Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sur La Table
- Sales Associate (24)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Kitchen Assistant (6)
- Floor Lead (4)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (4)
- Sales (3)
- Assistant Store Manager (3)
- Store Manager (2)
- Seasonal Worker (2)
- Culinary Instructor (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Desktop Service Technician (1)
- Cashier/Sales Position (1)
- Web Content Related Job (1)
- Coffee Sales Associate (1)
- Assistant Resident Chef (1)
- Sales Lead (1)
- Advertising Coordinator (1)
- Web Designer (1)
- Assistant (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- Asst (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Sur La Table (Portland, OR) in November 2013.
Applied online. Was called in for an interview with both the kitchen manager and store manager (separately on the same day, one after the other). The interview took place in the store, very casual, and quite uncomfortable for me. It was loud and I felt like I couldn't hear myself talk. The store is crowded and cramped and customers kept walking by, asking to go around us, etc. Afterwards, I received a call a week later with an offer to start that day. I accepted and started that day.
- If you could but anything in the store (one item, unlimited funds), what would it be and why? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sur La Table (Portland, OR) in March 2013.
Submitted application online, got called for a phone interview within next 2 days and scheduled for an in-person interview in 2 days. Said they'd call back in 24 hours to meet the Manager but I never did hear from them again. It's been 10 days.
- Usual sales floor customer service questions. Was asked to try to sell the interviewer something from the store. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Sur La Table (Tualatin, OR) in October 2012.
Asked how I would sell a set of knives. I went through the process I thought I would use and experiences I have had with fine cutlery.
- I do not remember. Answer Question
Seasonal Christmas help with possible hire options after.
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sur La Table (Tigard, OR) in July 2012.
Day 1: Stoppee by store asked if hiring- told opening will be posted in 4 days, applied online 4 days later. Quick response and was scheduled for phone interview following day; typical questions: about past work, and what liked least about past job. Next day additional interview: 2 separate scenario interviews. Now, in background check process.
- If you had 500 dollars what would you buy and how would you sell it to the customer? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Sur La Table (Lake Oswego, OR) in June 2012.
It was laid back and they asked a few questions that tended to be basic. The questions were informal and they showed that management was laid back as well. They ask you if the sales environment would fit with your personality. They also ask you about availability, so just be as appropriate as you can with all answers.
- How would you sell me this knife? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Sur La Table (Lake Oswego, OR) in December 2010.
Very common interview. No surprises.
- What does an evening of cooking look like in your home? Answer Question
No negotiation. There was a set rate based on experience.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review