Superior Energy

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Service Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Superior Energy in May 2013.

Interview Details – This was handled by a highly competent outside firm named Novotus that's located in Austin TX. I can't say enough about how well that company works as a recruiting firm. I had to use them while employed to hire employees and they really did an excellent professional job. HR for HB Rentals is a whole different ball of wax. Some were good, a certain woman comes to mind, and others were completely unprofessional when dealing with the workers (i.e. high handed, hoi paloi sty behavior).

Interview Question – Tell me about any experience you have in electrical or plumbing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What compensation were you looking for? (TheM)

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Superior Energy.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview with standard interview questions.

First round with 4 people individually, each of the interviewer took no more than an hour.

Second round with the same people together, it feels very much like the first round of interview.

The people are very polite and friendly. I feel they are looking for people who are willing to learn and invest themselves in the company.

Interview Question – There are some simple case study questions.   Answer Question

Field Service Tech Interview

Williston, ND

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Superior Energy in January 2014.

Interview Details – easy interview They desperate for FST in North Dakota

Interview Question – Why do I want to leave my current employer (Halliburton)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay is OK maybe just above average: Benefits are terrible. factor in withholding for benefits and hourly wages are reduced by over $3.00 /hour. Lower than Halliburton wages/benefits. One can get Obama care for less cost than Superior offers. But can't get Obama-care because superior offers health insurance

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed at Superior Energy

Interview Details – Very satisfied with online access

Interview Question – none really, all questions were fair   View Answer

Artificial Lift Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Superior Energy in October 2012.

Interview Details – great experience overall, Recruiter was awesome, she was extremely helpful!!! in the interview the two managers were awesome, very laid back guys but got to the point as far as business and what they expect from me as an employee.

Interview Question – they asked if im sure i want to take this job, due to my background having a higher pay scale ...it was a hard question, we all want to make more money and this job does pay alot less than my last one but the future is better, its always something to keep in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was great the recruiter was amazing to work with.

Anonymous Interview

Broussard, LA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Superior Energy in September 2011.

Interview Details – After I applied for the position I was contacted by the company to conduct a phone interview with the recruiter. Another phone interview was scheduled after to interview with a panel of personnel. I received another interview in person after the initial 2 phone interviews. This interview consisted of the panel of personnel from the phone interview.

The advice I would give to other interview candidates is take what you hear in the interview with a grain of salt. The interview personnel will imply and give the perception that they are offering you the job and discuss things with you that are only discussed after you have been offered the job. You will be told that you will be contacted by the recruiter, but you will never receive a call or email.

Interview Question – Are you able to take direction from multiple people?   Answer Question

Rotational Service Technician Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Superior Energy in January 2012.

Interview Details – I put in for a job on a Friday and received a call on the next Monday afternoon wanting to schedule a phone interview the next day. When the person called the next day she informed me that The "hiring manager" had already made a decision but that I was an "Ideal Candidate" for their company and she wanted to interview me for any possible future openings they may have.

Interview Questions

Accountant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Superior Energy in September 2009.

Interview Details – submit resume; panel interview

Interview Question – what have you done to overcome adversity?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Superior Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Superior Energy interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Superior Energy employees and interview candidates.