Susquehanna International Group, LLP
www.sig.com Bala Cynwyd, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Susquehanna International Group, LLP Assistant Trader Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
74 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Trader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair and dropped of my resume in addition to applying through my school's career website. I heard back after attending an information session by on of their traders on my school's campus.

Interview Question – Probability related questions came up frequently   Answer Question

Assistant Trader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview for about 45mins. They asked me some questions about my background and research experience. I was very surprised to be asked about my GRE scores. I took it long time ago. He also gave me some probabilities (coins) questions, and I got it right. I guess they want smart people. If you can persuade them you are smart, you have advantage to be hired.

Interview Question – Nothing is particular difficult, but you need to find a way to impress them.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – On campus interview. Talked about myself and then asked some easy probability questions. One was regarding a submarine the other about rainy weather. The person interviewing was very nice.

Interview Question – Question about probability of raining.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – Basic first round: tell me about your self, two brain teasers involving torpedoes. One involving weighing pepsi cans.

Interview Question – Figuring out how to properly weigh a set of 10 items in order to properly distinguish who "cheated" in pepsi vs. cola.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – Know your Bayes well. Expect follow-up questions on some of the questions listed here

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Assistant Trader

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward interviews with a large focus on conditional probability, Bayes' Theorem, expected value, and creative thinking. Not as much brainteasers as other interviews, but you should still be familiar with some of the most common ones. Each of the three rounds involves progressively harder/trickier iterations of these topics, but the final round in addition involves a group interview with other candidates to see how you solve the same types of problems as before in teams.

Interview Question – Which is bigger, 2^(1/3) or 10^(1/10)?   View Answer

Assistant Trader

Interview Details – Basic HR questions (e.g. Why SIG, why trading), personal questions (e.g. what do you like to do for fun).

Interview Question – You have 5 friends of different ages going to dinner. What is the probability that they will sit in age-order around the table? Can be clockwise or counter-clockwise.   View Answers (5)

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – when through campus recruiting. was a pretty straight forward process. submitted resume and then was asked to sign up for an interview time slot. the interview itself lasted about 15 minutes. start with small chat followed by questions about why SIG and why trading. ending with 2 math questions.

Interview Question – first question was probability about a sub and two torpedoes with 1/3 probability of hitting target - what is probability that at least one of the torpedoes will hit the target.
the second question was a pretty easy logic and strategy question the details of which I cannot recall.
  View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Trader

I applied online and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email for a phone interview. Started out with two behavioral questions why sig, why trading, why my major etc. Then had 3 math questions one about 5 people sitting at a round table, a counting game and a coin game.

Interview Question – what is the probability of 5 people with different ages sitting in ascending or descending order at a round table.   View Answers (3)

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – first round interview, phone ,background check, probability and stat question, similar to what was said, the interviewer was quite nice and give me enough time to think my answers, accuracy matters more than speed

Interview Question – candy bar A produce 60%, of which 20%damage,B produce 40%, 10% damaged, see a damage bar, probability it come from b   View Answers (5)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Worked for Susquehanna International Group, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Susquehanna International Group, LLP Assistant Trader interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Susquehanna International Group, LLP employees and interview candidates.