Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

www.supermicro.com

Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.9

Sales Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in December 2014.

Got called from my current supervisor 2 days after I submitted the resume. Went in for interview at the very next time. Questions were very general since the position is entry level. I did not really have any hard time answering most of them which I was very surprised since I am terrible when it comes to interview. Everything was pretty smooth, except it was somehow intimidating when I talked to one of the big bosses at the end.

Interview Questions
    • This is probably a normal interview question but I really hate it "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question
    It was very smooth. The team leader gave me the price I had in mind without any negotiation and I was overall happy!

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

Have 2 onsite interviews. One with product manager, asked a serial of technical questions. One with vice president, asked little technical questions and some about my personality. The whole process was fast

Interview Questions
    They offer me the amount what I said during the interview.

Sales Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

Applied online, and was contacted by the HR dept for an interview the following week. Arrived at the interview approximately 15 minutes prior and the interviewer was still 20 minutes late. The entire interview was about my experience, but none of the questions were about me. Maybe one, and the rest were basic interview questions. The interviewer was a complete jerk. He made me felt my presence was a waste of his time. He had the audacity to say to me, "It took you that long to finish school?" Really? I asked him a few questions. And one of the question was, " What other avenues of contact do the customers have beside email and customer service? This jerk said, " What does this question pertain to the position you are applying for?" Huh? I could not believe what i had just heard. I believe it was a legitimate question due to the fact that as a potential employee, we need to know alternative contacts for customers just in case. I guess the interview hadn't heard of customer service, or what customer service is about. Complete jerk, and waste of my time as the entire interview lasted no more than 15 minutes. Horrible experience, and i would never recommend anyone to work here.

Interview Questions
    • It took you this long to finish school?
      Your questions are irrelevant to the position you are applying fo.
      r

View Answer

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

Just chat about my experience on my resume. people are very nice, some of the linux system admin questions. No other technical questions, everybody will talk over my resume again and again

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in August 2014.

was flown in for an interview with the team here. was interviewed by five people consecutively, taking the whole day. Interview was with VP then finally CEO charles, who gave final go or no-go.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

First got a call from one of the testing department managers then set up a person to person interview next week to Super Micro fremont office. At first, the first manager briefly described the company and the job, then the manager started asking some questions regarding of my resume and me. There were not many technical questions but does have one or two. Ended up being interviewed by 5 managers following the same style as the first manager. but one of the manager has really bad temper tho...

Interview Questions
    • Can you work overtime? about 11 to 12 hours a day. Can you work on Saturday? because it is really busy. Can you work on second shift? starting from the afternoon to mid night.   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

There are two on-site interviews and have been talking to four interviewers. The whole interview process is arranged by an engineer, not HR. The interviewers did not ask detail technical questions since they do not have similar technical backgrounds. Spend about 10 to 20 minutes to talk to each interviewer.

Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

The most horrible experience i have ever had. Do not recommend this company. Stay away from them. They don't deserve your time and effort. Such a bad experience. The interview process was not organized. The leader is not professional. just STAY AWAY.

Interview Questions
    • Ask you what do you learn from school and is it worth it to spend so much money to get the extension classes!   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

An internal contact set me up for the interview. The first interview was fairly low key around technical content and personal interaction. It was somewhat challenging to sustain the conversation, English is obviously not their first language. But I managed to get the points through.

Second interview with higher level management went south right off the bat. Lots and lots technical details to the point of trivial, like the pin layout on Intel Ivy CPU. To make it worse, more personal questions on family status, parents kids wife and more. WTF? I am very familiar with this level of scrutiny when I applied for government clearance sitting in front of FBI agents , not at a commercial company.

Interview was concluded by a casual remark, "we work really hard here. do you"?

Interview Questions
    • Inappropriate personal questions. They really expected you to answer them fully. I should make money by filing a EEOC complaint.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

One phone call, one onsite. Then offer.