Supercuts Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2014

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Supercuts in April 2014.

Manager took me back to her office and asked me about myself and ask me a few questions. She then gave me a tour of the facility. A very laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a customer complaint and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Supercuts in February 2014.

There was not much of a process. I went in talked to the manager, she told me they were hiring. I didn't get a history on the company. Most of the stylist didn't have anything good to say about the company and after working there a short time I don't either.

Hairdresser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Supercuts.

when you get a call back from applying online there is a basic interview. with most managers, you will pass as long as no major red flags stick out. then you bring models in for the technical. a basic mens cuts and a basic womens cuts. then you go to their academy for a week, which is reall a double check on newbies that you know the basics of haircutting. then you start!

Interview Questions
    • they really dont ask to many crazy questions. they know by looking at you if they are gonna hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Supercuts in July 2013.

Manager seemed nice and friendly, very laid back interviews. first interview i just filled out basic paperwork and talked to the manager to get a feel. second interview i brought in a friend for a haircut and blowdry. second interview went nicely aside from the fact she was doing a client while i was doing my model.

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Supercuts.

They basically just want to know your strengths and weaknesses, and prior haircut experience. If they like you, they will schedule a technical interview so have one male and one female model ready.

Interview Questions
    • How long does it take you to complete a haircut   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Supercuts.

I already had a friend working at the Supercuts. We meet when we were in beauty school together. We both were on the Supercuts scholarship. They pay for your school tuition (not the extras) and you work for them for two years. Once I got my cosmetology licence I called the manager and asked if they were hiring. I came in the next week for an interview. They asked if I had my license and all my tools. Asked if I lived around there and if I could get to work on time. At the end the manager asked about availability and when I could start. They sent me to the training academy for a week.

no neogotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Supercuts in May 2013.

It was a group interview with about four or five other girls. They asked simple questions like

Tell me about yourself?
    Where did you go to school?
    Who has done hair prior to this?
    Are you guys willing to do more than just hair (cleaning etc)
    What would you do if someone came in with hair past their butt and wanted a bob, how would you go about it?

That was pretty much it. No audition or anything.
    They called a day later and offered the job.
    Once you get hired you go through a week of hairstylist academy to be properly trained on the "Supercuts Way". After that you get started in your salon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Supercuts in May 2013.

i actually enjoyed the interview very nice lady and very honest but i did inform her i had other plans while working and i was told i would have full backing which as turns out was invalid information. alot of information was withheld during the interview.

Interview Questions
    i would say not to work at supercuts if it is about the money like if you see yourself making a certain amount. if its for learning purposes its a great place to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Supercuts in January 2013.

I applied online to multiple stores- the application was a bit long plus you have to take a questionnaire. Got a call from one of the salons within a couple days and setup an interview. The interview with the salon manager was short and sweet. no questions that you just wouldn't expect.

Qs:
    1. Why do you want to work at SuperCuts?
    2. What would you do if you weren't able to understand what a client is wanting as an end result?
    3. How would you handle a wiggly/rowdy child who is getting their hair cut?
    4. Are you willing to recommend and sell retail products?
    5. what is your biggest weakness?

after the inital interview, the manager immediately scheduled me for a second interview where I was shown how to do a specific haircut in a specific way and then had to mimic it. This part made me super nervous, but they are just seeing if you are willing to learn things their way. Once the demo was over, the manager offered me the job and we got paperwork done and details ironed out.

Interview Questions
    no negotiating pay, since this is a corporation and they keep things like that on a tight leash. but they did work with my difficult schedule, which I really appreciate!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Supercuts in April 2012.

Submitted application online, didn't get a response. So I went in store to fill out an application. Talked to the shift manger and store manger on the spot. Manager said to call back in a few weeks to see if there was an open position. So I kept checking in with her and I got a one on one interview. And a practical interview.

No negotiation