Supermedia Premise Media Consultant Interview Questions

3.5

Premise Media Consultant Interview

Interview

All initial interviews are handled by the HR department not the Manager. It is best to allways talk about your ability to bring in new customers to the company. Demonstrate your ability to recommend and explain sometimes complex solutions to clients. You must always demonstrate that you are flexiable in both travel and additional hours that might be needed to get the job done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Supermedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chadds Ford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Supermedia (Chadds Ford, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

A good process, the managers and GM was very friendly and ask some great questions. I had a great epress with the corporate staff and the trainers.

Interview Questions

• Working hours, how do you feel about working over 50 hours a week.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very hard process to negotiate because there is a ceiling to what can be offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Supermedia (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, thorough background check and income verification, followed by a face to face interview with two sales managers.

Interview Questions

• No questions out of the ordinary. Be prepared to do a mock sales call, and make sure to close the deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair offer. Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Supermedia (Pitts, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewing and hiring went rather quickly. 2 managers interviewed me at the same time. Was very impressed with the 1 manager, the other manager not so much. Asked standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question on 1st interview -- when can you start? They pretty much hired me on the spot dependent on backgound check.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Since I had this media industry background, they raised the base pay $2,000,

Supermedia Response

Aug 13, 2014 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Hi, sounds like your interview went well overall and not having to negotiate made the entire experience even better, which is great! Thank you for providing your feedback as it's greatly appreciated ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Supermedia (Boston, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

At the time it was a difficult and stressful hiring process. Multiple interviews, role playing, etc. Needed to have college degree, and be on the top of your game. Now I believe it is much easier to get in. Therefore quality of people hired has declined.

Interview Questions

• After you presented your entire recommendation during role play that took hours, one of the trainers told you how bad it was and you had to react professionally in a calm, assertive way, to overcome the objection.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward. They low balled the expectations which I think was good at the time, but was still much more than I was making at the time.

Premise Media Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Supermedia in January 2010.

Interview

OK

Premise Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Supermedia in June 2009.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an employee who forwarded it to HR. After two weeks without hearing anything, I called the local office and asked for the name of the GM. Coincidentally, the day I did this I received a call for a phone interview from HR in Dallas. Upon that interview going well, I was invited to interview at the local office. The sales manager who conducted the interview referred to the resume I had mailed to the GM. The questions are from a typical corporate script which likely has changed from several years ago. Just a working day later I received the job offer from HR. Timing of interview varies according to usual factors such as head-count, if there is a hiring freeze, etc but there is usually enough turn-over you should be able to get hired no later than 6-12 months if you have a successful track record and know someone and/or the industry, products, market, etc. More than likely you will meet with two managers at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest sale?   1 Answer
    • What do you find most challenging in sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If interview goes well, schedule an interview with General Manager for some salary negotiation before HR calls you with an offer.

Premise Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Supermedia in June 2008.

Interview

Rather extensive interview process, also 5 weeks of training once you are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation