Sur La Table

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
Tualatin, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sur La Table in October 2012.

Interview Details – Asked how I would sell a set of knives. I went through the process I thought I would use and experiences I have had with fine cutlery.

Interview Question – I do not remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Seasonal Christmas help with possible hire options after.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Sur La Table in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, got called for a phone interview within next 2 days and scheduled for an in-person interview in 2 days. Said they'd call back in 24 hours to meet the Manager but I never did hear from them again. It's been 10 days.

Interview Question – Usual sales floor customer service questions. Was asked to try to sell the interviewer something from the store.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Position Interview

Cashier/Sales Position
Tigard, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Sur La Table in July 2012.

Interview Details – Day 1: Stoppee by store asked if hiring- told opening will be posted in 4 days, applied online 4 days later. Quick response and was scheduled for phone interview following day; typical questions: about past work, and what liked least about past job. Next day additional interview: 2 separate scenario interviews. Now, in background check process.

Interview Question – If you had 500 dollars what would you buy and how would you sell it to the customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lake Oswego, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sur La Table in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very common interview. No surprises.

Interview Question – What does an evening of cooking look like in your home?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. There was a set rate based on experience.

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!