Sur La Table Interview Questions in Portland, OR

2.5

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sur La Table (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was called in for an interview with both the kitchen manager and store manager (separately on the same day, one after the other). The interview took place in the store, very casual, and quite uncomfortable for me. It was loud and I felt like I couldn't hear myself talk. The store is crowded and cramped and customers kept walking by, asking to go around us, etc. Afterwards, I received a call a week later with an offer to start that day. I accepted and started that day.

Interview Questions

• If you could but anything in the store (one item, unlimited funds), what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sur La Table (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online, got called for a phone interview within next 2 days and scheduled for an in-person interview in 2 days. Said they'd call back in 24 hours to meet the Manager but I never did hear from them again. It's been 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Usual sales floor customer service questions. Was asked to try to sell the interviewer something from the store.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sur La Table (Tualatin, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

Asked how I would sell a set of knives. I went through the process I thought I would use and experiences I have had with fine cutlery.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seasonal Christmas help with possible hire options after.

Cashier/Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sur La Table (Tigard, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

Day 1: Stoppee by store asked if hiring- told opening will be posted in 4 days, applied online 4 days later. Quick response and was scheduled for phone interview following day; typical questions: about past work, and what liked least about past job. Next day additional interview: 2 separate scenario interviews. Now, in background check process.

Interview Questions

• If you had 500 dollars what would you buy and how would you sell it to the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sur La Table (Lake Oswego, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

It was laid back and they asked a few questions that tended to be basic. The questions were informal and they showed that management was laid back as well. They ask you if the sales environment would fit with your personality. They also ask you about availability, so just be as appropriate as you can with all answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this knife?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sur La Table (Lake Oswego, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Very common interview. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• What does an evening of cooking look like in your home?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. There was a set rate based on experience.