Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Getting the Interview

240 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quantitative Research Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and get a phone interview. After that it was about 2-3 more rounds of phone interviews. Then they finally brought me to their office in Philly for a final round of interviews. The nature of these interviews are similar, just like most other companies in this industry. The on-site interview lasts one day and has a tour of their nice office. Their free lunch is awesome!

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Math/prob/stat/quant finance/brain teaser   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another opportunity that is more suitable for the moment

Operations Analyst Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an e-mail several weeks after I sent out my application and was asked to participate in a phone interview. The interview lasted around 30 minutes where we discussed my resume, background, and why I was interested in SIG. I was asked two probability questions (Bayes Theorem).

Interview Question – There wasn't any unexpected questions. Just be sure to study probability/statistics materials.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Technology Associate
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview after submitting my resume at a university career fair (after about two weeks). Phone interview was very simple, mostly just asked about my resume and a few of my favorite projects. The only "technical" questions were very standard OOP questions. Second phone was about two weeks after the first. This interview was slightly more technical, but still focused on what I had done (mind you, I was asked for more technical explanation this time). Final round interview was a month after the second. Two technical interviews in a row. The first was about a single question, and I massively over complicated the issue. The second was much better, and the questions were pretty standard technical questions. The rest of the day was all tours and generally showing us how the firm worked. We were also treated to a nice dinner that night.

Interview Question – Optimal ranking problem.   View Answer

Trader Assistant Intern Interview

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview, pretty easy probability questions. Second round was a phone interview. Again, pretty easy probability questions, but I fumbled on the last one. Had three questions the first round, and second round had two questions.

Interview Question – All were pretty easy probability questions (coin flips, poker hands etc., you basically had to calculate expected values). The hard part is understanding what bets you would make on certain games.   Answer Question

Quantitative Trader Assistant Interview

Quantitative Trader Assistant
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – First round phone interview was simple small talk and then questions about my choice of majors, why trading, and basic personality stuff. Then a couple of questions on probability that are very easy if you know Bayes Rule and don't screw up like me.

Interview Question – If I give you the opportunity to play a game at the end of which the loser pays the winner $10, and then partway through the game I ask that we each double our bets to $20 or that you must immediately pay me $10, what is the minimum probability of winning you must have to keep playing?   View Answer

Senior Equity Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. First round had fairly easy questions about background and an expected value question with a options value question. Second interview was more about your interest in the markets.

Interview Question – You have a fair penny. It takes a dollar to play and to win, you must flip 4 heads in a row for 10 dollars. Should you play?   View Answers (2)

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
Campus, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my campus recruiting, first round they sent an HR rep to our school and she worked through your resume and stuff and then asked a few technicals at the end and asked about following the market and things of that nature

Interview Question – Asked basic binary option pricing questions and what is the fair value of a security, expected value questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't quite for me, found something more ideal

Quantitatiave Research Associate Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first round interview consisted of general question regarding my resume, then two brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• There is a game where you have three coins, and your opponent has three coins. You both flip your coins at the same time. If the number of heads you have matches the number of heads he has, then you win $2. Otherwise you lose $1. Do you want to play this game?   View Answers (3)
  • There are 8 marbles, one of which is heavier than the rest. The remaining marbles have equal weights. You also have an old style scale, which is of a balancing type. What is the minimum number of weighings such that you can determine the heavier marble?

Also, describe how you would do so.
      View Answer

Junior Platform Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – I am looking for my first job out of school and have no experience related to system administration or network engineering.

I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview had a background portion and an technical portion. I thought the background portion was a little intrusive. They asked me if I was interviewing elsewhere, asked me to name the companies, and if I had offers why or why not I would take a particular job. It sounded like they didn't want to proceed with the process unless you were dead set on working for them.

For the technical portion, I was asked a bunch of general term questions related to networking and operating systems.

The questions were:
What is the difference between broadcast and multicast?
What are the parts that make up a server?
What is RAID?
What is the difference between tcp and udp?
What is active directory?
What is the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit OS?
What is a register?
What is DNS?
What is the basic building block of Linux?

I was able to answer all the questions except maybe the active directory and the broadcast vs multicast question since I was rusty on my networking concepts. Last networking class I took was 2 years ago. A few days later I received a rejection email. Maybe they wanted candidates that could answer all the questions. They said in the email they couldn't offer advice. I appreciate that they got back to me quickly though.

Interview Question – Last question was what are your hobbies? This was rather unexpected. I'm not sure if they wanted me to talk about anything technical here and wanted to see whether I live and breathe computers even outside of school.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Interview

Quantitative Research

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – got the interview through college recruiting. was asked some resume questions and probability questions

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question