Surgical Care Affiliates

Surgical Care Affiliates Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates.

It was a very good experience. I went in and interviewed with the administrator of the surgery center as well as the OR coordinator. I also was able to sit down with current employees and had a open conversation about the culture of the center.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could be any animal what would you be and why?"   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates.

I've worked for the company for about 3 years. I moved up from a local surgery center to the corporate headquarters. The interview was formal and held at the corporate headquarters. It lasted for about an hour, and I heard back from them about a month later.

Medical Aid/Medical Office Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates in May 2011.

I was initially interviewed as a fill in for the orderly position. I was interviewed by the surgery department manager, who was very clear on the details and seriousness of the position. She informed me that a busy surgical center works as a team, and I may work as a "float" to ensure that there is help in all departments. I was asked about my basic safety knowledge and also if I had a strong stomach, as surgery can be a little gruesome. She also informed me that I would have to go through necessary training and meetings so that I was prepared, qualified and knowledgeable to do my job correctly.

Interview Questions
    • What can you say is a downfall or bad quality of yourself?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Surgical Care Affiliates in March 2011.

I sent an email directly to the director of nursing and expressed my interest in a RN position. She offered to meet with me in person to discuss my qualifications and the details of the job position, tour of surgical center. She seemed to like me and want to give me an opportunity to learn since even though I was a new greaduate. I had to comeback for a second interview with the regional manager and perform a background check. It was a process of paper pushing but as soon as she gave me an offer and made sure to follow-up with her in the process to remind her how highly interested I was. I believe that it is still about "who you know" and how well you'l mesh with the team. Having the licenses, certifications, education and related skills ofcourse gives you the opportunity to step into the door but your attitude, persona, and first impressions will determine whether you are going to keep a foot in the door. Make sure you''re not trying so hard to please others by not being yourself and being compensated for what your worth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to approach someone about a mistake or problem on their part.   View Answer
    Increase rate of pay after three months.
    You have to prove yourself as a hardworker who's flexible and confident...some places are more demanding than others. Although this is not acute care, I have spoken with doctors that praise the RNs in an ASC being its an a specialized area where you have to always anticipate emergent situations that require advanced life support. Aside from an RN license and mostly 2+ years in ICU/ER/OR the job also requires certification in both BLS and ACLS at the least.