Sunwing Airlines Interview Questions

2.3

Seasonal Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

I saw a job posting online and e-mailed my cover letter and resume. About three weeks later I received an invitation for an interview. I arrived at the hotel (Holiday Inn - Dixon Rd.) for my 1:15 pm interview at 12:45 pm. There was a line of people waiting to approach a long table of Flight Attendants in uniform. I joined the line and had a nice chat with the people standing behind me who were all also invited for 1:15 pm. When I got to the table I was asked for my papers (Interview invitation, 2 photocopies of Valid passport, list of 3 Business references, and resume). The male FA I spoke to took everything away but the invitation. I was then asked to fill out a form. After which I was given a 'plane ticket' which he wrote my first name on and was instructed to take a seat in the conference room as there would be a short presentation on the airline first before interviews began. About 50 people sat in the room and chatted a little before an FA approached the front of the room and the presentation began. We were told that in Toronto over 3000 people applied, and approx. 1100 were invited for interviews, and of this number only 200 people would be accepted. We would have to wait for 2 weeks before being contacted (we would ALL be contacted no matter what).

After this we were all instructed to enter another larger room and to take a seat inside. There was already a previous group sitting inside, waiting. Once inside, each person's name was called and we were introduced to two FAs and were taken to another even larger room. Inside this third room were many tables and chairs set up interview style. At each table sat FA's. At my table I had the two FA's I met. One would ask all the questions and the other wrote down all my answers. I was asked about 15 questions (3 sheets of paper) eg. "Tell us about a time you experienced bad customer service? Tell us about how you dealt with conflict with a co-worker?" It seemed never ending, but my interviewers were very friendly and it was like having a nice chat with fast friends. By the end we were all laughing together. After this I was taken back to the 'waiting' room and told to take a seat again. This time there seemed to only be about 20 people waiting. I started yet another chat with the candidates around me (lovely people!) and discovered that what we were waiting for was a second interview. A few people were eliminated from that first round. Again our names were called. A little while into waiting, another big group entered the room. My name was called again and this time I met one person (I later found out that she was likely a HR rep. and not a FA).

I was taken back into the 'interview room' and sat at another table with her. She said that this time she would be taking her own notes so be patient with her. Then she began to ask her questions (2 sheets of paper). They were much the same questions and mostly about my previous experience eg. "Tell me about a time that you were disappointed with your performance? Tell me about a time your productivity level was low and how you dealt with it?" Again, it was a long process. By this time I was very tired and admit that there was a question that I completely blanked out on, but otherwise I tried to make it into a nice chat and by the end we were once again smiling. When we rose to leave she was very warm and friendly and seemed genuinely happy to meet me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with your boss and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sunwing Airlines.

Interview

Before arriving for my first interview, I received an e-mail invite to a hotel where they were being conducted. A few days before, and little note came through saying they were excited to meet me. I arrived, the facilitator was great and the lady who interviewed me was very personable. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Interview Questions

• When was a time I was disappointed with myself within the workplace, or something along those lines.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sunwing Airlines in May 2014.

Interview

You get one phone interview followed by 1:1 interview. The interview was easy, they ask about traveling, why would you like to work here and they ask you to pitch them a place that you went to before until they are convinced. You are asked to show proof of being certified by TICO, if your not, you have to complete it in the first month of hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why should I go to this place(ex. New York)? Sell it to me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation

Reservation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sunwing Airlines.

Interview

1 interview- took ten min
    Just say love traveling and can work any time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

U make 11.26/hr plus commission so during busy season u will make about 16/hr
    During interview they tell you more don't believe them, and slow season
    Your basically making your $11.26 which is April to September

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sunwing Airlines (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Only 1 person interviewed me. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were difficult. Overall, the interview process was positive.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sunwing Airlines in September 2011.

Interview

2 on 1 interview, in 2 steps. a lot of questions; tell me more about yourself, the company, why sunwings, what are you strenghts/weaknesses, what makes a good fa, why should we hire you, what would you like in a employer, how would you deal with a mad passanger, etc…
    people are very friendly, but the organisation skills are a lit lacking in the head office, they forgot about me, some forms to sign etc…

Interview Questions

• how would you deal about missing christmas with your family   Answer Question