Sunrun

Relevance Date Difficulty

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Channel Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sunrun in December 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter found my LinkedIn profile and contacted me. While I was not looking for a job at the time, I thought I'd talk to them to see what they had to offer.

The first interview was over the phone with the recruiter. This went well and I really liked the recruiter. I was invited to come into the office to interview with the Hiring Manager.

That's where it got weird. I was kept waiting for 20 minutes past the scheduled interview time. There was no where for me to sit except directly in front of their receptionist - facing the bank of elevators. When the hiring manager finally showed up, he walked me around the floor because he did not have a conference room reserved, nor did he have an office. After 10 minutes of this, he finally arranged with someone to take over a conference room. We sat down and he started looking around the room - that's when I realized he didn't have a pen. I loaned him mine.

His first question made it clear that he had not read my resume, nor talked to the recruiter about me. "How did you find SunRun?" When I told him that the had contacted me, he seemed floored. It went downhill from there. The terminology he used lead me to believe that he knew little about the reality of Marketing or Sales.

He also could not explain to me how the company actually makes money - nor could he tell me anything about the cash flow. What I did discover is that all the "managers" at the company are Stanford grads. Nothing wrong with that, but if all executives are from the same school, at the same time, it is hard to develop a diversity of opinions and skills.

I left there knowing that I did not want to work for this organization.

In their defense, they were kind enough to send me a polite rejection email. So many companies do not extend such courtesy.

Interview Question – What would you do during your first month on the job (kind of hard to answer when they didn't have any sort of a clear direction).   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sunrun? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrun Channel Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sunrun employees and interview candidates.