SusieCakes

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Cake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SusieCakes in June 2010.

I noticed a printed advertisement for counter clerks and a "cakes specialist" in the shop's window. Additionally, the positions were advertised on Craigslist.org. I e-mailed my resume and received a telephone call from the manager inviting me to come into the shop for an interview.

When I arrived, I filled out an application along with a personality test and handed it in with a paper copy of my resume. The bakery manager and I sat down for our talk right in the bakery. The store itself was busy and she would apologize and excuse herself to answer the telephone or discuss a matter that needed her attention.

Overall, it was a question/answer session designed to elicit personality answers. I spoke about myself, past work experience, and asked questions regarding points I felt would be relevant to the job's performance. At times my questions were answered with "I am not going to discuss that with you."

From start to finish, the interview itself lasted fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions