Supplemental Health Care Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in October 2013.

I interviewed with 2 people, both equally incompetent. Neither had any personality, and seemed to reek of hostility/complacentness/depression, and you had to think the company and their practices has a lot to do with that.

Interview Questions
    • None - Both interviewers showed such a lack of interest/passion for their job and the interview process, that they seemed to not even comprehend what they were actually asking, let alone my answer.

NOTE: I interviewed with 4 companies (SHC being 1 of them) and got 3 offers, so it's not like I'm some slouch.
        Answer Question

Because this place had no energy - It was like a cancer-ward in that place. Who could succeed in a hard-sales/heavy rejection type of role like that while making calls in a cell block on death row? (besides maybe Suge Knight)

Staffing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care.

Long and very misleading

Interview Questions
    They low balled me on salary and we negotiated for an average

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Park City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in April 2013.

First step was a phone interview - pretty typical screening situation. Then I came in for a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager (now my supervisor). This was just as I expected; the office was neat and clean, the people were very friendly and polite (although for some reason they have and HR Generalist sitting in the receptionist's desk!?!) After the one-on-one I met with the rest of the HR Team - this was a great opportunity where I was invited to ask them anything about what the day-to-day is like. I found this to be the most helpful. The final interview was a one-over-one interview with the HR Director, which was wonderful as well. The entire process was an excellent balance of professionalism without guarding the realities of the job too much. I felt I was given a really good opportunity to really test the fit.

Interview Questions
    • "If there were a penguin sitting here with us right now, what would he say?"   View Answer
    Short but congenial. It felt like the supervisor and HR Director wanted to make much stronger offer than the CEO would allow- like their hands were tied. They wanted to offer more, but they couldn't because the Senior Management Team wouldn't do it.

Market Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care.

Long interview and hiring process. They are careful about finding the right match and that is respectable.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say any questions were difficult to answer. They asked great questions.   Answer Question
    It was based on experience in the medical field and other factors. They gave me a range and my offer was in the top part of that range.

Lead Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in August 2013.

You get called on the phone and set up an interview. You go to the interview and meet with three Managers. You have to pass with all three to move on.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans for the future and why should we decide you are the right fit for us.   Answer Question
    None Negotiable .

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in April 2013.

Initial interview is a phone interview by the HR woman. If you pass that and you have good references then you are scheduled for a face to face interview with the Vice president. This was the hardest interview I've ever had in my life. Honestly she chewed me up and spit me out during my interview. She does this because of the nature of the business. If you pass her interview you meet with your divisional manager and you pretty much just do paperwork to come on board. With that said the VP is very nice after your interview when you start here. Honestly even if i wasn't offered the job, i learned alot about what to and not to say during an interview. I ultimately was offered a position but if i wasn't I took something positive away from it. In conclusion you don't get a job with the Branch, you earn your job with this branch!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing about the interview was the VP shooting down any kind of subjective answer to a question. Responses like I'm a hard worker or I'm very detail oriented will be countered with "that is subjective, can you give me something tangible". Also, honesty is appreciated, I told her one of the reasons I was fired from a past job and she didn't hold it against me. She was actually glad I was honest with her and understood the reason. Most difficult   Answer Question
    None they told you what the pay was and the bonus structure is. For entry level there really is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in August 2010.

Was contacted initially after I responded to an ad on CareerBuilder. The market manager was very specific on the skillset they were looking for and the environment I was walking into.

The in-person interview was in the office so I could see the environment and ensure I was a fit with the team. I was asked about my skill set, what I would do in particular situations, and how I would tackle difficult clients. Post interview, I was asked for a second screening with a market manager in another city - this was done over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would respond to a candidate that was abandoned at the side of the road and needed to get to work   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate base salary and movement based on production.

PRN COTA Interview

THEY LIE! Hired me in order to use me even though they couldn't work me. Misled me about the benefits and when they couldn't work me FT hours the benefits ceased. Lied about their ability to keep me working. Misled me, lied to me, abused me.....have I used up all of my required 50 words yet?

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me any diffiuclt questions.....just hired me to abuse me.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in July 2012.

I was contacted by Corporate Recruiting and walked through the simple application process. An interview was set up with management in the nearest office. My interviewer was pleasant and easy to speak to, I was able to relax and feel comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to someone on the phone who is upset or irate?   View Answer
    I had no experience in Recruiting and was pleased with the amount initially offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Supplemental Health Care in November 2012.

Initally, I submitted my resume and was called for an interview with the local Market Manager. At the in person interview, I spoke with the Market Manager, a Senior Staffing Manager, and the Market Manager for another team. It was nice to be able to ask three people some of the same questions to be sure that their answers lined up. After this interview, I was contacted for a phone interview with the Regional VP. This interview was somewhat shorter and lasted for about 20 min. Shortly after the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a few hours to make phone calls and see what the job was all about. It was a chance for me to see if I would really like to job and for them to see if I would be a good fit. It was just after the trial day that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Supplemental Health Care? Contribute to the Community!