Surgical Information Systems Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Rigorous process including extensive intelligence test, second verification of intelligence test, several in-person interviews, a written assessment of writing style, and the preparation and presentation of two presentations.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard; I was very candid about my prior history, goals, ambitions, etc...   Answer Question
    Negotiations were fairly limited; I asked for a few concessions and was met in the middle on one, declined my request for additional compensation.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in September 2012.

I was contacted by the recruiter and he said that I had the background that he was looking for. Before he would even send me the job description, however, I was to take an "online assessment." Fine, so on a Friday night, it took a little over 2 hours to complete a mixture of IQ and Meyers-Briggs test. On Monday, he called me right away, telling me that I had made his morning. After a brief discussion of next steps for interviewing, he asked me what I was currently making. When I told him this, he said "Oh, well, that's more than what your manager would make..." It would have been great to know that I wasn't a salary fit BEFORE I took a 2-hour IQ test.

My guess is that if they are giving every candidate an online assessment, that is where the dollars for competitive salary are going.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard. Make sure you understand salary limitations BEFORE taking the online assessment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (C#), Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in August 2012.

I had previously interviewed with this company more than two years ago, I am a senior software developer with 20+ years experience and their job openings did not match my experience at the time. I received an unsolicited email from them a few weeks ago which their recruiter said they now had a senior lead position that closely matched my experience. I started their interview process with initially completing a two phase online exam for determining my experience, personality evaluation, etc that others have detailed here. Before starting any of this process, I told their recruiter what my salary requirements were as I am a senior developer and currently employed, intimately know C# and multiple other languages, management experience, and have nothing detrimental in my background as I have been previously cleared to visit Camp David on multiple occasions for work on a telecommunication system there, and I now had over 5 years developing medical device software.

Next was the phone interview with questions about general programming and some very detailed questions about OOP which I am very expert. To the SIS interviewers credit, he was very knowledgeable about software development and from my interaction with him, I knew that he really knew the subject.

After two weeks, I received a thanks but no thanks email from them - at least they had the dignity to follow up. I suspect that my salary was the problem all along despite me telling him at the very beginning. What a total waste of time. I will never respond to anything from them in the future! On top of this, their email system is so buggy that all my email replies to the recruiter during this process were rejected as undeliverable even though the recruiter insisted that it was valid. I was replying with a yahoo email address - no problems with anyone else other than SIS.

My recommendation for anyone considering a position there is to not waste your time with this company!

Interview Questions
    • Some very detailed OOP questions - know the subject if you are going to do a phone interview with SIS.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in May 2011.

Quick response to resume consisting of a long IQ/Personality test. Called in for a face-to-face interview, and retook parts of the test, and HR ran through my resume with questions. Called in for second interview with manager. HR called after the interview and notified me I was being turned down a skill I was missing.

Some observations...a lot of young faces, some look like high school kids, not a soul over 35 save for a passing VP. Manager went cold when expressing interest in advancement opportunities. Browsing through LinkedIn shows they might have an unofficial 10 year time-limit, so the manager types aren't going to want to hire people interested in replacing them.

HR was very friendly and professional, and the interview process, while quite involved, was fun and not stressful.

Director of Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in April 2011.

Very detailed hiring process. Phone screen from HR, then an on-line personality skills test, then the same test had to be taken in the office to verify your on-line results, then another appointment to come to the office to meet the HR lead and do an actual interview. Once that was completed, then there were 2 additional occassions to come to the office to meet significant leadership personnel - after all - this position was very high profile for the company as the MDDS was put into place by FDA. All Senior level managers were very thorough in the interview process. The next step was speaking to the consultant that was currently performing the duties of the position, and it appeared to me that the consultant was not too happy with the prospect that their company would soon be losing the revenue as SIS was to hire a full timer in the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect of the process was the continuous interviewing and trips to the office for several rounds of discussions. The feedback was very prompt however.   Answer Question

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in December 2009.

I was contacted by HR to come in and take an IQ test which took 3-4 hours. I was called back the next day to setup in-person interviews the following week. I had 4 one-on-one interviews. I got an offer the next few days. They did a background and credit check.

Interview Questions
    • Could you describe a situation where you encountered a conflict with another employee? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    Not really negotiable. They already gave you an idea of what the salary range will be. So if you ask for anything within their requirements hey basically gave you what you asked.

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in May 2009.

SIS is VERY good at following up and keeping in touch with the candidates. They're not a company that sits around and waits for the candidate to be the pushy one. If they like you, they will show initiative, which is a BIG part of why I liked the interview process. The recruiter was extremely nice, and the people I interviewed with were wonderful Interview process was very fast, especially compared to other companies. I applied to several companies on the same day that I applied to SIS. I had completed the entire interview process AND had an offer in hand before some of the other companies even responded with an email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a person in your group/team had an issue, or was unwilling to work with the team. How did you handle and/or resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal job in 3 characteristics.   Answer Question
    Verbally accepted the salary. Counter-offered with relocation expenses. Corporate recruiter was able to get the approval for the relocation reimbursement and FAR exceeded my expectations!!!!

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Surgical Information Systems in June 2008.

Applied
    Emailed Resume
    HR Interview
    Hiring Manager Interview
    Team Interview
    Offer
    Negotiation
    Hired

Being team oriented and process oriented is very important to the company now.

Interview Questions
    offered less, negotiated more. Some stalling and game playing, as in all companies.