Surgical Information Systems

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – Somewhat lengthy process consisted of (in chronological order): recruiter call, IQ test, IQ retest at the office (to verify initial scores),1:1 interview, presentation accompanied by group interview. I interviewed in Dec 2011, so parts of this process may have shifted, but I believe it remains largely the same. In the interviews, lead with intelligence and passion - ask good questions, and be prepared to have a good discussion. Do your homework before the interview, but if you don't know the answer to a question that is posed - admit you don't know the answer. BS doesn't fly.

Interview Question – Process was lengthy and thorough, but not tricky. I don't recall anything particularly difficult or unexpected. Respect the IQ test - many smart people are knocked out without ever getting an interview. My theory is that they didn't properly mentally prepare to sit down and focus on the test for over an hour. Seriously, respect the IQ test. It opens the door to the rest of the process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a fair offer and accepted without negotiating further.

Director of Regulatory Affairs Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very detailed hiring process. Phone screen from HR, then an on-line personality skills test, then the same test had to be taken in the office to verify your on-line results, then another appointment to come to the office to meet the HR lead and do an actual interview. Once that was completed, then there were 2 additional occassions to come to the office to meet significant leadership personnel - after all - this position was very high profile for the company as the MDDS was put into place by FDA. All Senior level managers were very thorough in the interview process. The next step was speaking to the consultant that was currently performing the duties of the position, and it appeared to me that the consultant was not too happy with the prospect that their company would soon be losing the revenue as SIS was to hire a full timer in the position.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect of the process was the continuous interviewing and trips to the office for several rounds of discussions. The feedback was very prompt however.   Answer Question

Client Support Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview Details – Applied online and two weeks later received email about taking a 30 min assessment. Well I received the directions for taking the assessment, but the recruiter forgot to send the link that opens the test. The emailed said I had 5 days to take the assessment but it was never sent until I emailed them twice with no response within a week and then I literally had to find their phone number and call them on the 4th day. Very unprofessional! Finally she sent me the email and then I did the assessment the very next day and 2 days later they sent the rejection email. The whole time they were playing games and wasting my time.

Interview Question – Didn't get that far, they were playing games   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview Details – Rigorous process including extensive intelligence test, second verification of intelligence test, several in-person interviews, a written assessment of writing style, and the preparation and presentation of two presentations.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard; I was very candid about my prior history, goals, ambitions, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were fairly limited; I asked for a few concessions and was met in the middle on one, declined my request for additional compensation.

Client Support Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Surgical Information Systems.

Interview Details – Friendly staff - 1st phone interview with HR - 2nd phone interview with Director

Interview Question – Expect to go through your resume in detail explaining how your experience pertains to the position   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter and he said that I had the background that he was looking for. Before he would even send me the job description, however, I was to take an "online assessment." Fine, so on a Friday night, it took a little over 2 hours to complete a mixture of IQ and Meyers-Briggs test. On Monday, he called me right away, telling me that I had made his morning. After a brief discussion of next steps for interviewing, he asked me what I was currently making. When I told him this, he said "Oh, well, that's more than what your manager would make..." It would have been great to know that I wasn't a salary fit BEFORE I took a 2-hour IQ test.

My guess is that if they are giving every candidate an online assessment, that is where the dollars for competitive salary are going.

Interview Question – Questions were standard. Make sure you understand salary limitations BEFORE taking the online assessment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (C#), Lead Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had previously interviewed with this company more than two years ago, I am a senior software developer with 20+ years experience and their job openings did not match my experience at the time. I received an unsolicited email from them a few weeks ago which their recruiter said they now had a senior lead position that closely matched my experience. I started their interview process with initially completing a two phase online exam for determining my experience, personality evaluation, etc that others have detailed here. Before starting any of this process, I told their recruiter what my salary requirements were as I am a senior developer and currently employed, intimately know C# and multiple other languages, management experience, and have nothing detrimental in my background as I have been previously cleared to visit Camp David on multiple occasions for work on a telecommunication system there, and I now had over 5 years developing medical device software.

Next was the phone interview with questions about general programming and some very detailed questions about OOP which I am very expert. To the SIS interviewers credit, he was very knowledgeable about software development and from my interaction with him, I knew that he really knew the subject.

After two weeks, I received a thanks but no thanks email from them - at least they had the dignity to follow up. I suspect that my salary was the problem all along despite me telling him at the very beginning. What a total waste of time. I will never respond to anything from them in the future! On top of this, their email system is so buggy that all my email replies to the recruiter during this process were rejected as undeliverable even though the recruiter insisted that it was valid. I was replying with a yahoo email address - no problems with anyone else other than SIS.

My recommendation for anyone considering a position there is to not waste your time with this company!

Interview Question – Some very detailed OOP questions - know the subject if you are going to do a phone interview with SIS.   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to come in and take an IQ test which took 3-4 hours. I was called back the next day to setup in-person interviews the following week. I had 4 one-on-one interviews. I got an offer the next few days. They did a background and credit check.

Interview Question – Could you describe a situation where you encountered a conflict with another employee? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable. They already gave you an idea of what the salary range will be. So if you ask for anything within their requirements hey basically gave you what you asked.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Quick response to resume consisting of a long IQ/Personality test. Called in for a face-to-face interview, and retook parts of the test, and HR ran through my resume with questions. Called in for second interview with manager. HR called after the interview and notified me I was being turned down a skill I was missing.

Some observations...a lot of young faces, some look like high school kids, not a soul over 35 save for a passing VP. Manager went cold when expressing interest in advancement opportunities. Browsing through LinkedIn shows they might have an unofficial 10 year time-limit, so the manager types aren't going to want to hire people interested in replacing them.

HR was very friendly and professional, and the interview process, while quite involved, was fun and not stressful.

Interview Questions

QA Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Surgical Information Systems in June 2008.

Interview Details – Applied
Emailed Resume
HR Interview
Hiring Manager Interview
Team Interview
Offer
Negotiation
Hired

Being team oriented and process oriented is very important to the company now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – offered less, negotiated more. Some stalling and game playing, as in all companies.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Surgical Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Surgical Information Systems interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Surgical Information Systems employees and interview candidates.