schedule.