Sunrise Senior Living Wellness Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.3

Wellness Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Hiring process 14 years ago was very odd, I was new to city and went to community with my resume ,I expected to be asked to come back for interview, be asked questions to get to know me and my skills that were not on resume, instead I received a call 3 hours later to say I got the job if I wanted it

Interview Questions

• No questions asked just "when can you start"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed, I put my requested salary on resume and I was offered $4.00 more than I requested

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Wellness Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was basic, and quick. They just want to get to know your experience and interest in the company. Once hired, the hard part is waiting to act will start working. From hired date to on the floor is about 2-4 weeks, which to me is long. But they take their time to make sure you are a great fit for the team.

Wellness Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Katy, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process at Sunrise is extensive. You will initially attend a "group interview". You will meet with several members of management as well as other candidates applying to the community. If selected from the group interview, you will then attend an individual interview with the manager who is interested in hiring you. After this, you will have a "job preview" where you follow someone doing the job that you are applying for. If all of this has gone well, they will run a background check and send you for a drug screen. If you pass, they will extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are behavioral based. The questions vary based on the managers holding the interview, so make sure to stay focused and pay attention throughout the interview!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I happily took the offer.

Wellness Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2009.

Interview

Had to chase this job down. (which I now regret!) they are very slow in their hiring process and you have to be persistent .The staffing doesn't affect the managers, so they are not in a hurray to hire lower staff. they just make them work harder. The HR is hired from a lower position such as a housekeeper so they are slow, unorganized and incompetent. they lose important papers and "forget" to send you for testing. they are not even knowledgeable about how to use basic office equipment let alone policies or procedures.

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline a staff person if they weren't following procedures?   1 Answer
    • what do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer
    • How can you teach sunday school if your working on the week-ends?!!!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing to negotiate . A part-time position you would think is two or three days...at sunrise they make all non-management staff work four hours/ five days a week plus every other weekend unless they're short then you have to work every week-end. management does not have to cover for short staffing. if you need a day off or are sick you have to find own coverage or too bad. Please think VERY CAREFULLY before working here!