Susquehanna International Group, LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.3

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in March 2015.

Interview

One HR phone screen, one more technical phone interview, case study, on site interview The initial HR phone screen was just to judge interest in SIG and why you wanted to work there. The second phone interview was more finance involved. It involved probability, options, and some basic questions about the market.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute discussion with HR going over current project and reasons for wanting to make a move, etc. Followed by a coding exam on codility.com. After passing coding exam was a technical phone screen with a developer. Asked impractical technical questions such as implementing a garbage collector - over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a garbage collector?   1 Answer

FPGA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

Just finish the first round interview with a nice Recruiter. The whole process took around 12 minutes. All are very basic questions about my background and status. Questions:why you choose SIG, Are you willing to relocate? Some very basic information about my experience. Now I am waiting for the second round if possible.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

High pressure, discuss other candidate to make you nervous. Most people are nice though. They ask a lot of fit and math questions in the final round, really push you on your answers so make sure you can back them up. If you throw out a garbage answer they will jump on you

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

There were two interviews. For both interviews, I thought the person sounded interested in speaking with me and seeing what I knew. The first interview began by asking personal questions, such as if you're able to work here and why you're interested in SIG. It then went onto basic technical questions (What port number is [X]? What Linux command does [X]? Describe the TCP 3-way handshake.). The second interview was over 1 week later. It was all technical questions, which were more advanced than in the first interview, and asked you to explain or describe your answer in as much detail as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is ARP and what does it do? How can you secure a computer? How can you secure a router? (TCP/UDP) What is the purpose of sequence numbers? (FTP) What are the differences between Active and Passive mode? (HTTP) What is the method to get a site? What's the difference between GET and POST? (SMTP) What security concerns are there? What happens when you visit a site?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

Applied online. Set up a phone call for about 15 minutes of behavioral questions and 15 minutes of math questions. The behavioral questions were straightforward, typical interview questions. The math took me by surprise; I had expected this to be mostly a qualitative research role.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

SIG came to a career fair at my school about a year ago. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and heard back from them around two months later. They set up a phone interview, with a few behavioral questions and 3 math questions. I got them all right, so they gave me a second phone interview, with just one behavioral and again, 3 math questions - I stumbled on one of them but they gave me a final round interview, flew me out to Philly. Very informal dinner the night I got to Philly at nice restaurant to talk to current SIG employees, interview the next day. Interview started out with tour, then a couple rounds of traders working, then the interview, lunch, group interview, then you go home. Final round interview (with two traders and a recruiter) was basically all math, 6 questions this time. I got two of them off the bat, two of them with a little help, and stumbled on two. Heard back a week later with standard rejection letter.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview. The first half was behavioral questions like walk me through your resume and the second half was easy probability questions. Just review the posts here and there will be no surprises. While I got all the questions correct I stumbled a bit while solving them and didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

First round of interview with HR. Asked some general questions e.g. how I heard came to know of SIG, education background, what do I like about the company and if I have any outstanding offers. I inquired on the interview process and was told that I will be arranged to talk to the quant research recruiting team for a technical interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is whether I will choose SIG if I have other offers.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Interview

1st round phone interview: Asked general fit questions, "tell me about yourself". Was asked 3-4 probability questions, somewhat difficult. Large emphasis on the math. Answered all of them correctly, received an email to schedule a second interview. 2nd round phone interview: Same format as before, harder probability questions. Was unable to answer two of the three questions. Did no make it to the next round.