Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

First got a call from one of the testing department managers then set up a person to person interview next week to Super Micro fremont office. At first, the first manager briefly described the company and the job, then the manager started asking some questions regarding of my resume and me. There were not many technical questions but does have one or two. Ended up being interviewed by 5 managers following the same style as the first manager. but one of the manager has really bad temper tho...

Interview Questions
    • Can you work overtime? about 11 to 12 hours a day. Can you work on Saturday? because it is really busy. Can you work on second shift? starting from the afternoon to mid night.   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

There are two on-site interviews and have been talking to four interviewers. The whole interview process is arranged by an engineer, not HR. The interviewers did not ask detail technical questions since they do not have similar technical backgrounds. Spend about 10 to 20 minutes to talk to each interviewer.

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

The most horrible experience i have ever had. Do not recommend this company. Stay away from them. They don't deserve your time and effort. Such a bad experience. The interview process was not organized. The leader is not professional. just STAY AWAY.

Interview Questions
    • Ask you what do you learn from school and is it worth it to spend so much money to get the extension classes!   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

An internal contact set me up for the interview. The first interview was fairly low key around technical content and personal interaction. It was somewhat challenging to sustain the conversation, English is obviously not their first language. But I managed to get the points through.

Second interview with higher level management went south right off the bat. Lots and lots technical details to the point of trivial, like the pin layout on Intel Ivy CPU. To make it worse, more personal questions on family status, parents kids wife and more. WTF? I am very familiar with this level of scrutiny when I applied for government clearance sitting in front of FBI agents , not at a commercial company.

Interview was concluded by a casual remark, "we work really hard here. do you"?

Interview Questions
    • Inappropriate personal questions. They really expected you to answer them fully. I should make money by filing a EEOC complaint.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

One phone call, one onsite. Then offer.

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

Quick phone call to ask me to come in for an interview the next day. Spoke for 1.5 hours with the hiring manager alone. Interview went well, at least I thought. At the end, the hiring manager even said, "okay, prepare to work hard!" A week goes by and no word whatsoever, even after I emailed and called multiple times. Thanks for wasting my time.

Interview Questions
    • What does "LT" stand for?
      Can you speak Mandarin?
        View Answer

Senior Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in January 2014.

The interviews began very pleasantly with a familiar face of an ex-coworker. We discussed Supermicro's market, growth opportunities and challenges. And I covered which channel segment and markets I am most familiar with. I asked which market segments Supermicro felt they wanted more of.

The second interview was with a lady in senior sales management and things went down hill fast there. She seemed tired and bothered to be there. And she didn't care to discuss target markets or channels. All she wanted was to know was which specific major enterprise accounts I would give SuperMicro immediately. She said if I was interested in the job I would need to submit her a business plan 1st. So basically her agenda was I'd like your management and business development plan free and 1st. But I'm going to ignore it anyway because all I really want is new accounts fast.

I left the interview with a strong sense of why I did not wish to work with or anywhere near that lady or the culture that seems to have shaped her interview and business style.

Interview Questions
    • Which two major enterprise accounts are you going to bring in as new customers in the 1st 90 days if you worked here ?   View Answer

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in January 2011.

Received email for onsite interview, came in, met with manager & two team members, was asked to come back in on a Saturday for second interview. Met with manager and the sales VP. Basically told they will hired me if can start within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The VP asked what my father did for a living and how much money he made, which is, totally inappropriate. He also asked my age and if I was married, also made comment about it's good to be single and focus on career.   View Answer
    Manager was dismissive about topic, basically not any negotiation.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in September 2013.

The interview process was roughly 3 hours long. There are 5-7 different interviewers back-to-back within one session. Some interviewers asked questions that were based on your personality and experience while others asked more technical questions regarding hardware and servers.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between all of the Intel CPU architectures? The answer had to be provided in detail with specifications included.   View Answer

Sales Administrator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in September 2013.

Had an interview appointment with the sales team director when she was having a meeting by that time so she asked a sales assistant to "ask me a few question" first. It was pretty basic and easy, and I know she has nothing to deal with my actual interview. It was more like to keep me waiting. Then another guy came in who happened to be one of the sales person of the sales team (I was a little shock at first because I am expecting the director to be a lady because it is a female name), and he again, asked me the same set of questions bla bla bla. I can tell he's not use to interviewing people by the way he respond. After around 45mins the director finally came, I am getting tired but still have to go through the same questions the 3rd time but this time more challenging counter question. She was like "that's not what I want to know, give it another try". Overall she is making me very uncomfortable and the worst job interview ever!

Interview Questions

Worked for Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)? Contribute to the Community!