Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.3

Assistant Trader Interview

Took more than half a day. Walked around trading floor and talked with several traders. Group interview were brainteasers, took about an hour. No other specific observations of really really really unnecessary comments.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Finished the first round on-campus interview. It went well, like everyone said a few fit and behavioral questions then a few very basic math questions. Was about torpedoes probability, people sitting in l order around a table, etc.
    Just study all the questions here, and you will ace the first round.

Assistant Trader SIG Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

3 rounds, two phone interviews, and an on-site interview.
    SIG employees and recruiters are friendly, play a lot of poker.
    I had the first phone interview two days ago with the head of recruiting team. We talked about my resume and background, and then she gave me 3 math/probability questions which were quite not easy. I solved all of them and she invited me to the next round which I had today with one of the traders. The difficulty of the problems were little higher but not too bad. I solved all the problems here, too and I waiting for a response from them.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 coins, 9 of them are fair and one is double headed. You randomly choose a coin, flip it 5 times and get 5 heads. What's the chance you will get another heads if you flip it one more time.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter in early September, after applying through my college job fair. We had a nice, pleasant interaction over email. She scheduled a phone interview with a general technical interviewer who asked about my prior experiences, why I do computer science, and how to implement a hash table in the most general sense. All went well and I was called again to discuss tech in more detail. I was asked to implement binary searching and a shuffle-sort algorithm, but most of the focus was again (pleasantly) on me and the person behind the code, not the code itself. After that, I had an onsite interview where they wined and dined all day, giving me an all-encompassing view over what they do and how they do it. Tours, meals, and five hours of interviews gave me a pretty good idea about what they wanted and how they wanted it. I think my lack of financial experience didn't matter, despite the financial nature of SIG. It was a good process with lots of check ins and conversations.

Interview Questions
    • It was a cool data parsing problem where you took a text file data set and converted it to a usable data structure that was able to answer questions about ranges of data. It also required me to work with huge text files, with entries up to 1 million lines long.   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Applied through college career website, did the first round interview on campus. It was a 30-min one on one interview. The interviewer is a trader, smart and nice. He went through the behavioral questions very quickly, which is also expected. There were 3 questions on probability, I screwed up the second one. Didn’t move to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • There are 2 boys and unknown number of girls in a nursery. A new baby is just born inside the room. We pick randomly a baby from the room, it turns out that the baby is a boy. What is the probability that the new baby just born is a boy?   View Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

1st round - Phone HR with 1 basic technical question
    2nd round - Straight coding over phone
    3rd round - On-site. Depending on your circumstance you could be interviewing almost all day and having dinner with employees that night, or dinner the night before. Brief coding exercise and then a few rounds of very holistic interviewing.

The entire process took 5 weeks.

The on-site experience was great, however I did not enjoy the interviews themselves. None of my interviewers were very familiar with Java, so brush up on your C/C# programming concepts. They also seemed not very prepared - I appreciate a conversational interview and letting it flow organically, but more than once did one of my interviewers (2 interviewers per interviewee) feel condescending while formulating oddly specific questions. There were no brain teasers; all were technical or behavioral.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Overall, a pretty straight-forward phone interview. Had time for some brief bio followed by two questions. Both questions were probability questions. The second was an application of Bayes rule. Pencil and paper required.

Interview Questions
    • A probability question, direct application of Bayes rule   Answer Question

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Applied with resume on indeed.com. They replied and set up a phone interview. I did not get a second phone interview. I don't think they even wanted to hire anyone. I think everyone gets a shot at the first interview. I felt I did very well on the first phone interview but did not get a second. Weird. They let me know two days later that after much consideration I would not get a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know my history and why I wanted a job at SIG.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Did first round interview through school career center. Talked about basic information on background, financial markets, interest in the company. Interview lasted around 30 minutes and not too difficult or technical. Needed to talk about current events in the market and what stock I would suggest investing in at the moment

Interview Questions
    • A few simple probability questions and an unexpected one on options trading. Also asked to pitch a stock to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

I had applied for an intern position last year but didn't hear back from them. A couple weeks ago, they sent me an email asking about whether or not I was interested in the Technology Associate Program after I graduated. I said yes, and sent them my new resume. Then we set up an interview, really basic stuff. I was asked to talk about the stuff on my resume, and then a quick technical question.