Supermedia Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.8

Media Consultant Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Supermedia (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Was given an appointment time to come in to interview however, interviewer was not prepared for my arrival. She was unorganized, did not have a room for me to conduct the interview in, and was interrupted several times by colleagues. At one point she left me alone in the room to attend to another applicant so long I considered leaving. When she returned she gave me a script to use for a mock customer service call. Giving me this information prior to her lengthy departure would have made use of my wait time. I don't know if she was on medication or just a space case but I left feeling I had wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What in your experience is the best way to handle an angry customer who is demanding to speak with a manager?   1 Answer

Aug 13, 2014Reputation Management Coordinator

Hi, I can't apologize enough for the issues that you've outlined regarding your interviewer and your overall experience. Your experience was definitely not indicative of our staff and leaves a lot to ... More

Outside Sales Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Supermedia (Chantilly, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency that offered me to interview for this position. She asked some questions about my previous work experience and then sent my resume to Supermedia. They scheduled a face to face interview. I met with two district managers and they asked me behavioral questions, like "what did you do when you had to go out there and search for new business?" and some more about my experience. The they asked me to take 20 mins to prepare an imaginary meeting with a customer and sell them one of their product. It's kinda hard to do as their products are very specific and I didn't have any previous experience with media. After this presentation the interview was over and lasted for about 2 hours. I received an offer in about 1,5 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the mechanism you used to sell in your previous job.   Answer Question

I didn't like the products I would sell, they are not in mich demand now, and also the fact that the company is struggling in fast moving digital media environment with all the yellow pages they do.

Premise Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Supermedia (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of convincing the DM that I could learn their script, learn new technology, and that I was 100 percent committed to being micro-molded.

Interview Questions

• how would you sell this to the customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

went from 36 to 39k base salary by explaining had other offers with stronger base salary.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Supermedia (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called by Supermedia after a neighbor sent out my resume to his connections. The interview was fun and they asked the basic questions about skills. The job description was described to me and then I was given a tour of the marketing area. Afterwards, my interviewer told me he would contact me within two weeks. Two and a half months passed with no word and then I was got an email saying the position had been filled. Luckily I had other opportunities lined up because they were not timely with their response.

Digital Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Supermedia (Waltham, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had some difficulty contacting the outside company they use to hire. The interview went longer than they originally planned, but the conversation with upper management was friendly and engaging. I had absolutely no problems with the interview and the company representatives conducting it. They were very quick to respond to me (within 20 minutes of my depature) to let me know I had the job. However, it was another lengthy process to get paperwork squared away with outside hiring company

Interview Questions

• There actually weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. It was a fairly standard sales interview, asking about previous sales experience and how I would go about selling their product. They did ask to know what I believe are some of my flaws, so be ready to answer that type of question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not allow for negotiations

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Supermedia (Doylestown, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had my interview downstairs in a coffee shop. They talked about the process of the sale (it wasn't what I was told) I was also told our starting salary was a 5k more than what it turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cold calling?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing, I wish now I didn't accept though. Waste of time.

Digital Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Supermedia (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

This company was extremely quick to bring me in for an interview, after the initial phone interview. The group that administered the interview was extremely friendly and conversational. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and was comprised to typical sales-related questions. They were also quick to call back and make a job offer (within a half hour of leaving the interview).

Interview Questions

• There were not any questions that were difficult to answer or that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not allow any negotiation.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Supermedia (DFW, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter and was schedule an interview at the corporate office near the DFW airport. My interview was scheduled for 11am and I arrived about 10:30am and went over some notes in my car. At 10:45 I went to the front desk and informed the receptionist about my interview. She called the hiring manager to tell him I was there and told me to take a seat and he’ll be with me shortly. The hiring manager did not come until 11:15. Strike 1. The hiring manager walked me through the office(which was huge) we made small talk until we got to his department. The manager said even though the interview was scheduled they didn’t have a room to interview me in and he apologized as he excused himself to find an open room. Strike 2. After the interview I noticed I had a voice message from the recruiter. She was wondering why I missed my interview and Supermedia had no records of me even being there. Strike 3. I told the recruiter that I was there. I was early. They made me wait and when she called me I was in the middle of the interview.

Needless to say I did not get the job nor would I have even taken it if I was offered. Both Supermedia and the recruiter are highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Supermedia Response

Aug 25, 2014Reputation Management Coordinator

Hi, we apologize for your dissatisfaction surrounding your interview process. Our goal is for all candidates to feel as comfortable as possible during the entire hiring process. Professionalism is a ... More

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Supermedia (Irving, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a couple of in person interviews with several managers and a couple of reps. It was a long process that lasted about 4-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• What makes you successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i negotiated through the recruiter. It only took a few days.

Jun 2, 2015Employee

Hi- We're happy to hear that your experience went well and thanks for being a valued team member! -Ed

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Supermedia (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was first screened by a recruiter then moved on to a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond to make a sale, what were the actions you took and the outcome   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our company   Answer Question