Support.com

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Remote Services Technician Interview

Remote Services Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Support.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – During the application you are required to make an account on jobvite. That is where they contact you. It took about a week for them to get back to me but then they asked me when I was available next week. So I picked a date the following week for them to call me. I believe it was a Wednesday at 1 pm. The interveiwer called me at 1 pm as scheduled and began asking me about the things I have on my application. He asked me about how confident I was in my abilities. I made sure to reassure him I was very confident. For example he asked how I would handle stress from angry customers, I responded with the fact that I'd just finished working with children all day and working with angry adults wouldn't be much different. Then we got to roleplays where he would give a scenario and we would act it out. This made me a little nervous, but after that he asked if I had any questions for him. I was nervous so I didn't have any. He said they would be in touch within the next 2 weeks to tell me if I'd been hired or not. They called me the next week to let me know I'd been hired and to give me all the proper forms as well as to tell me the training date.

Interview Question – Honestly I get a little flustered at the most obvious things. He asked how I would describe a router. I grew a little flustered and explained that different routers look different. Some are boxy, others have 6 antennae, and some don't look anything like a router.   View Answer

Interviewed at Support.com

Interview Details – Take a online test which test your basic knowledge of computers.
Phone Interview - Pretty simple, just some customer service based questions and tech questions.
If you pass the phone interview then they set you up for training.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you take it or leave it

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Support.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 10 min call, half of it the Supervisor that called me sighed heavily and asked about my background, and if I would like working in this environment

Interview Question – Nothing really was hard about the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You either took it or declined it.

At Home Technical Support Interview

At Home Technical Support

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Support.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview took approximately 30-40 minutes. The interviewer wasn't really clear on one of the questions he asked, which annoyed me a little bit. It wasn't very difficult but you will be asked questions of a technical nature. There was also a scenario regarding a router and what to tell a customer if there wireless internet isn't connected.

Interview Question – The scenario wasn't difficult but the interviewer was not clear.   Answer Question

Remote Services Technician Interview

Remote Services Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Support.com.

Interview Details – I applied at Support.com and received an e-mail the following day that gave me two consecutive days to be interviewed between the times of 6am and 10pm, "any time zone".

The individual interviewing me was incredibly disrespectful and demeaning throughout the entire telephone conversation and even went as far as asking me if I had heard of "Nest", which my reply was "Yes", he laughed, and proceeded to tell me I would be installing a lot of them.

He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder and it appeared as though his years of being frustrated with customers and being disrespected by them as a Customer Service and Tech Support Representative, were being projected onto me throughout the telephone interview.

Interview Question – The interviewers continuous disrespectful, demeaning, degrading, condescending tone throughout the entire interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If the employee that conducts the interview for Support.com speaks to potential employees during the interview the way he spoke to me why would I want to work in an environment like that, regardless of whether or not work correspondence takes place over online chat or teleconference calls?

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Support.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – A JOKE!!!!!! I applied online and received an email to respond back with my availability for a phone interview. I was given 3 possible days. After I researched the company and hourly rate, I responded 2 days later. After responding with my availability, I was sent another email stating that my information was not found in the system (Jobvite.com) and without that, I would need to actually register on that site. I explained to the person that I had not seen anything of that nature when I completed the online application, but if I could get the website, I would go and register. After finally getting registered, I received another email asking for my availability again. I responded and received a reply back with the interviewer name and time they would be contacting me. I agreed. End of story, or so I thought. the next day I receive the exact same email (it must be a auto generated email) stating my information was not found in the system. I then proceeded to explain, via email, that I had already received a confirmation email for the interview with date, time, and interviewer. She apologized and that was that.

Now, the "interview"...the interviewer calls 25 minutes later than the scheduled time, which was OK, due to "interviews running longer than planned". He verifies that I am interviewing for the RST position and states he needs to check the report on my computer specs. Now, my train of thought at that very moment is "why wasn't this checked BEFORE you even arranged an interview". Well, my computer didn't meet the 1080p screen size....and my computer actually exceeds that. I was asked if there was another computer that could be tested, to which I replied, "no, my other computers are older than or the same as this one". He goes on to say that unfortunately we won't be able to proceed unless I would like to upgrade and reapply later. I firmly respond with No, I'm not upgrading my computer for a hourly rate of $9/hour, you have a great day sir" and the call was disconnected.

Moral of this story...Support.com MAY be a great at home company to work for, but unless you just recently purchased a VERY high end computer or you are willing to go purchase on, keep looking. The rate of pay doesn't even make up for the amount of confusion I dealt with trying to get an interview set up.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Support.com in January 2010.

Interview Details – Four phone interviews & finally got hired. About a month so if you need a job right away look elsewhere. Luckily I was employed when I was interviewed or I would have been out of luck

Interview Question – They were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok

Saint Augustine, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Support.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and was contacted within a few days by someone from HR. They asked a few questions and then set up an appointment for an interview with a supervisor to ask technical questions.
The supervisor saw I had a lot of experience already and didn't really ask me any questions. He explained what the job would be like and said the hardest part would be staying awake during training.
After that it got difficult because the HR people were less than stellar. They sent the offer letter to the wrong email address and then didn't update it in the system when I gave them the right one.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any questions. The supervisor seemed to want to be done with the call as soon as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. You accept or decline.

Personal Technology Expert Interview

Personal Technology Expert
Wilmington, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Support.com in October 2012.

Interview Details – There was a 3 month waiting period between the time I submitted my application and an actual hire date, so don't expect an immediate response. There was initially a phone interview to get basic information, then a technical phone interview that was "open book" and the interviewer advised me to use the internet to help answer the questions, though none of them were difficult enough to necessitate it. Afterwards I was scheduled for a training class another month away from the phone interview and eventually hired in October after an application in June.

Interview Question – "What does SCSI stand for?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary. Take it or leave it attitude.

Remote Support Tech RST

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Support.com.

Interview Details – timely, took about 4 weeks. they'll require minimum hardware specs, backround check, and and the whole nine. seemed well organized, they were hiring some 500 employees when I was hired

Interview Question – what will you do when customers are angry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for Support.com? Contribute to the Community!