Susquehanna International Group, LLP Assistant Trader Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.6

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Fairly straightforward interviews with a large focus on conditional probability, Bayes' Theorem, expected value, and creative thinking. Not as much brainteasers as other interviews, but you should still be familiar with some of the most common ones. Each of the three rounds involves progressively harder/trickier iterations of these topics, but the final round in addition involves a group interview with other candidates to see how you solve the same types of problems as before in teams.

Interview Questions
  • Which is bigger, 2^(1/3) or 10^(1/10)?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Basic HR questions (e.g. Why SIG, why trading), personal questions (e.g. what do you like to do for fun).

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 friends of different ages going to dinner. What is the probability that they will sit in age-order around the table? Can be clockwise or counter-clockwise.   View Answers (5)

Assistant Trader Interview

when through campus recruiting. was a pretty straight forward process. submitted resume and then was asked to sign up for an interview time slot. the interview itself lasted about 15 minutes. start with small chat followed by questions about why SIG and why trading. ending with 2 math questions.

Interview Questions
    • first question was probability about a sub and two torpedoes with 1/3 probability of hitting target - what is probability that at least one of the torpedoes will hit the target.
      the second question was a pretty easy logic and strategy question the details of which I cannot recall.
        View Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview. Started out with two behavioral questions why sig, why trading, why my major etc. Then had 3 math questions one about 5 people sitting at a round table, a counting game and a coin game.

Interview Questions
    • what is the probability of 5 people with different ages sitting in ascending or descending order at a round table.   View Answers (3)

Assistant Trader Interview

first round interview, phone ,background check, probability and stat question, similar to what was said, the interviewer was quite nice and give me enough time to think my answers, accuracy matters more than speed

Interview Questions
    • candy bar A produce 60%, of which 20%damage,B produce 40%, 10% damaged, see a damage bar, probability it come from b   View Answers (5)

Assistant Trader Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

First round phone interview- walk through resume, followed by 4 problem solving questions. Expected value, probabilities, die question

Final Round interview- site visit in Philly. 7 probability questions. Bayes Theorem, mental math, one with calculus.

Interview Questions
    • Game Theory question with probabilities and finding each players best response.   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Sent my resume through school's career website and they got back to me in about a week and a half. Interview consists of probability and expected value questions. Easy questions, I just messed up on trivial things.

Interview Questions
    • You have are offered a contract on a piece of land which is worth 1000000 70% of the time, 500000 20% percent of the time and 150000 10% of the time. The contract says you can pay x dollars for someone to determine the land's value from where you can decide whether or not to pay 300000 for the land. What is x? I.e. how much is this contract worth?   View Answers (7)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

First round interview on phone. Half behavioral half technical regarding expectation and call option.

Assistant Trader Interview

Applied in the fall to receive on campus interview in the fall for summer internship.
    Very easy probability questions with paper and pencil.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in February 2012.

Starts with "Tell me about yourself", goes over resume, then 5 Questions -- Same quantitative questions that have been listed on the site -- Bayes Theorem, brain teasers where you have to work backwards, expected value.

I got the expected value question wrong and was quite nervous during the interview. I wasn't selected to move on to the second interview.