Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.5

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Was contacted by an on-campus recruiter after a career fair. Had a phone interview with fairly easy probability questions. Recruiter quickly responded telling me I had a second round interview with a trader, which involved similar probability questions which were only a bit more difficult. Again, the recruiter contacted me soon afterwards for a final round on-site.

The final interview itself was surprisingly quick (~30 mins), but the questions were different (a lot of mental math type stuff). The day also included a group interview (with very fun / random questions) and a few rotations observing a trader. A big put off during the final round was the attitude of the interviewers (constantly on their phone, chatting with each other); while I realize this was intentional, I don't see the point. Have yet to hear back, but assuming I'm out (about a week ago); I put declined because I would decline at this point due to other opportunities.

Interview Questions
  • Mental math stuff (not my forte, prefer the probability / stat questions)   Answer Question

Other opportunities / put-off by final interview

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Assistant Trader Interview

couple of fit questions, strategic games interest?, would you work in philly? Why trading?

6 x
    6 y
    6 z

what is probability of getting at least one of x, y and z right.

Interview Questions
    • given you got one of x,y or z correct what is probability you got all three correct   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

on campus recruiting, the first round interview was conducted over the phone. lasted 30 minutes, first "get to know you" questions, and then 3 basic probability questions. was not very difficult

Interview Questions
    • just lots of bayes rule and basic probability for first round interview   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2014.

2 phone interviews. They both asked some personal questions at the beginning and 3 math/probability questions at the end. The math questions were easy, but there was one question with a lot of details/things to remember.

Interview Questions
    • You start out with 1 dollar and your friend starts out with 2 dollars. You bet 1 dollar until one of you runs out of money. You have a 2/3 chance of winning each bet. What is your chance of winning?   View Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Submitted resume through school, got on campus interview. Basic questions and brain teaser of five people sitting in a round table. The interviewer is HR and she was not paying much attention to my answer and was constantly typing notes into laptop. Not a very pleasant interview experience for me.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

30 minute on campus interview, extremely basic probability questions. second round phone interview, slightly harder questions. final round @ SIG, has not occured yet. people were extremely friendly, my only concern is that the 1st/2nd round questions are not hard enough, so too many people will get through.

Assistant Trader Interview

Took more than half a day. Walked around trading floor and talked with several traders. Group interview were brainteasers, took about an hour. No other specific observations of really really really unnecessary comments.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Finished the first round on-campus interview. It went well, like everyone said a few fit and behavioral questions then a few very basic math questions. Was about torpedoes probability, people sitting in l order around a table, etc.
    Just study all the questions here, and you will ace the first round.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Applied through college career website, did the first round interview on campus. It was a 30-min one on one interview. The interviewer is a trader, smart and nice. He went through the behavioral questions very quickly, which is also expected. There were 3 questions on probability, I screwed up the second one. Didn’t move to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • There are 2 boys and unknown number of girls in a nursery. A new baby is just born inside the room. We pick randomly a baby from the room, it turns out that the baby is a boy. What is the probability that the new baby just born is a boy?   View Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Overall, a pretty straight-forward phone interview. Had time for some brief bio followed by two questions. Both questions were probability questions. The second was an application of Bayes rule. Pencil and paper required.

Interview Questions
    • A probability question, direct application of Bayes rule   Answer Question