Sur La Table Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2014
3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Kitchen Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sur La Table.

I first received a phone call interview and then an in person interview with one of the chefs. The phone interview and in person interview were both very basic and asked standard questions. Overall, it was a breeze. I got the job and realized I didn't need to be as nervous as I was prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • The only unexpected question was "What would you serve for dessert at a dinner party?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sur La Table

Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sur La Table in April 2014.

had a phone interview then was sent a bunch of questions to answer. Was called a week later and had to interview with two separate managers. They conducted it in the park across the street which was weird. The first manager asked me a bunch of questions from a sheet. Stupid corporate questions like, "What is your greatest weakness" etc.... Then the second manager comes over and asks me the exact same questions. They were both very young and I thought I answered the questions well, but the job was only offering minimum wage and less than twenty hours. It's been two weeks and no call back. I am assuming they aren't going to call at this point.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very run of the mill and not difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sur La Table in May 2011.

I liked the company so I applied online to be a kitchen assistant. I was called back a few days later and given a brief phone interview, then called again to come into the store for a 1:1 interview. A few hours later I received an automated email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product from our store to a customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!