Support.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

CST/RST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Support.com (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer had speakerphone on which created a 2 second delayed echo where I could hear myself repeat the answer. Typical questions like "Why do you want to work for us?", and "How do you handle a customer that's been passed on to you from 3 other support persons?" Repeatedly asked about availability and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked quite a few questions about wireless networking. One being, "What would you do if you were in a coffee shop, and could not get a connection?"   Answer Question

Remote Support Tech RST Chat Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Support.com (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

I quickly figured this would not be a chat position at all, and they ask for people with some tech background, yet aren't willing to pay for it. It was an easy interview, but not an impressive company. I spent an hour on the phone interviewing after the pre-screen quiz. They are looking to take advantage of people desperate for jobs. I declined, needless to say.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to Google random printer models and troubleshoot it on the spot. Not hard, really.   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Support.com in March 2015.

Interview

Support.com requires you to take an aptitude test, making sure you can troubleshoot/follow a flow chart. These types of charts are, assumedly, the type you would use while working from them. If you pass the test, you will get an email asking you to schedule an interview. It's a work from home position, so the interview takes place over the phone. They call, ask you some questions, and afterwords, tell you HR will be in touch. If you're rejected, it's usually pretty fast. If you don't hear from them for a while, it's a good sign.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a Irate customer who has been transferred around? How would you tell a non-tech savvy individual to locate their modem/router? Give us an example of an outstanding act of customer service you have done. Other more specific tech related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Support.com (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was easy interview. They asked if I was flexible with my working hours. Few technical questions very simple. I was told I will be contacted if selected by the team by email. I waited for a week did not receive any email so sent them email asking the status of my application. I was told that I have been selected and they would be taking my application further however I need to wait till training badge starts. So I waited and waited but NO RESPONSE. I sent them email after a month NO REPLY. I kept sending emails but never got a response from them. It was very unprofessional of them. I sent emails to HR as well as the person who conducted the telephonic interview but no one replied back. Worst experience for me...

Interview Questions

• What piece of technology could you not live without?   1 Answer
    • How would you treat an upset customer that has been transferred?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Support.com (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craig's list. Applied online with a basic skills test that included knowledge of flow charts, networking, basic computer terminology and level of troubleshooting knowledge. After passing that, I got an email asking more specific questions. I then got a scheduled phone interview and had the job, wages and expectations of SDC if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked how I would respond to an irate customer who could not be managed.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Support.com.

Interview

The Fist thing they say if you need to be available 24/7 because it is a call center that work 24/7 366 days in the year. The person was kind of rude. I told him I want my Sundays free and he say they don't know the schedule can be at 3 am or at nights. That didn't work for me and he knew it even when I told him to continue with the interview

Interview Questions

• About my experience especifically with costumer service   Answer Question

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Ground, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Support.com (Battle Ground, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, but I should have studied the basics a little better. I was more prepared to answer difficult questions and was a little surprised by the process. The person doing the interview was very professional. If I am able to interview again, there are definitely some things I would do differently. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What schedules I'd be willing to work   1 Answer

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Support.com in February 2015.

Interview

I completed an application and technical quiz online, and then was given a further tech quiz over the phone prior to receiving a job offer. I then had to complete 4 weeks of training, which you could not miss more than an hour of for any reason or else you'd be immediately fired. It was an easy process, and the training itself was fun, but like many other policies in this company, the onboarding process needs some work.

Interview Questions

• Walk a customer through downloading and installing drivers for a <insert printer model here>   Answer Question

Remote Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Support.com (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

You apply and are sent a test. This test will be simple for you if you are comfortable with computers. If you do well, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. After you have your interview, they will (hopefully) contact you to fill out paperwork that will need to be notarized.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe one time where you went above and beyond for a customer. Q: Explain how you would power cycle a modem and a router.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Support.com.

Interview

Filled out the application, got a word of an interview over the phone with someone. Looked like a good fit. However after finishing the process I started getting interviews and replies from companies locally.

I need a job that pays a living wage of at least $12.00 per hour, and this company does not.