Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.3

Quantitative Research Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR several weeks later and had phone screening. Standard question on why interested in this internship, test scores, whether or not need sponsorship, and date from when would be available. Did not even get the chance for a formal phone interview. Don't known why.

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

First round phone interview: went through my resume. Took about 20 minutes.
    Second round: a couple of probability questions and brainteasers, not hard. Took about 30 minutes.
    Third round: ask about my research, math problems about covariance matices, derivative pricing. 60 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Let A, B be two covariance matices. Is A+B also a covariance matrix? How about A^2? AB?   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Submitted resume through school, got on campus interview. Basic questions and brain teaser of five people sitting in a round table. The interviewer is HR and she was not paying much attention to my answer and was constantly typing notes into laptop. Not a very pleasant interview experience for me.

Software Developer Interview

Just did there first round of phone interview. Basic questions like why do you want to work at SIG. Got one simple question about hash table, but mostly just basic behavior questions, pretty easy. Did that for ten minutes but I am not sure if I did well or not.

Quantitative Research Interview

Applied through school, got a first round of phone screening, which was just basic question like why do you want to work here.

After that there was a round of phone interview with questions on mostly probability and bits of game theory.

After that there was another round of phone interview with more statistical questions.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

30 minute on campus interview, extremely basic probability questions. second round phone interview, slightly harder questions. final round @ SIG, has not occured yet. people were extremely friendly, my only concern is that the 1st/2nd round questions are not hard enough, so too many people will get through.

Quantitative Research Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2014.

The woman who interviewed me asked some basic question like
    a.) Your knowledge about the company,
    b.) Why you choose the company
    c.) For me, I am an international students so they obviously asked about future sponsorship for visa.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2014.

General process: phone interviews followed up by 1:1s. Was asked general questions about previous employers and career goals. All employees seemed happy and it sounds like the research group has been expanding. Culture seems great, enjoyed everyone that I interviewed with.

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

The interviewer is serious and formal. First asked easy questions about my past experience. Then give me some problems to solve. The first one is easy, asking you whether a bet is fair or not. Just compare the expectations. The second question is about game theory. You should go back and check relevant materials if you haven't played with it for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • First, you are given a basic game theory problem.Then they make the probability of some actions variable and let you to find out the optimal probability to optimize the result.   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Took more than half a day. Walked around trading floor and talked with several traders. Group interview were brainteasers, took about an hour. No other specific observations of really really really unnecessary comments.