Sur La Table

Sur La Table Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2014
Updated Oct 25, 2014

Kitchen Assistant Interview

The hiring process was simple. Show your qualifications, display relevant experience. I had to fill out one to two behavioral questions per category to send to the corporate level. The employer completed a background check on me, and I was subsequently hired.

Interview Questions
No negotiations. All I wanted was that job, and I was excited to accept something entry-level.

Other Interview Reviews for Sur La Table

Kitchen Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sur La Table.

I first received a phone call interview and then an in person interview with one of the chefs. The phone interview and in person interview were both very basic and asked standard questions. Overall, it was a breeze. I got the job and realized I didn't need to be as nervous as I was prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected question was "What would you serve for dessert at a dinner party?"   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sur La Table in April 2014.

had a phone interview then was sent a bunch of questions to answer. Was called a week later and had to interview with two separate managers. They conducted it in the park across the street which was weird. The first manager asked me a bunch of questions from a sheet. Stupid corporate questions like, "What is your greatest weakness" etc.... Then the second manager comes over and asks me the exact same questions. They were both very young and I thought I answered the questions well, but the job was only offering minimum wage and less than twenty hours. It's been two weeks and no call back. I am assuming they aren't going to call at this point.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very run of the mill and not difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sur La Table in November 2013.

Applied online. Was called in for an interview with both the kitchen manager and store manager (separately on the same day, one after the other). The interview took place in the store, very casual, and quite uncomfortable for me. It was loud and I felt like I couldn't hear myself talk. The store is crowded and cramped and customers kept walking by, asking to go around us, etc. Afterwards, I received a call a week later with an offer to start that day. I accepted and started that day.

Interview Questions
    • If you could but anything in the store (one item, unlimited funds), what would it be and why?   View Answer
    None.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sur La Table in May 2011.

I liked the company so I applied online to be a kitchen assistant. I was called back a few days later and given a brief phone interview, then called again to come into the store for a 1:1 interview. A few hours later I received an automated email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product from our store to a customer?   Answer Question