Superior Ambulance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Superior Ambulance

EMT - Basic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Superior Ambulance.

Interview

After completion of the EMT-B certification course, I started looking for jobs with the companies that provided ride along times to the students. There were several companies that were associated with the program to research and contact. I initially found a job listing online after searching through various internet search engines and websites of the companies. I applied to several of the listings online and received a phone call for an interviews. This company was one of the first to respond. After researching the company, I accepted the invitation to schedule an interview in person at the headquarters. The interview consisted of taking a competency test and meeting with someone from HR for a short interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? What do you know about this company? What skills and qualifications do you have that will make you successful? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

When you first get there you will have to take a entrance exam that is 50 questions and you must get at least an 80% to pass. If you pass that you will then be interviewed basic questions. I was hired same day and sent to get uniforms. Interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been recognized at your past or current jobs?   Answer Question
    • What is greatest contributions to your past jobs?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with your boss and or policy at work?   Answer Question
    • What can you offer if given the position that someone else can't?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Same starting pay for everyone at 11 hr

Buyer Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

This company offers no sick days to their employees, no health savings account and this is a company dealing with healthcare. I guess they expect you to come in sick and infect others. HR is very rude. The position was changed from Purchasing Manager to buyer purchasing agent so they can expect more and pay less.

Interview Questions

• We expect you to set up a computer system to track inventory, how would you do that and at what cost.   1 Answer

No sick days and no health spending account.

EMT-B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Superior Ambulance.

Interview

I found the process to be very professional. The person I had spoken to was very well spoken and I was easily able to speak to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Comment

Billing Interview

Interview

Interview was a bit confusing as the job description seemed to change. After 4 interviews, was told that they had to get approval from accounting.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

The process was easy (online) and the recruiter was good.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer they gave me. And then they called me back and said I was getting a huge raise! Awesome!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL).

Interview

I called and emailed their office. They called me in for an interview and a written test. They were all very nice and I was well over qualified for the job given that this was a transport job and I had been working 911 in one of the largest cities in the country but had relocated because my fiance had gotten accepted into graduate school in Chicago. They were very friendly but completely unwilling to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not at all

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL).

Interview

Basic interview questions. Focus on customer service and patient care. Was an easy interview.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

You have to pass a simple EMT-B basis knowledge test to qualify. They will take anyone since people are always quitting. Interview questions: "Why do you want to work here?" , "Describe a time when you faced adversity and overcame it?" , "What do expect from an employer?" , "What should be excepted from an employee?" Basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They're all very basic and expected. Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Everyone starts at the same pay, which you stay at forever. Raises are promised, but when you are given a raise, your bonus is taken away and you're now making less money. Thanks for the "raise."

IMC Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Not to complicated, just looking for some people who want to work, that's about it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, $8.25hr that's it!