Support.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.2

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Support.com.

Their interview process is very inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary, as to what will land you the job or not. There was a lot of tech knowledge questions for my position however my friend who had same position said they barely went over tech with him. Another friend of mine was asked a question that he could only know if he already had a job with Support.com, and wasn't hired because he answered wrong, not very fair.

Interview Questions
    they don't negotiate they tell you what they will give you and you accept or decline they don't really care to make you happy they can outsource you.

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Support.com.

After initialy reaching out with resume the HR department will email with within afew days. They setup a phone interview and the interviewer will ask basic troubleshooting questions about networks and such. After that if all goes well you will get a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Zero, take it or leave it

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Support.com in April 2014.

Pretty basic stuff. If you know how to use a computer and the basics of troubleshooting (i.e. how a cable modem should be connected), you've probably got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work whenever we want you to work without any notice?   Answer Question

Remote Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Support.com in July 2014.

Applied through an add on craigslist, took a small skills test, then received an email saying my application had been received. 5 days later I got another email asking my availability for a phone interview.The interview was approx 15-20 minutes and consisted of tech questions and a role play scenario . 2 days after the phone interview I got an offer and was emailed 5 documents to fill out and return by the end of the next day ( too me this seemed a bit odd) after printing and faxing the documents they then proceed to email me another document as well as 2 web forms to fill out( at this point I'm wondering why they couldn't have sent all this at the same time considering 1 of the documents is the 2nd part of one they had already sent). So after faxing the first round of documentation as well as notarized copies of my state ID and birth certificate they are telling me " The---------- paperwork cannot be notarized by you. The paperwork that is due by the end of today is the signed offer letter, verbal acknowledgement form and first part of the 2 part document).. " At this point I feel as if they're just so disorganized due to the fact that all this could've been sent at once and saved me a lot of time and hassle. If this is how the HR office conducts business, how does the company conduct business?

Interview Questions

Too much frustration caused by paper work not being sent in one email , seems to broken up and sent from one Hr to another , received emails from 3 different HR coordinators.

Remote Services Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Support.com in July 2013.

During the application you are required to make an account on jobvite. That is where they contact you. It took about a week for them to get back to me but then they asked me when I was available next week. So I picked a date the following week for them to call me. I believe it was a Wednesday at 1 pm. The interveiwer called me at 1 pm as scheduled and began asking me about the things I have on my application. He asked me about how confident I was in my abilities. I made sure to reassure him I was very confident. For example he asked how I would handle stress from angry customers, I responded with the fact that I'd just finished working with children all day and working with angry adults wouldn't be much different. Then we got to roleplays where he would give a scenario and we would act it out. This made me a little nervous, but after that he asked if I had any questions for him. I was nervous so I didn't have any. He said they would be in touch within the next 2 weeks to tell me if I'd been hired or not. They called me the next week to let me know I'd been hired and to give me all the proper forms as well as to tell me the training date.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I get a little flustered at the most obvious things. He asked how I would describe a router. I grew a little flustered and explained that different routers look different. Some are boxy, others have 6 antennae, and some don't look anything like a router.   View Answer

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

Take a online test which test your basic knowledge of computers.
    Phone Interview - Pretty simple, just some customer service based questions and tech questions.
    If you pass the phone interview then they set you up for training.

No negotiation, you take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Support.com in January 2013.

It was a 10 min call, half of it the Supervisor that called me sighed heavily and asked about my background, and if I would like working in this environment

Interview Questions
    You either took it or declined it.

At Home Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Support.com in July 2014.

The interview took approximately 30-40 minutes. The interviewer wasn't really clear on one of the questions he asked, which annoyed me a little bit. It wasn't very difficult but you will be asked questions of a technical nature. There was also a scenario regarding a router and what to tell a customer if there wireless internet isn't connected.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario wasn't difficult but the interviewer was not clear.   Answer Question

Remote Services Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Support.com.

I applied at Support.com and received an e-mail the following day that gave me two consecutive days to be interviewed between the times of 6am and 10pm, "any time zone".

The individual interviewing me was incredibly disrespectful and demeaning throughout the entire telephone conversation and even went as far as asking me if I had heard of "Nest", which my reply was "Yes", he laughed, and proceeded to tell me I would be installing a lot of them.

He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder and it appeared as though his years of being frustrated with customers and being disrespected by them as a Customer Service and Tech Support Representative, were being projected onto me throughout the telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers continuous disrespectful, demeaning, degrading, condescending tone throughout the entire interview.   Answer Question

If the employee that conducts the interview for Support.com speaks to potential employees during the interview the way he spoke to me why would I want to work in an environment like that, regardless of whether or not work correspondence takes place over online chat or teleconference calls?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

A JOKE!!!!!! I applied online and received an email to respond back with my availability for a phone interview. I was given 3 possible days. After I researched the company and hourly rate, I responded 2 days later. After responding with my availability, I was sent another email stating that my information was not found in the system (Jobvite.com) and without that, I would need to actually register on that site. I explained to the person that I had not seen anything of that nature when I completed the online application, but if I could get the website, I would go and register. After finally getting registered, I received another email asking for my availability again. I responded and received a reply back with the interviewer name and time they would be contacting me. I agreed. End of story, or so I thought. the next day I receive the exact same email (it must be a auto generated email) stating my information was not found in the system. I then proceeded to explain, via email, that I had already received a confirmation email for the interview with date, time, and interviewer. She apologized and that was that.

Now, the "interview"...the interviewer calls 25 minutes later than the scheduled time, which was OK, due to "interviews running longer than planned". He verifies that I am interviewing for the RST position and states he needs to check the report on my computer specs. Now, my train of thought at that very moment is "why wasn't this checked BEFORE you even arranged an interview". Well, my computer didn't meet the 1080p screen size....and my computer actually exceeds that. I was asked if there was another computer that could be tested, to which I replied, "no, my other computers are older than or the same as this one". He goes on to say that unfortunately we won't be able to proceed unless I would like to upgrade and reapply later. I firmly respond with No, I'm not upgrading my computer for a hourly rate of $9/hour, you have a great day sir" and the call was disconnected.

Moral of this story...Support.com MAY be a great at home company to work for, but unless you just recently purchased a VERY high end computer or you are willing to go purchase on, keep looking. The rate of pay doesn't even make up for the amount of confusion I dealt with trying to get an interview set up.

Worked for Support.com? Contribute to the Community!