Susquehanna International Group, LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.3

Interview

Basic behavior questions. How do you like coding? Why do you want to join SIG? Since I applied for technology positions, they also asked me about "what is inheritance", "what is time complexity to search for a hashmap?"

Interview Questions

• Among those behavior questions, the most strange one is "how do you like coding". Also, they asked me about GRE score.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

There's a phone screen, a technical phone interview, and then you finally interview at HQ. The phone screen is pretty straightforward. They ask about projects, interest in company, etc. Then ends it asking you to explain a data structure The technical phone interview was also pretty easy. Language specific questions such as which language is faster, manual vs auto memory management, and differences between Java/C++/Python. They asked about some projects I worked on as well. Finally, we we coded a really basic problem relating to a trivial property of an array. You can easily do it in O(n). That took less than 10 minutes. We then went on to talk about the company. Flying out to Philly was interesting. They put you in a wonderful hotel and talk to you over dinner. The interview begins early in the morning. You're put in a room where you'll have 30 minutes to solve a big data problem given the language of your choice. Next, 2 interviewers discuss your solution with you and then move on to more language-specific questions. After, 2 more interviewers ask data structures/algorithms questions, but those were pretty basic, too. You end the day with a tour of the HQ. Overall, the interview experience was great, but my first interviewer was awful. The worst person I've ever interviewed with. He would consistently ask niche questions from libraries/packages I've never used and grill me me for not knowing them. His tone was condescending and uninterested. In discussing my solution, he actually had a rather negative comment toward it, but no valuable input on how to improve. His interview alone secured my decision to never apply here again.

Interview Questions

• The 30 minute coding question was phrased poorly, but not too difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screening from hr. The hr sounds sleepy during the whole process and it was just a screening, very basic information. Then I got a rejection the other week and they did not give any feedback on the screening. Feeling so weird.

Assistant Trader Interview

Interview

couple of fit questions, strategic games interest?, would you work in philly? Why trading? 6 x 6 y 6 z what is probability of getting at least one of x, y and z right.

Interview Questions

• given you got one of x,y or z correct what is probability you got all three correct   1 Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

on campus recruiting, the first round interview was conducted over the phone. lasted 30 minutes, first "get to know you" questions, and then 3 basic probability questions. was not very difficult

Interview Questions

• just lots of bayes rule and basic probability for first round interview   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews. They both asked some personal questions at the beginning and 3 math/probability questions at the end. The math questions were easy, but there was one question with a lot of details/things to remember.

Interview Questions

• You start out with 1 dollar and your friend starts out with 2 dollars. You bet 1 dollar until one of you runs out of money. You have a 2/3 chance of winning each bet. What is your chance of winning?   4 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

The 1rd is just HR asking about the basic background such as visa status, need sponsorship or not, willing to work in Philadelphia,why SIG, what do you think you can bring to the company, other companies applied

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2014.

Interview

First round, phone screening, just basic questions, background, work authorization, why fit the job, what do you know about the company. It was a nice interview until several days later they told me they decided to pursue other candidates. Feels disappointed, thought I could have chance to ace all the math, prob and brainteaser questions in the following rounds to impress them. I think almost everyone got a chance to get the first round interview, but most of them didn't go further. Great experience though.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview was done by HR. Standard fit questions were asked followed by a few questions about the markets. Then the interviewer asked several fairly easy probability questions. Second round interview was also done over the phone. The interviewer was over a half hour late to call. Not only was the interviewer late but he was extremely rude and condescending. First question was asking what financial modelling concepts I had been learning in class. After explaining several he said simply that those concepts were too in depth for what they did at SIG. Then he asked me to pitch a stock. After the pitch he again indicated that it was too in depth for SIG. In response to my question about what he liked about working there he talked only about how it paid well and shortly after ended the interview. I found it very unprofessional to have somebody clearly uninterested conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• What financial modelling concepts have you been exposed to in your classes?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR several weeks later and had phone screening. Standard question on why interested in this internship, test scores, whether or not need sponsorship, and date from when would be available. Did not even get the chance for a formal phone interview. Don't known why.