Sur La Table

Sur La Table Assistant Manager Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sur La Table.

The process was very unusual, as I was interviewed on the sales floor, while the MGR was assisting customers. It was rather stressful. The questions were read off of a clipboard.

Interview Questions
  • The MGR asked me to sell her something off of the sales floor. Not having knowledge of the item made this challenging.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sur La Table

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sur La Table in April 2011.

Pretty standard interview process.
    They are looking for people who can think on their feet.
    Lot's of questions about what you cook or like to eat.
    Most questions focussed on managing people and what you would do in certain situations.
    It's important to demonstrate that you are more than just a task master, and you have aspirations to do more.

Salary, Bonus, start date
    Just be clear up front about your expectations.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sur La Table in September 2012.

Completed an online application along with submitting resume and cover letter. Got a call from the store manager 3 days later. She did a mini phone interview and scheduled a face to face interview 2 days later. Face to face interview lasted about 45 minutes, most of the questions about past sales performance, management style and what skills I could bring to the company. At the end of the interview I was scheduled for a phone interview with the District Manager the next day. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, again focusing on past sales performance and management skills. I was emailed information about a background check and was offered the position 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • If you could buy anything in the store what would you buy? How would you sell it to a customer?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to create a sales focused environment? How to you get associates to be as sales driven?   Answer Question
    Salary offered was more than I expected. Benefits package is great and kicks in quickly. Negotiated starting time based on notice given to previous employer and the needs of the new position.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sur La Table.

I applied and got a call about a week later. I did 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. They asked the basic questions "what would I do in a certain situation" "How have I handled angry/happy customers" They were all very friendly! It took only about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • How would I sell certain item... bake ware, electrics, ect   Answer Question
    I didnt have to negotiate the pay was very good in my opinion

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sur La Table in March 2012.

the interview is a DM and a store manager in a room with you asking questions about why you would fit into the culture and what you are passionate about when it comes to working for sur la table

start time