Sunrise Senior Living

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.6

Memory Care Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

started as a care manager and worked my way up to Memory Care Director

no negotiation was offered

Concierge Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Apply for the job either in person or online, get a one on one interview, drug test, background check, training.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

The interviewed as a group. Questions are asked individually. Tour is given.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation phase, rate of pay is standard across the board.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2014.

Must register online through Sunrise website and fill out online application for initial qualification screening. For key personnel, a company or third party recruiter may contact you for a phone interview. You will be required to take an online "personality" or "style" survey. If you are selected, direct supervisor will contact you to set up an in-person interview. Subsequent panel interview with direct supervisor and at least one additional regional director (I interviewed with two regional directors).

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer "situational" or "performance" questions where you will be asked to recall specific past situations or problems and to role play how you handled them, or asked for a specific, hypothetical situation or problem and how you would handle it or to describe a potential solution. It will likely be a situation that required problem solving skills, adaptability, leadership, conflict resolution, multi-tasking, initiative or stress management. It can be difficult to recall past situations "on the fly" so do some planning ahead of time.   View Answer
    The offer was immediately acceptable. Some advice: do not start working until you have received an offer letter AND any negotiated bonus/commission plan in explicit writing (and ask for clarification on any confusing or obscure language).

Licensed Practical Nurse - Medication Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2014.

I was contacted 2 days after applying, I applied as a Wellness nurse, but then considered Med tech position. interview was done by HR, was refer to Head nurse. Received offer next day.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to transcribe orders on MAR, what do i do in case of emergency, why do i want to work with seniors, nothing out of normal.   Answer Question

Reminiscence Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in December 2013.

I applied online, about a week later got an email to schedule an interview. During the group interview the executive asked questions like why we want to work there and if we have any experience, nothing to complicated. About two days later got a call from the business coordinator to schedule a 'preview day' also received paperwork to get finger printed and tb test. About a month later got a call to fill more paperwork and orientation/ shadow a care manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one random fact about yourself and what is your favorite cereal.   Answer Question
    I was satisfied and not in it for the money.

Care Giver Interview

I first applied online with a Cover Letter and Resume. I have absolutely no experience in Care-giving or work experience, and although I was very eager to learn, I was still very surprised when I got the e-mail telling me a was selected to go to an interview.

The e-mail didn't say it was a group interview, but there was about 15 - 20 people. Most were looking for Caregiver position, and I believe about 2 people were there for the Team Leader Position. They have a very beautiful facility and we were interviewed in some type of lounge/living room with tables and couches. The interview was very informal. The only question asked: "Please tell us about yourself & why do you want to work at Sunrise?" I don't remember who exactly interviewed us, but there one of our interviewed informed us that the interview process is a long one. We were free to ask our interviewers any questions we had about the job.

This was my very first job interview ever! I had a nice experience, although I was very confused as to why they would send me in for an interview when they had people who were much more qualified than I was. I was very nervous and a bit intimidated when I got to know a little bit about the other prospectives before the actual "interview". I realized that I was in way over my head so I guess it kind of helped my nerves a bit, because I kind of figured that I would not be hired, so I had nothing to lose LOL.

Interview Questions
    • Only one question: Tell us about yourself & why you want to work for Sunrise. We went around the room and introduced ourselves. It was pretty informal.   Answer Question

Lead Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

A month is very long for the hiring process. First you shadow for 4 hours, then they do a background check, fingerprints, and drug test, then you fill out the necessary paperwork. You train for 5 days on the computer then, depending if you have experience or not, you train on the floor for 3-5 days

Interview Questions
    • Why does it take a month to get trained   View Answer

Reminiscence Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

You will interview with the Executive Director and possibly the management team of the community you are applying for. The next step is a phone or live interview with the area Director of Operations and possibly an interview with a Reminiscence specific Senior Manager. It could take weeks for them to get back to you but that doesn't mean you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is your worst quality as a professional   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research. They will not tell you their "skeletons."

Director Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2013.

Interview was professional but they seem to be very scattered in terms of direction. Felt as if it would be hard to build a team. Very pleasant people but are not willing to provide the technology and programs needed for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions but rather asking on how I would put together a team.   Answer Question

They didn't have the direction and commitment that I feel is required to be successful in the position. Everything was to vague.