Susquehanna International Group, LLP Assistant Trader Intern Interview Questions

3.3

Trader Assistant Intern Interview

Interview

First round was a phone interview, pretty easy probability questions. Second round was a phone interview. Again, pretty easy probability questions, but I fumbled on the last one. Had three questions the first round, and second round had two questions.

Interview Questions

• All were pretty easy probability questions (coin flips, poker hands etc., you basically had to calculate expected values). The hard part is understanding what bets you would make on certain games.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Trader Assistant Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2013.

Interview

Applied via on campus career service and they interviewed on campus with HR followed by a 2nd round phone interview. I got dinged at the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• I flip n+1 coins and you flip n coins. I win if I flip more heads than you do, and you win if we tie or you flip more heads. What is the probability I win?   9 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied on website - received first-round phone interview within a few weeks. First interview was why trading/why SIG, if I played poker, and probability/math questions for 30 minutes. Very straightforward - what's the expectation of a dice roll, what's the expectation if you get to re-roll, what about a call option on this game. Bayes' formula. Second round was a harder iteration of the first but still straightforward and easy. They will help you if you ask for hints. Final round - flew me out to Philadelphia and put me in a 4-star hotel - all expenses paid. Shadowed two traders to gauge interest in the firm, then an individual interview that is a harder iteration of the first two phone interviews. And a group interview to see how you work in a team environment.

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. They replied promptly to my inquiry and I was given a 30-minute phone interview. For the first half, I was asked very general questions, mostly about why I was interested in SIG. They never asked about my previous work or trading at all. The second half consisted of two probability/logic questions which were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Five guys, all of different ages enter a bar and take a seat at a round table. What is the probability that they are seated in ascending order of age? (clockwise or counter-clockwise)   2 Answers

Assistant Trader Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, Two phone, one on site. First one was with a HR, she asked a few easy quant questions and some HR stuff. Massively screwed up the HR Qs but still got 2nd round as I crushed the quant questions.

2nd round much harder. Really tricky game theory and probability questions with a trader, no HR.

3rd round, with head of desk and a HR girl, more game theory, easier than 2nd round. Some HR Qs, they seemed to not be important though.

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Assistant Trader Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 telephone interviews and an office interview. Each is pretty much same format. Some fit questions followed by the maths testing. The maths testing in the office interview is more in depth but if you keep your head and remain calm and logical you should have no problems. Everyone I spoke to there seemed really great.

Interview Questions

• If a shooting star has an 80% chance of appearing in the next hour, what is the chance of it appearing in the next half hour?   1 Answer

Assistant Trader Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in February 2010.

Interview

First round interview was with HR. The first question was calculating expected value. The second was a brainteaser. The third was about Baye's Theorem.

Interview Questions

• Two people take turns counting to 50. Each person can add from 1 to 10 to the total sum. The first to count the number 50 wins. What is your strategy? Do you want to go first?   3 Answers