SurveyMonkey Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview

hr+test and though i answered well in the sql test i think i messed it up in the analytical question and did not make it. also i though i would make it since they were asking for more technical knowledge in sql

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was contacted me and asked me my availability for initial phone screen. The recruiter got back to me a week later for her availability and then set up the interview. Once a candidate pass the initial screen, there will be one hour engineering phone pairing and then onsite for 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q: what is the favorite web application and the reason Q: How to center things   1 Answer

Survey Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two initial phone screens, then a panel of 30 minute interviews. Beautiful office, I was offered snacks and drinks. Interview was pretty tough imo, asking me questions they didn't have answers to, which was the point. Not my best day. Never heard anything from them, even though I emailed them.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The reason why I'm writing this review is because I to wanted to get a feel for how Survey Monkey is and Glassdoor provides the perfect opportunity to get a firsthand point of view on current and/or past employees on what to expect when joining a new company. I'm always skeptical at first, but when you have people on the inside giving you advise and what to expect it definitely helps. So in many ways I want to return the favor to future potential employees looking to make the right choice on their next employment venture. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter within a few hours. I believe my role and position was needed ASAP which is why the response time was much more quicker than most places I applied to. I interviewed with a total of 9 people. I thought it was a bit excessive, but I can see why now. They are very peculiar on who they select here and want to bring in the right people who fit in culturally, have the same challenging yet open minded business motives, and ambition to succeed. First, was a 30 minute phone screening with the recruiter, then she scheduled an onsite interview with my hiring manager. They go as follows. All of which were done onsite within a 2 week time frame. Day 1: Hiring manager (45 minutes). He took me across the street at a coffee shop to make it more informal. After the interview he gave me a quick tour of the facility. Day 2: 4 interviews. 30-40 minutes each. Mostly with middle management and upper management. Day 3: 3 interviews. 30-40 minutes each. Mostly with middle management and upper management. Some were more easygoing and straightforward then others and some want to challenge you and put you to the test to see how you'll react. As long as you come prepared and know yourself and draw from past work experiences then you should do fine. It really comes down to selling yourself and making a pitch to win them over. Keep it professional, but add some personality to your interview because it makes both parties feel more at ease. You'll get hit with an unexpected question here and there, but answer as best as you can articulately. One last thing, I always ask every interviewer questions in the end even if it's the same question over and over again. You always want to be curious about your position and the company because it shows you're highly interested. Keep in mind, everyones interview process will be different than others. I spoke with a few other new hires and some interviewed with less, some interviewed with only their hiring manager, and some had to take tests and do presentations so it will all vary on department and position. It's also dependent on the interviewer and how difficult they want to make it for you. Some will be more simple "Tell me about yourself..." and some will be more difficult and challenge you "Tell me about a time where you were facing a deadline and you were not going to make the cut and your boss decides to add more work to your already heavy work load..?" This is not a question they gave me but I'm using it as a situational role question for example. Sorry I made this longer then I expected, but I hope this helps! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a peer of yours doesn't agree with your business decision?   1 Answer

Customer Engagement Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

First had 2 phone interviews then had an in person interview with 3 SurveyMonkey employees at their office in Portland, Oregon. The whole process took awhile and there were weeks when I wouldn't hear anything.

Interview Questions

• Lots of general interview questions. "Tell me about a time when..." "give me an example of a time when..."   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey in March 2015.

Interview

I had a general behavioral interview first, seeing if I was a good fit for the position. Then I had a technical interview with an engineer. The questions were clear and well thought out. She was knowledgable and was able to guide me when I asked questions. They asked specifically for me to use Python or Javascript, but also allowed me to use Java. Choice of language is important though, make sure to use what language they use.

Interview Questions

• Search through a sentence to find certain word occurrences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone screen and one on-site interview with about 6 people. The phone screen was straightforward, about 30 minutes. The on-site was long. A few interviewers had no idea I was a jr. engineer. Overall everyone was very professional, especially the recruiters. I received no feedback about my performance.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 separate interview days, with 3 interviews during the on site interview day. The process took 2 months. Interview was about HTML, CSS, Javascript/JQuery, and Python. I took the job and everyone working at SurveyMonkey is awesome, amazing corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• HTML form/submit with CSS styling, python dictionary stuff, Javascript closure usage, JQuery element referencing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There were back-to-back interviews with several engineers and managers. The engineering team seemed to be easy to talk with and bright. They described the environment, future plans, and concerns. Management was less than supportive of the engineering team, and was somewhat rude regarding them and me. That was the deciding factor.

Interview Questions

Arrogant manager during interview.

Customer Engagement Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my cv and résumé through their website, and recieved an email requesting a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic customer experience questions and lasted only about 10-15 minutes. About a week later I received another emailing asking if I'd like to come in for an in person interview. This interview consisted of three 30 minute sessions with department leaders, followed by a written exam. I found the entire experience to be fairly casual, and thought my interactions with the interviewers to be positive across the board. After the written exam, I was told I would find get an email with a decision within a week. However, I never heard back from anyone at SurveyMonkey.