Susquehanna International Group, LLP Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in February 2011.

1) Phone interview - general fit, probability question

2) Came in for two (2) in-person interviews - the first interview, was with 1 guy, the second was with 2 guys, continued to ask about resume and also asked probability questions

3)I was shown around company floor by someone whom I worked with later on

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, take it or leave it

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Applied for the job through my university's co-op program and was granted a phone interview. No surprises here, mainly consisted of the interviewer getting to know me. Was asked simple questions on basic Computer Science topics. Following this, I was invited to the company HQ for an in person interview.
    At the HQ, I was given a tour of the office and the benefits avaliable (which are amazing!). Met with two pairs of leaders of project teams, who asked me various questions regarding OOP and got to know me.
    Was a very good process overall and I felt very comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Design a recursive algorithm that will check if one string (e.g. "abcd") can be made from the letters of a larger string (e.g. "abegfdc") and return true of false based on the result.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Apply via online system. Then the HR send me an email asking for the date of phone interview. I had two phone interviews an onsite after that. The onsite interview will take a whole day.

Interview Questions
    • Get eigen values and eigen vector of a correlation matrix   Answer Question

Junior Network Security Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in April 2014.

Submit my resume through university career sites. Got response the same day for HR and arrange for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by a HR. I believe she know nothing about technical stuff and all her questions are from papers in her hands.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty basic, including TCP/UDP port number, basic network protocols and Unix instructions.   Answer Question

Analyst/Project Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in May 2014.

Applied through internal referral. Received HR email to ask for SAT/GRE/GMAT scores and available time for phone interview. Phone interviewed with HR for very basic questions: why Nexant/why the position/enjoy working in team or individual/experience with stats tool. HR is very nice and professional.

Procurement Interview

Simple behavioral questions. Not too technial. Some questions regarding the role and prior experience

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in April 2014.

The interview process is simple but they do challenge you on many counts and that's what they look into a candidate.

Junior Security Engineer Interview

Phone Interview (HR + basic technical)

Interview Questions
    • All basic HR questions
      -Tell me about yourself?
      -What do you know about SIG?

Very Basic Technical Question
      -Difference between TCP and UDP
      -What is ARP
      -TCP three way handshake
        Answer Question

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

I submitted my application online and heard back from HR the next day asking for a phone screening. Basic question about background, interests, GPA, work authorization and then got scheduled for the next formal phone interview with the head of recruit. Simple probability question, dice rolling, coin tossing and game theory. Then scheduled to talk to member of their quant research team. Strangely (or not) they asked you questions about board games, black jack and poker.

Interview Questions
    • Drawing a pair of (x, y) from a joint Gaussian distribution with 0 covariance. Knowing the stndard deviations of x and y and knowing z = x + y, what is your best guess for x?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interviewing with SIG is the worst interviewing experience that I have ever had. They seem to be totally uninterested in hiring. They will send a reject email without even evaluating your interview results. Though you do well you are most likely to get a reject email.

Worked for Susquehanna International Group, LLP? Contribute to the Community!