Susquehanna Bancshares

Updated Dec 20, 2014

Bank Branch Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Baltimore, MD

Phone interview first then I was setup with an interview with the retail Executive. I was called for an interview about 1 week. I was offered the position about 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customers and how did you turn it around to a positive interaction.   Answer Question
    I was asked my desired salary and it was agreed upon during the interview process

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna Bancshares.

Two interviews. One by phone from hr. One in person with branch. Then if your okay'do by branch then your background check which can be up to 7 days. And then training. Which is only every two weeks, so you might have to wait three weeks to even go to training. You have to go to Lancaster pa for two weeks for teller training. They do pay for a hotel and you do get reimbursed later. Good training people and in branch training is good. I suggest if your trainer in branch doesn't help ask for a new one if you serious about this career.

Interview Questions
    • Most q's are what would you do in this situation or tell me about a time when you..... Make sure your prepared and push your sales skills.   Answer Question
    Somewhat. They are not gonna give you more then the newest hire got unless you really show you can push.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lititz, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna Bancshares.

My interview was by panel on three different occasions. My advice is if you really want to work for this company don't be in a hurry. Decisions on hiring are not reached quickly. Between first interview and offer I waited a month before I heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing comes to mind as difficult or unexpected it was a fairly vanilla interview. They did however ask to take my fingerprints for the back round check which I found rather odd.   Answer Question
    Here is what we offer.

Customer Service Representative/Financial Service Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Susquehanna Bancshares.

I had 2 interviews. The first was a phone interview with HR. After that you have one with the branch manager. The BM who interviewed me didn't have any questions other than, "tell me about the jobs you had before, and what you liked and didn't like about them." Then she told me about the dress code. She called me back for an "informal interview," to see how I would get along with her head teller. HR called me after to offer me the job. Don't ask for more than they are offering, b/c they won't budge.

Interview Questions
    I was offered 13. I asked for 15. I told the HR dept. I would think about my offer and get back to them, I waited a few days, and called. They were not willing to budge.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lititz, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna Bancshares in March 2012.

The interview was based on behavioral questions. Like, tell me about a time... The interview took place with the CSC manager, a supervisor from the CSC, and a representative from human resources. The people there were very nice and helpful. I could tell the job was mine for the taking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was upset, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Head Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Susquehanna Bancshares in March 2011.

You go in and sit in a room with the manager and another employee
    They ask question and give you situations and you have to describe how you would handle it. They tellyou you should here back shortly. Personally I didn't hear from them ever if I had gotten the job or not which felt very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to describe something that has happened to you bank-wise and how you handled it.   View Answer