Susquehanna International Group, LLP Assistant Trader Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014
74 interviews

3.6

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Trader Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Sent my resume through school's career website and they got back to me in about a week and a half. Interview consists of probability and expected value questions. Easy questions, I just messed up on trivial things.

Interview Questions
  • You have are offered a contract on a piece of land which is worth 1000000 70% of the time, 500000 20% percent of the time and 150000 10% of the time. The contract says you can pay x dollars for someone to determine the land's value from where you can decide whether or not to pay 300000 for the land. What is x? I.e. how much is this contract worth?   View Answers (6)

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Assistant Trader Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

First round phone interview- walk through resume, followed by 4 problem solving questions. Expected value, probabilities, die question

Final Round interview- site visit in Philly. 7 probability questions. Bayes Theorem, mental math, one with calculus.

Interview Questions
    • Game Theory question with probabilities and finding each players best response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

First round interview on phone. Half behavioral half technical regarding expectation and call option.

Assistant Trader Interview

Applied in the fall to receive on campus interview in the fall for summer internship.
    Very easy probability questions with paper and pencil.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in February 2012.

Starts with "Tell me about yourself", goes over resume, then 5 Questions -- Same quantitative questions that have been listed on the site -- Bayes Theorem, brain teasers where you have to work backwards, expected value.

I got the expected value question wrong and was quite nervous during the interview. I wasn't selected to move on to the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2011.

Two rounds of phone screening. Roughly 75% quantitative, 25% behavioral by time. On site was similar questions to those posted here, but in a stressful environment. Think interviewers standing up, talking among themselves while you think, and using their phones. Still are helpful when you ask a question, and listen when you think out loud, but nonetheless don't underestimate the need to be able to think under high-preszure environments

Interview Questions
    • Hospital has three boys and an unknown number of girls. A mother has a baby. A nurse picks up a baby at random and it is a boy. What is the probability that the mother had a boy?   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2011.

First they come to the career fair and gather resumes and make down whether or not they like you. Then they come and do on campus interviews which are mostly math based questions. Then you have a phone interview followed by a final round interview in Philadelphia

Interview Questions
    • There is a 91% chance of seeing a shooting star in the next hour, what is the probability of seeing a shooting star in the next half hour?   View Answers (9)

I would make sure you look at their non compete agreement. Also when trying to convince you to join they will tell you about the average salary. However, it is important to ask them about the median because that number could be skewed by one or two high fliers and survivor ship bias.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2011.

I applied through the career center website from my university. I then got an email from the recruiter saying that I had been selected for an interview. After the interview, I received an email about 2 weeks later saying I was not selected for the next round. The interviewer was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • She asked probability questions. One was how many ways can 5 different people sit down at a round table?   View Answers (3)
    • How many ways can 5 different people sit down in a line of chairs?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2011.

There are three steps: two phone interviews and one face to face interview. The initial screening consists of personality questions and quantitative questions and the second of almost exclusively quant questions. The interviewers are very pleasant and helpful. Study simple probability and bayes theorem.

Interview Questions
    • I want to have a birthday party outside this weekend (i.e. need sunny weather). On Saturday, the chance of rain is 60 percent, sun 40 percent. On Sunday, rain is 80 percent, sun is 20 percent. From there, the interviewer can ask an array of questions: What are the chances I can have my party this weekend? If I have my party, what are the chances my party is on Saturday/Sunday? Etc.   View Answers (4)
    • We are playing a game where the first person to say "40" wins, and each player must add 1-10 to the previous number. For example, I say 5; you can say any number 6-15 to which I have to react. For you to say "40" first, what is your strategy?
      Hint: You need to choose whether or not to go first, then your strategy going forward.
        View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in April 2009.

The first interview was conducted by phone. It was with a recent university graduate who was very polite and asked about three easy brain-teaser/ mathematical questions.

The second interview was also over the phone, with a more experienced trader who asked three questions, which were progressively more challenging, and the last one was very difficult. She asked about whether I liked to play logic games and which games I like to play. Although I stumbled on the last question, she still invited me for an on-site, final round interview.

The last interview consisted of several parts, on site. The first part was a group-based problem solving challenge. Everyone was asked individually to answer particular questions when called upon. They observed our group dynamics. The next interview was in front of a panel of three people, one of whom was the woman who had interviewed me over the phone during the second interview. This was partially a stress-based interview and they asked me things like, "When was the last time you got into a fight with someone?" They asked three mathematical questions. The first was a simple probability distribution question, very easy. The next was mental math, which you should practice. The last was a very difficult brain teaser. I stumbled on the last two questions, more because of stress than anything else, and didn't get the offer. They were cold and sarcastic but I think once you start working there, there is more of a team sense. The last part was a visit to the trading floor where we got to speak with traders who were at work at that time. They were mostly reserved and some were uninterested.

Overall, somewhat hostile, but a good place to work to keep your thinking skills sharp, and I imagine it's good compensation.