Susquehanna International Group, LLP

250 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Administrator Interview

Network Administrator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Im an out of state applicant so it may take less to be offered an onsite interview but my experience was a basic phone screen with the internal recruiter (30 min), a phone interview with technical members of the team (1 hour) and then a phone interview with the team manager (1 hour).

There was an internal communication error so one of the interviewers called me over 30 minutes late and the interview had to be broken into 2x 30 minute parts (due to my schedule) but managed to work it out.

After passing the phone interviews, I was invited for an onsite interview which ran significantly longer than I was told to expect. I was told to expect 2-4 hours and it actually took 5.5 hours which messed up my plans. I was guessing it would be closer to 3-4 hours but even so, I scheduled the interview and plans around the interview based on an estimation of the absolute longest being 4 hours + 30 min (15%). If I had been told to expect 5 hours, I would have planned differently. Running an hour and a half over the time defined was disrespectful of my time and I considered walking out but felt the interviews were going well otherwise and didn't want to jeopardize my chance of getting an offer.

The onsite consisted of 2 interviews with technical team members (2 in each), an interview with the team lead and another manager, an "interview" with HR during which they laid out the benefit package offered by SIG and a meeting with the manager of the IT division.

Ultimately, I was highly disappointed with the interview process both phone and onsite. I was routinely shown a lack of consideration for my time and I was asked questions completely unrelated to the role or questions with wrong information misrepresented as correct and expected to find an answer.

I did not receive an offer and received a generic "we're impressed with your credentials and skills but we've decided to pursue other candidates" email from the internal recruiter. I asked for any specific feedback from the recruiter and never received a response.

Interview Question – I was asked questions on linux completely unrelated to the role and for the life of me I cant figure out what relevance it would have to the role or even a role as a linux admin (specifically, I was asked, after answering correctly where user passwords are stored and what permissions the file has, how the login process works on a linux box including how the login process, which doesnt run as root can escalate to read the /etc/shadow file which only has read permissions by root)

I was also given a network diagram and asked a question about a network problem where they were unable to get websites from a specific server. I asked directed questions to determine if the network picture they gave me was accurate to which the stated it was. I was able to deduce the problem in 3 steps (though not the device causing the issue because I was assuming based on their affirmative response that the network diagram was accurate). They pressed for more troubleshooting which I did. I got a dozen steps in before throwing my hands up and saying I was out of ideas.... They gave me the answer, to which I pointed out I found the issue in steps 3, 6 and 10 but they kept insisting it wasn't so that's why we kept troubleshooting... They then said it was a "real-world" issue that they had issue with and took half a day to figure out and then argued that they gave affirmative responses that were based on the same assumptions they made.

Problem with that argument is; not having realtime access to the device and see the behavior first hand we can only go based on what we are being told. If what we are being told is wrong, there is no way to determine the answer.

Other interview questions were fairly straightforward and of average difficulty
  Answer Question

Assistant Trader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair and dropped of my resume in addition to applying through my school's career website. I heard back after attending an information session by on of their traders on my school's campus.

Interview Question – Probability related questions came up frequently   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Trader

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – It started out with a couple phone interviews. The questions were very standard and simple. The third round they fly you out to Philadelphia and interview you for an hour just yourself, then interview about 3 or 4 interviewees at the same time.

Interview Question – They gave me a table containing n^n power for n = 1-10, asked me to compute 7.5^7.5 in 3 minutes, and give a 10% confidence interval.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Trader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview for about 45mins. They asked me some questions about my background and research experience. I was very surprised to be asked about my GRE scores. I took it long time ago. He also gave me some probabilities (coins) questions, and I got it right. I guess they want smart people. If you can persuade them you are smart, you have advantage to be hired.

Interview Question – Nothing is particular difficult, but you need to find a way to impress them.   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst

Interview Details – First phone interview consisted of some behavioral questions for the 1st half and then four questions regarding probability and options. Second phone interview was more of a casual interview with one of the analysts asking further about experiences listed on the resume and talking about the news I've kept up with on companies.

Interview Question – What is the fair price of a call option (given the strike price and the probabilities of the underlying stock becoming specific prices)?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – On campus interview. Talked about myself and then asked some easy probability questions. One was regarding a submarine the other about rainy weather. The person interviewing was very nice.

Interview Question – Question about probability of raining.   Answer Question

Trading Internship Program Interview

Trading Internship Program

I applied online and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – Got a first round interview by phone. First asked questions about me, why trading, and then went on to 3 probability questions. Did not make it past the first round.

Interview Question – There are 2 torpedoes in a submarine with 1/3 probability each of hitting a boat. If they are fired at the same time, what is the probability both hit the boat?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – Basic first round: tell me about your self, two brain teasers involving torpedoes. One involving weighing pepsi cans.

Interview Question – Figuring out how to properly weigh a set of 10 items in order to properly distinguish who "cheated" in pepsi vs. cola.   Answer Question

Trader Intern Interview

Trader Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone. 1 on site. On site includes group interview, basically a harder version of phone interview. You need to know math, probability, brain teaser, that's all. The behavior questions are just kick off and seems to have nothing to do with their decision. SIG is definitely a great place to work

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details – Sent them my resume through the Drexel system, they emailed me a day before the interview requests were officially returned.

First step was a ~10 minute phone interview where they asked legal questions regarding my eligibility to work in the United States, etc. They finished the phone interview with a probability question. (Others I know who interviewed with them got the same style interview.) The representative then says that she will pass along your resume to the people higher up and they will get back to you regarding the potential of a second interview.

Second interview was at their Bala Cynwyd office. They get a group of interviewees then take them on a tour of the building and show you how cool it is, then will abruptly break you up into separate conference rooms to be interviewed. I was interviewed by 2 groups of 2 people. These interviews involve a lot of technical questions, and they don't focus on your resume that much. Thankfully, the interviewers were pretty relaxed and understood my level of programming experience.

Overall good experience, but the process can be pretty abrupt and stressful.

Interview Questions

• If I have a fair, shuffled deck of cards without jokers, what are the odds that if I pull the top two cards from the deck, that they are a pair?   View Answer
  • Write a function that is passed a string and determines whether or not the string is a palindrome. (They had me write on the whiteboard in front of them.)   View Answer
  • If you were given two words and needed to determine if the words were anagrams, how would you go about doing this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they put the salary in Drexel's system and I accepted it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Susquehanna International Group, LLP