Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Life Enrichment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2014.

Initial communications-Applied online->Heard back 2 weeks later via email to schedule group interview->Returned for second individual interview 1 week later->Suppose to return 5 days later to shadow LEM and perform LEM activity (non-pain). Pay($13-$15 maximum) had not been discussed until after second interview but wasn't enough given location.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't very difficult. More of what would you do type.   Answer Question

Pay was not enough given location and relocation factors.

Licensed Practical Nurse Wellness Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in March 2013.

go to group interview and the will call you for preview and second interview. after interview you have to do a drug test and background check. the computer training and then you get put on the schedule

no negotiation

Care Giver Interview

I had a very horrible interview experience but I can't even call it that since it ended before it even began. I was told by phone that interviews were conducted once a week in a group. So I arrived at the scheduled day and time for this so-called group interview. When I arrived the front door entrance was jammed. I waited 5 minutes outside for someone to let me in. I had a bad feeling about how the rest of my time there would proceed, rightfully so. When I checked in with front reception, I sat down and waited patiently for 35 minutes passed by scheduled interview time. After waiting patiently for 35 minutes in the lobby, the director came and told me that the person supposed to interview me was not here and that she didn't know she was interviewing someone. She then proceeded and wanted to interview me in the lobby. In my head I'm like, really lady??? Is this professional??? So I politely asked her if their is an office we can go to and discuss the position in private. We then proceeded to an office. First thing she asked me is what hours I'm looking for. I said weekdays as I work on the weekend. She then says we don't have anything available on the weekdays and she can't help me out. I'm like the job ad didn't mention anything about what hours you were looking for, all it said was for a part-time position. Why don't they tell you this before so you don't waste your time and gas going there??? At that point I honestly didn't even want the job. I got a bad impression of how they treat their employees. Most likely they treat them like dirt. Overall I spent an hour traveling and my time wasted in preparing and waiting in the lobby for nothing. They have a horrible organization. I personally would not recommend any of my friends to work there. They probably pay like crap as well. Corporate will sure be hearing from me. I want my gas money!

Licensed Practical Nurse - Medication Care Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2014.

I was contacted 2 days after applying, I applied as a Wellness nurse, but then considered Med tech position. interview was done by HR, was refer to Head nurse. Received offer next day.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to transcribe orders on MAR, what do i do in case of emergency, why do i want to work with seniors, nothing out of normal.   Answer Question

LVN Medication Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yorba Linda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2014.

I originally applied for the part-time Assisted Living Care Giver position; had already done the group interview, then the job preview and was at the final interview with the Executive Director. At my final interview, the Executive Director offered to me the LVN Med Care Manager (PT) position since I am a licensed nurse, I accepted and was given the job preview that day! They hired me for both the A.L. Care Giver & the LVN Med Care Manager position. Overall, absolutely LOVE the staff and the interview/hiring process was consistent and a great experience. Everything from start to finish, I would say about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • What are you most comfortable with when handling the care of your residents? And what are you not comfortable with?   Answer Question
    Negotiated my potential to move up to a full-time position with both job titles

Healthcare Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

The hiring process is lengthy and thorough, initially meeting other licensed professionals and facility directors. Regional leadership seem to have the most authority in placement of hired licensed staff.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based on professional experience and development. There is a sales component to this position.   View Answer
    Negotiation was not challenging. Ensure that you know your worth and value and stick to your guns.

Executive Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in June 2014.

I applied on line in response to a web posting. I received an e-mail within a few days asking to set up an interview time. The e-mail allowed me to choose a slot for the phone interview. I received a confirmation for the phone interview time. Interviewee was located in another state and was employed by the company. The interviewer had previously worked for the company in another position for more than 5 years. The interview was approx. 45 minutes in length and included several open ended questions regarding how I had dealt with certain challenges and problems in the past. The interviewer was very open about the process . Following the interview I was sent a Pi questionnaire to complete on line. The next day I received an opportunity to meet with a Regional Director for the facility with the job opening. The interview was held at another facility and I met with the Regional Director for approximately 45 minutes. The regional director was friendly but did not seem really interested in discussion of how I might utilize my experience in the Sunrise setting.

Interview Questions
    • What have I done in my experience with regard to development of financial planning within the facility context.   Answer Question

Reminiscence Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2012.

It was a panel interview-manager, chef, hospitality, and they introduced themselves to all those that were gathered in the room. They also explained what positions were open in the company. All applicants remained seated throughout the interview. The panel would post a question and applicants were to just interject their stories or answers. It all seemed fairly informal. Very few people knew what job they were actually applying for, and many ended up changing their minds once they knew that multiple people were applying for the same job. It made those that knew going in what they wanted more hesitant because it allowed people to be indecisive. At the end, applicants filled out a piece of paper that asked which job they wanted.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what job people wanted because everyone was permitted to just change which job they desired throughout the interview process.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in May 2014.

I recently applied and they gave me an online interview I am waiting for the response I have not talk a live person only via email conversations so I do not know f there are more steps

Life Enrichment Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Questions based on your experience working with residence depending on job what group you will be working with. Asked questions that showed your compassion and willingness to work in sometimes stressful environment. I enjoyed the interview because I knew I would be doing exactly what I was meant to do.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation related to the work you would be doing.   View Answer
    None. I really struggled accepting but knew it would not last. I just loved working with the residence I worked with.