Susquehanna International Group, LLP Assistant Trader Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.5

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Interview

Overall, a pretty straight-forward phone interview. Had time for some brief bio followed by two questions. Both questions were probability questions. The second was an application of Bayes rule. Pencil and paper required.

Interview Questions

• A probability question, direct application of Bayes rule   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews then an on person interview. Interviewers would ask a question then talk about their kids and facebook. Were very unprofessional and at the end of the interview, after struggling, they simply walked out of the room and I had to find my own way out. I would not recommend this company for the assistant trader position as my two interviewers were the people in charge of training new hires.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a multiplication table 2^2, 2^3, etc. and asked me what range I would guess 14^7 / 5^3.   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

I attended a career fair and dropped of my resume in addition to applying through my school's career website. I heard back after attending an information session by on of their traders on my school's campus.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Basic first round: tell me about your self, two brain teasers involving torpedoes. One involving weighing pepsi cans.

Interview Questions

• Figuring out how to properly weigh a set of 10 items in order to properly distinguish who "cheated" in pepsi vs. cola.   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Talked about myself and then asked some easy probability questions. One was regarding a submarine the other about rainy weather. The person interviewing was very nice.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview for about 45mins. They asked me some questions about my background and research experience. I was very surprised to be asked about my GRE scores. I took it long time ago. He also gave me some probabilities (coins) questions, and I got it right. I guess they want smart people. If you can persuade them you are smart, you have advantage to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is particular difficult, but you need to find a way to impress them.   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Interview

Know your Bayes well. Expect follow-up questions on some of the questions listed here

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Pretty informal overall. There was a team round with probability questions/brain teasers followed by a tough four on one final round interview in which they ask probability questions/brain teasers/game theory questions. You should spend plenty of time practicing questions from quant interview books. I got most of the questions but didn't get an offer (probability because I talked too much during the interview)

Interview Questions

• a group of people wants to determine their average salary on the condition that no individual would be able to find out anyone else's salary. How can they accomplish this?   2 Answers

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interviews with a large focus on conditional probability, Bayes' Theorem, expected value, and creative thinking. Not as much brainteasers as other interviews, but you should still be familiar with some of the most common ones. Each of the three rounds involves progressively harder/trickier iterations of these topics, but the final round in addition involves a group interview with other candidates to see how you solve the same types of problems as before in teams.

Interview Questions

• Which is bigger, 2^(1/3) or 10^(1/10)?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Basic HR questions (e.g. Why SIG, why trading), personal questions (e.g. what do you like to do for fun).

Interview Questions

• You have 5 friends of different ages going to dinner. What is the probability that they will sit in age-order around the table? Can be clockwise or counter-clockwise.   5 Answers