Super 8 Motel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Super 8 Motel (Stillwater, MN).

Interview

It went really great got hired 2 days after, I was a guest staying at the hotel. The managers are really great, and very nice. Nice people to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Super 8 Motel.

Interview

I was interviewed by both my supervisor (a nearby hotel manager who works for the same owner) and the area supervisor. The interview was very simple, lasted only 15 minutes, and I was offered the job 15 minutes after the interview. The interview was scheduled about two days after I sent my resume.

Interview Questions

• None. They mostly talked about the position, and asked very few questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $40,000 and I accepted.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Super 8 Motel (Roseburg, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview; the manager asked me a few average questions, but I got the impression that they didn't really care, they just needed a person to fill the job. Near the end of the interview, she basically told me that the most important thing to her was knowing that I'd actually show up and show up on time.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Super 8 Motel (Las Vegas, NM) in February 2013.

Interview

False. Almost a scam. Not mentioned was it that at this one motel, the Front Desk Clerk washes, dries, and folds the Hotel Laundry.

Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor/IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Super 8 Motel (Kalamazoo, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

I was hired on the spot by the owner of this franchise.

Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor/IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Super 8 Motel (Bellingham, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I came in and sat down with a front desk manager who asked me fairly typical interview questions. "Why do you want to work here?", "How does your past experience relate to customer service?" etc. She seemed focused on finding out if I was a good fit for the job, taking my personal life into account, which makes sense, as not everyone is cut out for doing graveyard shifts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want *this* job?   1 Answer
    • How will you balance your family and home life with working a night shift?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The just hired me.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dawson Creek, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Super 8 Motel (Dawson Creek, BC (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

came in to the office for a casual and conversational interview with the General Manager. Relaxed atmosphere. Was asked to walk through my resume. It was more of a process of getting to know each other.

Front Desk/Housekeeping Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Super 8 Motel in January 2011.

Interview

The boss took me in one of the rooms and asked me a few questions and then I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none needed

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Super 8 Motel in June 2010.

Interview

I applied in person and the next day I was contacted for an interview. The interview was long and the manager asked a lot of questions. Part way through the interview he left to go show one of the cleaning ladies how to clean one of the rooms, then he came back to finish the interview. I thought I was going to get the job, because at the end of the interview he told me he thought I was a great candidate and that he'd call me back in the week to set up a time for training. He never called me back, and when I called him back he told me he didn't remember interviewing me and that I must have the wrong number.

Front Desk Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Super 8 Motel in May 2010.

Interview

I came in with the application in hand, handed it to the manager and he asked me like two questions and then asked if I could start at 3pm that day. I said yes and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.