Surgical Care Affiliates

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

Purchasing Coordinator

I applied through other source and interviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates.

Interview Details – It was a very good experience. I went in and interviewed with the administrator of the surgery center as well as the OR coordinator. I also was able to sit down with current employees and had a open conversation about the culture of the center.

Interview Question – "If you could be any animal what would you be and why?"   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates.

Interview Details – I've worked for the company for about 3 years. I moved up from a local surgery center to the corporate headquarters. The interview was formal and held at the corporate headquarters. It lasted for about an hour, and I heard back from them about a month later.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates in March 2011.

Interview Details – I sent an email directly to the director of nursing and expressed my interest in a RN position. She offered to meet with me in person to discuss my qualifications and the details of the job position, tour of surgical center. She seemed to like me and want to give me an opportunity to learn since even though I was a new greaduate. I had to comeback for a second interview with the regional manager and perform a background check. It was a process of paper pushing but as soon as she gave me an offer and made sure to follow-up with her in the process to remind her how highly interested I was. I believe that it is still about "who you know" and how well you'l mesh with the team. Having the licenses, certifications, education and related skills ofcourse gives you the opportunity to step into the door but your attitude, persona, and first impressions will determine whether you are going to keep a foot in the door. Make sure you''re not trying so hard to please others by not being yourself and being compensated for what your worth.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to approach someone about a mistake or problem on their part.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Increase rate of pay after three months.
You have to prove yourself as a hardworker who's flexible and confident...some places are more demanding than others. Although this is not acute care, I have spoken with doctors that praise the RNs in an ASC being its an a specialized area where you have to always anticipate emergent situations that require advanced life support. Aside from an RN license and mostly 2+ years in ICU/ER/OR the job also requires certification in both BLS and ACLS at the least.

Worked for Surgical Care Affiliates? Contribute to the Community!