Support.com

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.2

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Support.com.

The Fist thing they say if you need to be available 24/7 because it is a call center that work 24/7 366 days in the year. The person was kind of rude. I told him I want my Sundays free and he say they don't know the schedule can be at 3 am or at nights. That didn't work for me and he knew it even when I told him to continue with the interview

Interview Questions
    • About my experience especifically with costumer service   Answer Question

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Ground, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Battle Ground, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Support.com in February 2015.

The interview went well, but I should have studied the basics a little better. I was more prepared to answer difficult questions and was a little surprised by the process. The person doing the interview was very professional. If I am able to interview again, there are definitely some things I would do differently. Overall a good experience.

Work From Home Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Support.com.

Filled out the application, got a word of an interview over the phone with someone. Looked like a good fit. However after finishing the process I started getting interviews and replies from companies locally.

I need a job that pays a living wage of at least $12.00 per hour, and this company does not.

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Support.com.

Process took 4 weeks , fairly simple. applied through craigslist , got a call withi a week to schedule a phone interview. the phone interview lasted 15 minutes , received an offer a week later . ALOT oif paper work has to be filled out and notorised BY YOU not the company , these come in multiple emails , that you then have to fill out and take to a notary, then fax back . There is a tight time frame on returning this paper work.

Interview Questions

I had worked here in the past and knew how they treated thier employees. Can make just as much $ working at McDonalds and deal with less stress.

Tech Support Interview

Process: Computer scan, phone interview, and offer. The guy on the line was very much like "do you want the job or no" offer it was not inviting and there was an undertone suggesting that there was no room for negotiation.

My opinion: I think many employers think they are doing you a favor or treat work at home employees like they are doing them a favor by offering a lowball $8/$9 an hour job to someone who could obviously make more in the field inside a brick and mortar. They are getting the most advantage as they do not have to pay overhead of having an employee there. But that is not the attitude they take from you. Then you are mad because you chose a job you knew darn well that you should have been paid more for.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that they expect you to give a YES and do not want you to negotiate or ask for more. The lowball is set in stone with Support.com and you cannot advance.   Answer Question

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Support.com in January 2015.

I found the ad for a job on Craigslist and submitted my resume for the RST job. About a week later I received an email asking for an interview. I scheduled one with them for the next day using an online web program. The call was about 5 minutes late the next day, but the interview was extremely pleasant. We went over the job requirements and he asked me a few questions about my existing knowledge of technology. He asked which programs and OS I was familiar with as well as some role playing for customer service. At the end of the interview he said HR would be in touch with a job offer. They called the next day and sent me the necessary paperwork for new hires.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Pay was set hourly.

Remote Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Support.com.

The interview was a very easy process. There really wasn't many questions asked about myself, it seems like they really pay attention to your resume. What they were really interested in the interview was, the tech specs of the PC that will be used for the job. They really demand that you meet the tech specs for the PC otherwise you cannot start the job.

Remote Services Technician Or Another Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Support.com.

I applied online and took their test. Then they scheduled for a phone interview. I decided to go with it, since working from home while looking for the right job appealed to me. Interviewer called me and he asked me to install Speccy program in order to assess my computer system (I installed it reluctantly hoping for the best). I have the Surface Pro duel core 1.7 Ghz. He said they needed at least a 2.2 Ghz. He asked if I can try another laptop or purchase a system that will meet this requirement... Well, my reply was that based on their pay of $10-$13 per hour, it is unlikely that I will buy another computer for this position. I was a bit ticked off that my Surface Pro that I bought a little over a year ago wasn't good enough for a $10 per hour job. After uninstalling their program, now my biggest concern is that they didn't install any back doors or trojans or seething else on my system...

Assuming all things are good and legit, this job could be good for people in college---who have at least a 2.2 Ghz system

My qualifications: B.S. MIS, CCNA Data Center, CISSP

Interview Questions
    • No questions yet. I declined to continue since I didn't have a 2.2 Ghz system.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Support.com in November 2014.

Online skill assessment consisting of basic computer and network use. Personality quiz. 7+ days later, phone interview "scheduled" between a 48 hour period (albeit, specific time confirmed same-day by email from a different employee, unable to confirm whether this confirmation email was sent from a support.com rep, looks like from a third party service). Phone interviewer confirms computer specs first, and then discusses job details, schedule, etc.

Remote Services Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Support.com.

They will send you an email giving you a few days to schedule a phone interview...The interview was easy, and you basically just have to answer a few questions about how you would be able to help a customer over the phone. They do a few role playing scenarios. Overall it was a bit uncomfortable at first (It was my first phone interview, so that could be part of it), but it was more comfortable after a few minutes. I did not think I did very good but apparently I did because about 2 days later I got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How I would explain to a customer what a internet modem looks like and how I would help them find it in their house. (Easy I know)   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, and the call was very informative and helpful.