SurveyMonkey

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SurveyMonkey in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for Software Engineer Intern position and got reply in late March. They scheduled a first call by HR to discuss my previous project experience and technologies followed by Technical screening. After clearing technical screening, I had to visit SurveyMonkey HQ at Palo Alto for further 3 rounds.
Three interviews were good, mostly they asked about Data Structures, System design and projects scenarios from my experience.

Interview Question – System design question was kind of difficult as I was not aware of the system they asked about. I asked lot of questions to clear the requirements and then designed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good, so I didn't negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

Trust Information Security Officer Interview

Trust Information Security Officer

I applied online - interviewed at SurveyMonkey in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. After some discussion, he recommended a phone interview with one of the key member of the company, but he told me the interviewer is NOT the hiring manager. A recruiting coordinator then contacted me to schedule a call. On the day of the call, the interviewer was a no-show. I found out later that the interviewer was in vacation and out of the country. It is interesting that the coordinator will not know about this when scheduling the call.

A 2nd attempt is made to re-schedule the call. On the day of the call, the interviewer was AGAIN a no-show. The coordinator told me that the interviewer is STILL on vacation.

A 3rd attempt is made and...guess what? No show.

A 4th attempt is made and this time was with a different interviewer. The coordinator asked for my availability and I gave her a range (i.e. between 10 AM to 12 PM). The coordinator never emailed me back to confirm the day and time of the interview. The next day, I got a call from the interviewer (!?). So the coordinator just went ahead and scheduled the call with the interviewer but she never told me when will it be.

This is a very frustrating experience, not to mention disrespectful to potential candidate. I am somehow glad that after the 4th attempt, there was no more communication from the recruiter or the coordinator.

Client Services Manager Interview

Client Services Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SurveyMonkey in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very positive experience. Recruiter was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. Had four interviews (two phone, two on-site) for a middle management role including video conference to the Palo Alto office to talk with senior leadership. Friendly and open atmosphere, felt very comfortable throughout the entire process and was impressed by the team's willingness to share the business outlook and roadmap. Beyond core competency there was lots of emphasis on why I wanted to be at the company, opportunities I identified throughout the discussions, and culture/team fit.

Negotiation Details – Fairly straight-forward with a little bit of back and forth on the particulars. Handled negotiations in a day or two and settled quickly on something that worked for everyone.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Customer Success Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview Details – Phone Screening with basic questions and phone interview with Sales VP. Expected questions like why you want work here, tell me about your experience etc for both interviews. After one week of my second interview I wrote a message to the recruiter to follow up on the process and received an immediately response saying that he was going to check with the hiring manager and would get back to me by the end of the day. I never received a response from the recruiter.

Interview Question – average questions, nothing surprising   Answer Question

Project Manager - Audience Interview

Project Manager - Audience
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview Details – I applied online and through email was set up with a screening interview with a person in Palo Alto. She was very nice and was mostly describing the role and asking how my previous work fit into what I'd be doing in the role. From there, I moved to a phone interview with my to-be manager at Audience. He clearly was working during his lunch hour, but there was good chemistry and he mostly wanted to get at my level of experience in client facing roles. After he was satisfied, I was invited in to the Portland office. It is gorgeous and looks to be a young person's paradise... a mini Amazon if you will.

The interview was one of the most interesting I have ever had. It was 5 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. Some were in person but others were over the phone or via teleconferencing. Though I thought I did well in the interview, I guess I didn't because there was no offer. Shame because the on-boarding process of sending new hires to "boot camp" in california for a few weeks and meeting all the upper management and learning new technology would have been awesome.

Interview Question – "Do you have any questions?"   View Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SurveyMonkey in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a 10-15 mins phone screen. I wasn't sure if the interviewer was in great rush but I heard some background noises from his end. Right after the phone screen, he scheduled an on-site interview. The interview was about 3 hours. When I arrived, I was told that the 1st interviewer worked from home. Then I talked to a QA Engineer. He gave me a few mins to write some code. I was very surprised that he fell asleep while I was writing the code! No kidding! Then I talked to the developer. I was pleased that his willing to share and guide me through out the interview. It's very pleasant to talk with him. The last interviewer was the Director. Well... really disappointed with his manner and felt like I was discriminated verbally as an Asian female! It has been several weeks after the on-site interview. No feedback from them.

Very Easy Interview

SurveyMonkey Interview

SurveyMonkey
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SurveyMonkey in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was part of an acquisition, so interview was a pro forma process. There wasn't really a formal interview. I was called in and given an offer letter and asked to join SurveyMonkey's team. We discussed the commute distance and other concerns. After the discussion, we decided to make a go of it.

Interview Question – There were no real questions asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Office Administrator Interview

Office Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SurveyMonkey in September 2010.

Interview Details – Received email reply to resume 2 days later. Initially offered in-person interview; without explanation opted phone. Interview became “multitasking test” (speaking while resending my lost resume). Asked: with your degree, are you willing to stay long-term with little chance for advancement? Promised next-day phone response (acceptance/rejection) never came.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SurveyMonkey.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a quick phone screen and then in-person interviews with 3 folks. It was clear that the company is not forward-thinking or visionary as everyone wanted to talk about very concrete things in the present, and not possibilities. SurveyMonkey wouldn't be a good place to work for trailblazers.

Interview Question – The questions were all related to jobs I had done. Very easy interview process. No situational questions.   Answer Question

Worked for SurveyMonkey? Contribute to the Community!