Interview Question

SharePoint Business Analyst Interview San Francisco, CA

Suppose you are the BA and the technical manager does not

agree with you on the solution. He wants to build a Java application instead of using SharePoint. So how you go about talking to him?
Answer

Interview Answer

4 Answers

Hmm I was not mentally prepared to answer such question given that i wasn't even sure i am going to get this job. And i have difficult situation to face already, to think how will i respond was tough because i think i will not directly confort him/ her. But rather go with a systematic approach and find out and list the pros and cons of going either way. And then make a decision or talk with the Tech Manager based on that and ask for his insight. But i just didn't have the confidence to tell all this to the interviewr at that time! And i am not sure if this will be teh only step i will take. The process may had been more comlicated iterative or easier! Who knows untill you actually do it!

Interview Candidate on Apr 30, 2009

first, listen to my manger's point-view of choosing JAVA technologies, try hard to understand what he really concerned, use my experience of share-point, let them know our strength is that our team has a sold experience of share-point in place.

Anonymous on Aug 29, 2009

Anonymous on Aug 29, 2009

Thank you Sir for sharing your view. Now I know what you wanted to hear. I would say I totally agree with your approach and that is also my aproach towards getting to a resolution. "first, listen to my manger's point-view, try hard to understand what he really concerned, let them not only know our strength in solid share-point experience but also let him know, our sharepoint solution and how it addresses his concerns, so that he also has an informed opinion towards our joint decisionand we have his support too.

Cheena on Sep 1, 2009