Supercuts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Supercuts (Porterville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview consisted of questions then to the haircut on my model. Second one the next week was another interview and haircut at the same time. It took about 4 weeks to get an answer out of them. Until they said "We went into a different direction and went with someone more qualified."

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a client?   1 Answer

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Supercuts (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I went into the store to apply and got a call back. You have to go through a week long 9-5 class that teaches you the "Supercuts" way of cutting hair. You must attend every class no matter how much experience you have and they teach you the fundamentals of their way of cutting hair. The classes are all day so its kind of inconvenient, but if you pass the class, then you are pretty much already hired. The only thing left is that you find out which store you'll start working at. You can expect to work at several different locations, which isn't too bad since there are so many of them around in one area. It also helps you to get to know everyone at each store, which is a good thing. It's a tight network between all of the managers and the area manager, some extremely nice and some not so much. Another thing that is good about this place, is that they provide you with all the supplies that you need to do your job, except for your shears of course.

Interview Questions

• How do you give a customer the exact hairstyle they are looking for?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Locust Grove, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

With the first interview I had I felt like I was talking to an old friend. Very easy going and it took all my nervousness away. The second interview was almost the same. The interviewer took her time to tell me about the company and to answer all of my questions and to add that I could call her anytime with any more questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• When I would like to start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Phila, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview to get some basic information and find out the availability for locations and times available and to make sure you're licensed. Then there is an interview with a manager to show your skills and techniques and personality and to assess your customer service skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Salem, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Manager took me back to her office and asked me about myself and ask me a few questions. She then gave me a tour of the facility. A very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a customer complaint and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Supercuts (Nashville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

There was not much of a process. I went in talked to the manager, she told me they were hiring. I didn't get a history on the company. Most of the stylist didn't have anything good to say about the company and after working there a short time I don't either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Supercuts (Harrisville, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Usual workplace interview. They ask you about strengths and weaknesses, how you work with people, ect. You also have to bring in a model to perform a service on. It's pretty causual.

Hairdresser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Supercuts.

Interview

when you get a call back from applying online there is a basic interview. with most managers, you will pass as long as no major red flags stick out. then you bring models in for the technical. a basic mens cuts and a basic womens cuts. then you go to their academy for a week, which is reall a double check on newbies that you know the basics of haircutting. then you start!

Interview Questions

• they really dont ask to many crazy questions. they know by looking at you if they are gonna hire you.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeway, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Supercuts (Lakeway, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Normal questions about what time and days you can work. Do you need health insurance? How long have you been in the hairdressing business? Can you work nights and weekends?

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for   1 Answer

Supercuts Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Supercuts (Newbury Park, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Manager seemed nice and friendly, very laid back interviews. first interview i just filled out basic paperwork and talked to the manager to get a feel. second interview i brought in a friend for a haircut and blowdry. second interview went nicely aside from the fact she was doing a client while i was doing my model.