Susquehanna International Group, LLP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.3

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Day-long interview comprised of meetings with four teams of two and concluding with a session with the senior manager of the group. First part of the interview is a 60-minute test (which is impossible to complete) containing 12 coding problems. Remainder of the interviews include extensive whiteboarding of solutions to problems posed by interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Define a solution architecture for a system handling a high volume of transactions.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied to the job post on-line and got a phone call from HR three days later. 10 days later got a phone interview with the tech manager for 1/2 hours. The on-site interview was 3 hours long. Interviewed by a 2-person group of hardware engineers, then by another 2-person group of hardware managers, then by 1 software engineer, and by manager. They asked many technical and behavior questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

I had a phone interview. They asked me questions related my resume, my past experience, why SIG, what is your challenging task in your past job, why your are leaving your current job.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

Standard procedure. Recruiters were present at the University career fair, handed resume to recruiter. Received call from HR a few days later, who set up a phone call with staff. Standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Expected roll of a fair dice   1 Answer

Cybersecurity Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

They contacted me to set up a 30 minute block for a phone interview. The actual interview took about 20 minutes. They didn't ask me anything about my resume, although they did have some generic HR type questions during the interview. I found it hard not to go into too much detail on the phone because most of the questions are very generic. I can't imagine the interviewer enjoyed my 5 minute discussion on the differences between TCP and UDP.

Interview Questions

• How do you secure your home computer? TCP vs UDP Program you use for secure telnet? Normal HR questions   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

30 min HR call followed by 1 hrs Lead tele interview followed by 6 HRS onsite interview 30 min HR call followed by 1 hrs Lead tele interview followed by 6 HRS onsite interview 30 min HR call followed by 1 hrs Lead tele interview followed by 6 HRS onsite interview

Interview Questions

• physical paper exam, followed by 4 batch interview   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I did a phone screen with human resources which was mostly fit and asked questions about culture. Then had a phone call with the hiring analyst. Again, mostly fit and because it was on the west coast he asked how I felt about the early start time. We talked about workflow and what he was looking for in an associate. As an associate you mostly write and model pro-forma financials and so many sort of conversational questions there. Nothing overly complex or difficult but I had completed CFA which may have influenced his line of questioning.

Intern Interview

Interview

Stock market and math questions mostly, should be easy for finance. Were not very nice/did not seem qualified to be asking the kind of questions that they did for a IB intervew--why should HR people judge you on finance knowledge when they know very little themselves?

Database Developer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I must say it was one of the fine interviews I have attended. The interview process is a 3 step process. First step, HR calls you for a 15-30 Minutes conversation. HR asked me about some of my background, why SIG, situation where you faced conflict within team and how you resolved it, any big database implementation done for the customer, Value addition done to the customer. Second step, a technical manager called me. The conversation was very smooth. The manager tested my database, DBA and data warehouse basics. Since this role comprised of both development and administration, be prepared for DBA questions. The interview went for 45 minutes. Third step, I was called to the onsite. The first round was a test where 5 database questions were asked related to data modeling, queries, ERD and data structures and the time given to complete the paper was 45 minutes. It has been mentioned that at least 4 questions need to be answered. The second round was with HR and she explained me about the company culture and very conversational. The third round was with one of the managers and he probed me with behavioral and technical questions on SQL, PL/SQL. He also probed me with some DBA questions. The fourth round was with couple of people (team lead and team manager) and they asked some great questions of data modeling, tuning, DBA approach, out of the box implementation for the client. The fifth round was with another couple of people (Development lead, Manager) and they asked some questions on SQL, PL/SQL and Unix scripting. The final round was with a trader which was very conversational and talked about company culture and fun aspects.

Interview Questions

• Describe one out of the box database implementation for the customer.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in March 2015.

Interview

One HR phone screen, one more technical phone interview, case study, on site interview The initial HR phone screen was just to judge interest in SIG and why you wanted to work there. The second phone interview was more finance involved. It involved probability, options, and some basic questions about the market.