Sur La Table Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sur La Table in August 2013.

I applied online in August 2013 and received a call asking if I was still interested in the job a couple days later. I went in the next day for an interview. The "interview" took place in the middle of the store and took about 10 minutes. The hiring manager asked if I would be able to go to orientation on Tuesday (my interview was on a Thursday). I said yes, and he said he would rush through the paperwork to get my background check done. He said I would recieve any email to authorize the background check. Once I authorized that, I didn't hear anything else, so I called on Monday and he said to come to orientation the following day to fill out paperwork which would take about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, in fact there were hardly any at all that would you expect. They seemed desperate for workers. They only thing he asked was if I liked pastry/dessert or savory cooking better.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. They started me at 8.50 per hour and it seemed like they assumed you would just be working for the employee discount which is 40%.

Coffee Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sur La Table in October 2012.

I had one phone interview and one in-person. the lady was very nice and well spoken. typical "why do you want to work here?" questions. "what are your career goals?" and they wanted to know how much I knew about the products. it was quick and painless. unfortunately, I couldn't stay working for them. I found out I was pregnant almost immediately after hire and couldn't work for most of my pregnancy. I really liked the people and company though.

Interview Questions
    • none of them were very difficult. if you've ever gone on an interview you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    they told me they started everyone out at $8/hr I didn't try to negotiate

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!