Sunrun

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sunrun.

Background in companies technical product and what was job duty. Allocate amount of part or full time and commute. An offer to market further sales, which was goal, Ability to accomplish task. Details of various tasks.

Interview Questions
    • If had know how of use of product and it's usefulness benefits and government subsidy to consumer to promote company   View Answer

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sunrun in February 2015.

Phone interview, was emailed in the days following my online application and an appointment for the call was set. The interviewer indicated a hiring manager would be contacting me but as of seven business days I've not heard back yet. This is not meant to be a negative, just that my status is still pending.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sunrun, general background on related employment history. Mostly a low pressure "get to know you" discussion.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Typical online application through a job board about 4 months before hearing anything. Held phone interview initially and then an in-person a week later w/ 2 hiring managers in the department. After my in-person I was told there would be a decision within the next week as they were only interviewing a few people. I never heard back on anything after my in-person interview, contacted the HR coordinator to ask if there was an update and was completely ignored. Advice: If candidates are taking 2 hours off from their current positions to come in for an in-person in which there are only a few candidates they absolutely deserve the 2 minutes it takes to write an email.

Interview Questions
    • none - all very typical HR questions printed off a website   Answer Question

Human Resources Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sunrun in December 2014.

Barely there. They emailed & called and set up not one, but two phone interviews time slots (each one week apart).... and left me hanging with a No Show. Emailed me apologizing saying can we do this in a month we are Very much interested in you, but we are swamped. A month later after I respectfully touch base I get a generic email saying they have selected a candidate! Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • None , they rudely never followed through with their so called phone interviews.   View Answer

Project Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sunrun.

Received a phone screen request 2 days after applying online. Friendly conversation with standard questions re: background and experience. Received in-person interview request later that same day. At that meeting, I spoke one-on-one in succession for ~2 hours with a few more people from the team. Again, free-flowing conversation with behavioral questions and the expected probing around my work history. Followed up with a courtesy email 2 days later, and HR called me directly to confirm they were still "very interested" and would be back in touch in about 2 days. Great momentum so far. Then a full week went by. Silence. I sent another email requesting an update. The next day I received the "thank you for your interest" form letter without any explanation. Further messages were ignored.

Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sunrun.

The interview was over the phone. Fairly standard phone interview.
    Most of the questions were straightforward, i.e., What I knew about the company, what skills do I have will fulfill the requirements for this position. I was asked if I was willing to work weekends, overtime, etc.
    Woman that spoke to me was from the San Francisco corporate office.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunrun in September 2014.

Process took a month. Applied online, first interview was with a recruiter. Then met with the Manager and had a Skype interview with a second Manager. All questions regarding my background which correlated to the job I was applying for. It was easy enough since I had experience in this industry.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They provided other benefits that were appealing enough.

Interveiw Only Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sunrun in September 2014.

4 hours. Process was very long, people were very accommodating and professional. Nice location, very professional, people were friendly. 3 floors in downtown SF..lots of kudos for the employees. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to work for someone with less experience than you?   Answer Question

Solar Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sunrun.

The interview/ Hiring process was very straight forward with a detailed background check, reference check, and income verification that took a total of 30+ days with a total of 2 interviews with the last interview had you pitching solar to the VP of sales. The 1st interview began with my recruiter then on to the Sales Manager, once all the paperwork was checked and verified they brought me back to speak to the VP of sales ( Very intense man ) and had me pitch him Solar, you must close him or from what I hear you will be passed on so remember guys and gals "ABC".

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult was the waiting, because they are a very through, ethical, and hire very carefully it well over a month from my first conversation to my offer letter being sent to my email. Due to the solar industry being in its infancy, and very small, a RAINMAKER is a valued commodity and companies will go to great lengths to keep them in the company. Now with that said companies will go to great lengths to make it known they are not poaching. If you are coming from a Channel partner or a past partner be sure to have a letter from that past employer that it is ok for you to look for other opportunities, which if you are good you will never get. In my case since my past employer was livid that I wanted to leave would not give me a letter so my offer letter stated that I was in no way approached by SunRun, and that I made the first contact.   View Answer
    If you get an offer letter form sunrun congratulations because they get thousands of apps a month. If they covent you that much then they are prepared to pay 10-15% higher that their first offer, so if they offer you 40k ask for 45k, if they offer 1000 shares ask for 1500, the comp plan is non negotiable.

Field Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunrun in August 2014.

Submitted resume through their website and received an email to set up interview from recruiter about 2 weeks later. The recruiter scheduled the phone interview around my schedule. During the interview she laid out job expectation and general requirements.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was focused on past experience selling from my resume. She asked why I was interested in Sunrun. The emphasis was on sales ability and not solar.   Answer Question