Sur La Table Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.3

Floor Lead Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

I was almost denied an interview for no reason other than personal bias on behalf of the manager. Luckily an anonymous complaint to HR about the same issue fixed this and I was granted an interview. Though from the second it started (with the manager being over an hour late) I felt that I was not going to get the job despite the fact that the interview itself was successful.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sur La Table (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very high tech, but when it came to human interaction, I would of preferred dealing with the computer than the people the seem very unprofessional. It seem as if there was a script being used to coach the person doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you where not offered the position would you continue to shop at Sur La Table?   1 Answer

It didn't seem like a very professional environment to be apart of.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sur La Table (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews over the phone with the manager. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview. This happened over the course of 3 weeks since our schedules did not sync.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress? Have you ever trained anyone and helped them grow to another position?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sur La Table (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Went out to lunch with the DM, and was asked a series of questions about my job focus. He prodded for certain answers, but was very vague about much of the process. After lunch he met with our store manager and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for the position?   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sur La Table (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on line then was called for a phone interview then a face to face interview. A few silly questions. They really did not focus on what I could bring to the table but more on how diverse the company is. They really drove that point home several times which is great but most top rated organizations are. I don't think they had a great appreciation of my skills and that I could perhaps grow with the company. I then didn't hear anything for a few days and then all of a sudden got an email to show up the next morning for onboarding and training even though we really had not firmed up rate of pay or anything else. I guess they assumed I would just take the job no discussion. I'd love to work there but frankly I just think this isn't a good sign of things to come for me at that location.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sur La Table (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

They just ask you a few simple question, they will hire you on the spot because they are so desperate, they talk to you in the kitchen if that is the position you are going for, then after they hire you they will ask you to fill out paper work and ask you what day you can start and thats it.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us, tell us a time you had to work with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Resident Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sur La Table (Arlington, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

A very interesting process as after the interview, I went back for the actual cooking demonstration the very next day and all went well. I was even allowed, in fact encouraged, to sit in on the class presentations to get a feel for the day-to-day. From there, it has been complete radio silence. I find this especially curious because scheduling, duties, and salary was discussed in-depth. Why go down that path if you have no further interest? Not only have they lost a potential Chef, but a customer as well.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or uncomfortable questions. Everything was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Seasonal Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

Seemed somewhat of a long process. 3 interviews to unpack boxes. It seemed like the interview process was going to be about as long as the temporary position was going to last.

The pay was very low.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

They were desparate to hire people, they talked about the condition. only asked if i have any question.Very nice crew.Not much hassle for minimum wage. But they offered good venefits. Talked with 2 managers.

Negotiation

Seasonal Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sur La Table in November 2014.

Interview

Asked about sign in store. Advised to go on line and fill out ap. Didn't hear back, so went in a few days later and two managers interviewed me. Logical questions for retail work. They then initiated background check and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember exactly, but I told them I was not the type of person to be able to up-sell a customer if they came in with a certain price point.   Answer Question