Susquehanna International Group, LLP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.3

Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

First round of interview with HR. Asked some general questions e.g. how I heard came to know of SIG, education background, what do I like about the company and if I have any outstanding offers. I inquired on the interview process and was told that I will be arranged to talk to the quant research recruiting team for a technical interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is whether I will choose SIG if I have other offers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

I applied from my University web page, and got a phone interview with an HR. I was asked for some questions on my resume and got rejected the next day.

Trading Interview

Interview

1st round phone interview: Asked general fit questions, "tell me about yourself". Was asked 3-4 probability questions, somewhat difficult. Large emphasis on the math. Answered all of them correctly, received an email to schedule a second interview.

2nd round phone interview: Same format as before, harder probability questions. Was unable to answer two of the three questions. Did no make it to the next round.

Trading Interview

Interview

There were two phone interviews, which each contained about 3 brain teaser/math questions. After all answered correctly, there was an invitation to an on site final round interview with more of the same questions, both individual and group format. There was also a tour of the office and lunch was provided.

Interview Questions

• king's party, ten servants bring 1000 bottles of coke each. One servant brings pepsi which is a different weight then coke. Fiqure out the pepsi servant with one weighing on a standard scale   6 Answers

Application

Interview

Got first round interview after 3 days of submission. Total time is less than 10 minutes. Asked about willingness to relocate, sponsorship, where heard about SIG and why SIG. After a week, I was told that I did not pass the first round. I feel it is wired because the interview was scheduled as 15 minutes.

Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

First round is given by HR, very easy questions like why you choose SIG. Second round is technical, given by the head of quant recruiting team, just a bit behavioral simple probability questions and a bit game theory.

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

Applied online on SIG website and later contacted the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got a call the very next day for emailing her. 1st round was basic technical and behavioral. Technical questions included VTP,VLAN, OSI Model basics. Recruiter contacted within 1 week for the next round. She was kind enough to offer me time as I was busy. The next round was purely technical, on phone, taken by 2 members of networking team. Questions included cabling, routing and switching(a little indepth). Recruiter again contacted me in 10 days for the final round of interview at their onsite location in Bala Cynwyd. She got me train tickets in business class. Hotel was not required as I was travelling from DC. They even provide reimbursement for other travel expenses. On the onsite interview date, met with the recruiter and she gave a warm welcome. The first round was with the networking team engineers. They asked questions related to L3 switches, STP, subnetting and redundancies. Read about CCNP switching in depth to answer their questions. Next round was with 2 IT managers. They asked me to design a network and again talked about redundancies. I did not have have knowledge of L3 switches and redundancies in depth. So my interview rounds went bad. The third round was supposed to be with the IT director but was later then cancelled. After the interview the recruiter gave me a tour of their office and called an uber for my way back. Got an email with a rejection within 4 days, which I was already expecting. Overall good company and tough interviews. They expect the CCNP R&S knowledge which is too much to ask for an entry level position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

The recruiting process at SIG is pretty polished. Too polished in fact. Recruiter found me, then HR did a one hour phone screen, then on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. Everything was fairly standard, grim faces, emotionless interviewers. Typical corporate environment in a bland building in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a highway. The insides were very unimpressive. Open floor plans, noisy and cramped.

The free lunch is a joke. Everyone runs into the “kitchen” at a set time, stands in line to get food that is somewhere between high school and the cheapest buffet quality. You get maybe $3 worth of food, and give up your lunch hour. Everyone eats at their desks. Several people that left SIG told me that 10 hours per day is the unspoken minimum. Eight hours work day + 1 hour you work through lunch + 1 hour of work that you are expected to take home. And that's the minimum.

But the icing on the cake was when HR started demanding to see my W2's before salary negations. For a company that likes to play poker, they sure like to play a crooked game! Too many bad vibes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in December 2014.

Interview

First round: Phone behavioral based questions and a probability/skills question. Talk about yourself and your experiences. Then know about SIG and what they trade (futures, options). Stress the culture; casual environment with community events and other benefits; and competitiveness of the company.
    Probability was the circle table and 5 people question. The probability of the 5 people sitting in age order. Could be either way around the table. it is 1/12 I believe but you have to go through the steps.

Second round: Same as the first, just different person.
    Probability/skills was the bridge question with the flashlight. The time it takes 4 people to get across a 2 person bridge, but 1 person must go back because they need the flashlight to cross. Person 1=1min, p2=2min, p3=5min, p4=10min. 17 min is the answer.

Third round: All expense paid interview in Phili. I had to fly, and stayed 3 days. Day 1 I arrived at night, walked around, ate and got a good nights sleep for the interview the next day. The hotel was in center city, so there was a lot to do and its a nice area.
    Day 2-Interview-Started out with a case study. The question was on waiting lines. "Which is more efficient, multiple registers with lines at each or a single line with multiple registers". Answer I thought was single line since the capacity for a single line is always at 100%. I then moved to an interview room with 2 people where we went over the answer briefly and moved into my resume. Then we got into finance which is where I did bad. They asked me about call, put, and overall economic conditions. I'm management and IT so I never got deep into finance. They want you to know VBA since you will work with spreadsheets. The rest of the day was me spending time with other OA's and talking to other people.

I did notice that several times they became distracted during a conversation. Things like answering phones/making calls, or taking to other people. One person made a phone call right behind me and I swear I heard nothing on the other end, suggesting its part of the interview. I didn't mind, just stayed on track and smiled or kept talking to the other person.

That night we went out to dinner. Very nice place, but its casual and you get a chance to open up.
    After you can do whatever you want. I went to Pats/Geno's cheesesteak's. Had to go since it was my first time in Phili (I liked Pats better).

Day 3: Early flight home

Interview Questions

• 5 people sorted by age around a table probability- 1/12   Answer Question
    • 4 people across a 2 person bridge, 1 person must go back to because you need a flashlight. 1,2,5,10 min per person. 1 goes with 2, 1 back, 5 with 10, 2 back, 1 and 2 finish. 17 total.   1 Answer
    • Waiting lines- what is more efficient: multiple lines or single line   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

It starts with a phone screen interview. Just ask background questions along my resume. The campus recruiter also asks some behavioral questions, which is very common. The only technical questions is: what is inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation. Not a pressure interview.

Low salary