Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sunrise Senior Living
- Care Manager (28)
- Executive Director (12)
- Concierge (10)
- Care Giver (7)
- Activities Assistant (5)
- Reminiscence Care Manager (5)
- Reminiscence Coordinator (4)
- Health Care Coordinator (4)
- Wellness Nurse (4)
- Lead Care Manager (3)
- Life Enrichment Manager (3)
- Activity and Volunteer Coordinator (2)
- Associate Executive Director (2)
- Assisted Living Coordinator (2)
- CNA (2)
- Director of Community Relations (2)
- Director of Nursing (1)
- Director (1)
- Director of Sales (1)
- Open (1)
- Resident Care Coordinator (1)
- Sales Assistant (1)
- Intern (1)
- Server (1)
- Business Office Coordinator (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- LVN (1)
- Sales (1)
- PRN (1)
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
Filled out application online a couple days later received an email from one if the recruiters apparently they were having a job fair went in for the job fair on 08/06 it was so many people there then they called about 12 of us out for the interview the interview was conducted by the director of nurses and the coordinator they asked about 5 questions nothing hard really easy questions but they didn't ask the questions to each person you just had to speak out they also told us history about sunrise what we would be doing and how much we were going to make after the interview was over they told us if we're interested they would call us in a week a week later I got a phone call from them asking me to come in and shadow for 2 hours after that was over they ask me did I like it and told me to call the coordinator the following day called the coordinator set up another interview went in for the interview wasn't much of an interview just them asking me did I want the job after that they gave me the information to go take my tb test physical drug test and background check then they called me about 2 weeks later to come in for training
- No difficult question just things like why do you want to work here what experience do you have Answer Question
No negotiation offered 10$
Helpful (7)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
I applied online 07/18/2014. I received a call from the head of the department asking me to come in for a group interview on 07/31/2014. I went in for my interview, very chill and informal, and while everyone left, the manager asked me and one other person to stay behind. They told me they wanted to go further in the hiring process. I came in 08/03 for my preview. They just have you shadow someone for an hour or so and pretty much tell you what comes with the job, how much you get paid, etc. On 08/12 I went back to fill out paperwork for scans, background check, drug test, etc. I got all my stuff done the next day. Today they called me and offered me a position. It's an extensive process, but it's worth it.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Tustin, CA) in September 2014.
2 group interviews with RCC. 1 individual interview with the executive director. They asked you to explain your background working with seniors. They gave you scenarios that you may encounter with dementia residents and asked how you would handle it. They also made sure you know how to take vital signs, first aid, and cpr and how to assess for physical problems.
- How do you communicate with a patient that has dementia Answer Question
no, i was not able to negotiate. i attempted to negotiate a higher pay rate and they declined. i was also banned from discussing my hourly rate with coworkers because they start everybody with a different rate depending on your prior experience
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Edina, MN) in September 2014.
I filled out an application online, received a call for an interview with a group which I attended and was told if I made it would be offered a second interview or offered the job.
- I was asked questions for an Activity Manager position - the same as the questions were for a care associate position. It felt completely unprofessional and a waste of my time. Manager positions should have more specific questions 1 Answer
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA).
The executives will never be honest in reference to what one is facing when being interviewed for this position. They will not reveal the culture in the facility nor the attitude of the existing management. They will tell you they want change, but will not back you up after being hired.
- There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected. Answer Question
- No Offer
I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.
- The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
the interview is conducted in the form of a group interview with all the coordinators from the different departments and the HR person in the room. as soon as I left the interview I received a call offering me the job, then you go take your drug/alcohol test.
- All questions are simple and straight to the point Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
Hiring process 14 years ago was very odd, I was new to city and went to community with my resume ,I expected to be asked to come back for interview, be asked questions to get to know me and my skills that were not on resume, instead I received a call 3 hours later to say I got the job if I wanted it
- No questions asked just "when can you start" 1 Answer
No negotiation needed, I put my requested salary on resume and I was offered $4.00 more than I requested
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.
Interview was a quick and easy process. group interview with about 8 people. The interview was informal. We were pretty much told about the company and took a tour. We then had to come in for a job shadow with a care manager. After that they check your references and give you a drug and background check.
- describe a time when you were given negative feedback and how did you overcome it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.
Group interview, talked to a few managers. Talked mostly about the family culture of the company. Friendly environment, managers were very easy to talk to. Was called back for second interview with director two days later.
- How would you deal with a difficult co-worker? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review