Supercuts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.9

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Supercuts (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I went into the store to apply and got a call back. You have to go through a week long 9-5 class that teaches you the "Supercuts" way of cutting hair. You must attend every class no matter how much experience you have and they teach you the fundamentals of their way of cutting hair. The classes are all day so its kind of inconvenient, but if you pass the class, then you are pretty much already hired. The only thing left is that you find out which store you'll start working at. You can expect to work at several different locations, which isn't too bad since there are so many of them around in one area. It also helps you to get to know everyone at each store, which is a good thing. It's a tight network between all of the managers and the area manager, some extremely nice and some not so much. Another thing that is good about this place, is that they provide you with all the supplies that you need to do your job, except for your shears of course.

Interview Questions

• How do you give a customer the exact hairstyle they are looking for?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Supercuts (Locust Grove, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

With the first interview I had I felt like I was talking to an old friend. Very easy going and it took all my nervousness away. The second interview was almost the same. The interviewer took her time to tell me about the company and to answer all of my questions and to add that I could call her anytime with any more questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• When I would like to start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Supercuts (Salem, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Manager took me back to her office and asked me about myself and ask me a few questions. She then gave me a tour of the facility. A very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a customer complaint and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Supercuts (Nashville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

There was not much of a process. I went in talked to the manager, she told me they were hiring. I didn't get a history on the company. Most of the stylist didn't have anything good to say about the company and after working there a short time I don't either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Supercuts (Harrisville, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Usual workplace interview. They ask you about strengths and weaknesses, how you work with people, ect. You also have to bring in a model to perform a service on. It's pretty causual.

Hairdresser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Supercuts.

Interview

when you get a call back from applying online there is a basic interview. with most managers, you will pass as long as no major red flags stick out. then you bring models in for the technical. a basic mens cuts and a basic womens cuts. then you go to their academy for a week, which is reall a double check on newbies that you know the basics of haircutting. then you start!

Interview Questions

• they really dont ask to many crazy questions. they know by looking at you if they are gonna hire you.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeway, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Supercuts (Lakeway, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Normal questions about what time and days you can work. Do you need health insurance? How long have you been in the hairdressing business? Can you work nights and weekends?

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for   1 Answer

Supercuts Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Supercuts (Newbury Park, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Manager seemed nice and friendly, very laid back interviews. first interview i just filled out basic paperwork and talked to the manager to get a feel. second interview i brought in a friend for a haircut and blowdry. second interview went nicely aside from the fact she was doing a client while i was doing my model.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Supercuts.

Interview

They basically just want to know your strengths and weaknesses, and prior haircut experience. If they like you, they will schedule a technical interview so have one male and one female model ready.

Interview Questions

• How long does it take you to complete a haircut   1 Answer

Supercuts Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Supercuts (South Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I already had a friend working at the Supercuts. We meet when we were in beauty school together. We both were on the Supercuts scholarship. They pay for your school tuition (not the extras) and you work for them for two years. Once I got my cosmetology licence I called the manager and asked if they were hiring. I came in the next week for an interview. They asked if I had my license and all my tools. Asked if I lived around there and if I could get to work on time. At the end the manager asked about availability and when I could start. They sent me to the training academy for a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no neogotiation