Sunshine House Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.3

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunshine House (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The process was long and drawn out. FOUR interviews, no offer. The process was unorthodox in a bad way almost from the beginning. The interviewer contacted me and over the phone she very excitedly told me how I had come highly recommended by current employees (all managers), and she sounded as if she felt I was perfect before meeting me. She did a brief phone screen and invited me for a face-to-face. But when I went in for the in person interview, she started off first thing by telling me about the absolutely wonderful candidate she had interviewed earlier that day, and about another very strong candidate she had. It seemed as if before she met me face-to-face I had the job based upon the resume/background/current management recommendations/phone screen to "oh, wait I made up my mind about someone else just before you got here sop you've wasted your time." During the 15 minute interview--yes 15 minutes for a manager interview--she did most of the talking and asked only 3 questions. Then she gave me the "do you have any questions for me?" thing, signifying she was through. Then she told me I'd hear whether I got the job or not within 3 days. Seven days later I got an email to interview with a center staff person. I found it odd that I'd be interviewing with a potential employee, and it sounded as if it would be my potential employee's decision on who got the job, but I went along with it. After being spoken to by the staff person, I was invited to come back. After four interviews and 30 days (and my references never contacted) I was finally sent an email that I didn't get the job. Apparently the other two great candidates fell through as well because they started advertising for the position all over again right away. After 3 months they have still not filled the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3 questions: why are you leaving your current job, how soon can you start, and tell me about your boss. I rated the interview very difficult because of the strange and lack of appropriate questions, the fact that in the third and fourth interviews I wasn't asked any questions at all (the other person just talked), and that the process took so long with no offer. Who interviews four times and doesn't receive an offer nor feedback on why you weren't a good fit?   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sunshine House.

Interview

You have to interview with the director and pass background checks and go through orientation. Basic stuff.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunshine House (Concord, NC).

Interview

Process took one week to call went in for interview had the first one then a second interview for them to observe me in a classroom setting.

Interview Questions

• Ask me to me to sing favorite nursery ryhme wont really unexpected because now thats part of the hiring process so just be prepared   1 Answer

Assistant Pre-K Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sunshine House.

Interview

The manager really did not ask me that many questions.

Interview Questions

• The manager did not really ask me any questions. I basicly lead the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

After School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunshine House (Marietta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Brief and concise. Asked not too many questions. How many years at school, working with children?, several situational and behavioral questions as well. The interview took about an hour, then the online assessment took 30 minutes.

Lead Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sunshine House.

Interview

One interview with the director and assistant director. It was pretty typical for a daycare interview. I was given a quick tour of the daycare and that was it. There were intense drug and medical tests including a blood test before hiring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would suggest trying to negotiated but my co-workers and I weren't able to negotiate our salary. There was also a wage freeze for about 5 years- with no raises. Decent benefits but limited choice in physicians.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sunshine House (Norcross, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Application, interview, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind working your way up to a Pre-K position?   1 Answer