Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Edina, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online, received a call for an interview with a group which I attended and was told if I made it would be offered a second interview or offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions for an Activity Manager position - the same as the questions were for a care associate position. It felt completely unprofessional and a waste of my time. Manager positions should have more specific questions   1 Answer

Assisted Living Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The executives will never be honest in reference to what one is facing when being interviewed for this position. They will not reveal the culture in the facility nor the attitude of the existing management. They will tell you they want change, but will not back you up after being hired.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Interview

I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume.   Answer Question

Wellness Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Hiring process 14 years ago was very odd, I was new to city and went to community with my resume ,I expected to be asked to come back for interview, be asked questions to get to know me and my skills that were not on resume, instead I received a call 3 hours later to say I got the job if I wanted it

Interview Questions

• No questions asked just "when can you start"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed, I put my requested salary on resume and I was offered $4.00 more than I requested

Care Manager Interview

Interview

the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was a quick and easy process. group interview with about 8 people. The interview was informal. We were pretty much told about the company and took a tour. We then had to come in for a job shadow with a care manager. After that they check your references and give you a drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you were given negative feedback and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

LVN Medication Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Yorba Linda, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for the part-time Assisted Living Care Giver position; had already done the group interview, then the job preview and was at the final interview with the Executive Director. At my final interview, the Executive Director offered to me the LVN Med Care Manager (PT) position since I am a licensed nurse, I accepted and was given the job preview that day! They hired me for both the A.L. Care Giver & the LVN Med Care Manager position. Overall, absolutely LOVE the staff and the interview/hiring process was consistent and a great experience. Everything from start to finish, I would say about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • What are you most comfortable with when handling the care of your residents? And what are you not comfortable with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated my potential to move up to a full-time position with both job titles

Care Giver Interview

Interview

I had a very horrible interview experience but I can't even call it that since it ended before it even began. I was told by phone that interviews were conducted once a week in a group. So I arrived at the scheduled day and time for this so-called group interview. When I arrived the front door entrance was jammed. I waited 5 minutes outside for someone to let me in. I had a bad feeling about how the rest of my time there would proceed, rightfully so. When I checked in with front reception, I sat down and waited patiently for 35 minutes passed by scheduled interview time. After waiting patiently for 35 minutes in the lobby, the director came and told me that the person supposed to interview me was not here and that she didn't know she was interviewing someone. She then proceeded and wanted to interview me in the lobby. In my head I'm like, really lady??? Is this professional??? So I politely asked her if their is an office we can go to and discuss the position in private. We then proceeded to an office. First thing she asked me is what hours I'm looking for. I said weekdays as I work on the weekend. She then says we don't have anything available on the weekdays and she can't help me out. I'm like the job ad didn't mention anything about what hours you were looking for, all it said was for a part-time position. Why don't they tell you this before so you don't waste your time and gas going there??? At that point I honestly didn't even want the job. I got a bad impression of how they treat their employees. Most likely they treat them like dirt. Overall I spent an hour traveling and my time wasted in preparing and waiting in the lobby for nothing. They have a horrible organization. I personally would not recommend any of my friends to work there. They probably pay like crap as well. Corporate will sure be hearing from me. I want my gas money!

Healthcare Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

The hiring process is lengthy and thorough, initially meeting other licensed professionals and facility directors. Regional leadership seem to have the most authority in placement of hired licensed staff.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on professional experience and development. There is a sales component to this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not challenging. Ensure that you know your worth and value and stick to your guns.

Life Enrichment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial communications-Applied online->Heard back 2 weeks later via email to schedule group interview->Returned for second individual interview 1 week later->Suppose to return 5 days later to shadow LEM and perform LEM activity (non-pain). Pay($13-$15 maximum) had not been discussed until after second interview but wasn't enough given location.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't very difficult. More of what would you do type.   Answer Question

Pay was not enough given location and relocation factors.