KLA-Tencor
www.kla-tencor.com Milpitas, CA 5000+ Employees

KLA-Tencor Software Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in Migdal Ha`Emeq (Israel) and was asked:
"Suppose, aquisition is much slowlier, what should be the k? How many threads? and if verse vise? (here they also told me something wrong, they said that hardware is always slowlier than software and I told them that it is wrong!!!)"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Software Engineer Interview Review - one of 141 KLA-Tencor Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
k should be 1, so that the measure won't wait for the hardware
in the secondcase, I proposed that there will be some callback funstion in measure that after time t will get signal and release CPU by some kind of yield. One of them told me that callback means busy wait, I explained her that it is wrong and did it in a bad manner, now I am sorry on that... Finally, they said they wanted to hear about different priorities to the threads, I said that in some advanced course, we were taught never to design with priorities manipulations...
It was also too stupied from my side...
- Interview Candidate on Jan 11, 2010 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.