Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.7

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

Applied with resume on indeed.com. They replied and set up a phone interview. I did not get a second phone interview. I don't think they even wanted to hire anyone. I think everyone gets a shot at the first interview. I felt I did very well on the first phone interview but did not get a second. Weird. They let me know two days later that after much consideration I would not get a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know my history and why I wanted a job at SIG.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in September 2014.

1st round - Phone HR with 1 basic technical question
    2nd round - Straight coding over phone
    3rd round - On-site. Depending on your circumstance you could be interviewing almost all day and having dinner with employees that night, or dinner the night before. Brief coding exercise and then a few rounds of very holistic interviewing.

The entire process took 5 weeks.

The on-site experience was great, however I did not enjoy the interviews themselves. None of my interviewers were very familiar with Java, so brush up on your C/C# programming concepts. They also seemed not very prepared - I appreciate a conversational interview and letting it flow organically, but more than once did one of my interviewers (2 interviewers per interviewee) feel condescending while formulating oddly specific questions. There were no brain teasers; all were technical or behavioral.

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

I submitted my application online and heard back from HR the next day asking for a phone screening. Basic question about background, interests, GPA, work authorization and then got scheduled for the next formal phone interview with the head of recruit. Simple probability question, dice rolling, coin tossing and game theory. Then scheduled to talk to member of their quant research team. Strangely (or not) they asked you questions about board games, black jack and poker.

Interview Questions
    • Drawing a pair of (x, y) from a joint Gaussian distribution with 0 covariance. Knowing the stndard deviations of x and y and knowing z = x + y, what is your best guess for x?   View Answers (3)

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

I submitted my resume through career service at my university and get reply from HR on the second day. It only lasted for 15 minutes and she only asked some very basic questions about my background, like why interested in SIG, why you think you are qualified, GPA, work authorization.

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Basic first round: tell me about your self, two brain teasers involving torpedoes. One involving weighing pepsi cans.

Interview Questions
    • Figuring out how to properly weigh a set of 10 items in order to properly distinguish who "cheated" in pepsi vs. cola.   Answer Question

Trading Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in December 2013.

Received first-round phone interview after submitting resume at university career fair. Phone interview was 30 mins, approximately half of which was spent discussing my resume, past experience, and why I was interested in working at SIG. Next, I was given two short brain teasers, testing my knowledge/comfort with basic probability--bayes' theorem, expected value, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the expected number of rolls required for a fair die to have rolled all 6 values?   Answer Question

Trader Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2013.

2 phone. 1 on site. On site includes group interview, basically a harder version of phone interview. You need to know math, probability, brain teaser, that's all. The behavior questions are just kick off and seems to have nothing to do with their decision. SIG is definitely a great place to work

Quantitatiave Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2013.

The first round interview consisted of general question regarding my resume, then two brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • There is a game where you have three coins, and your opponent has three coins. You both flip your coins at the same time. If the number of heads you have matches the number of heads he has, then you win $2. Otherwise you lose $1. Do you want to play this game?   View Answers (3)
    • There are 8 marbles, one of which is heavier than the rest. The remaining marbles have equal weights. You also have an old style scale, which is of a balancing type. What is the minimum number of weighings such that you can determine the heavier marble?

Also, describe how you would do so.

View Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

First round interview on phone. Half behavioral half technical regarding expectation and call option.

Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I dropped off my resume at a career fair and was contacted by them shortly after. I had two rounds of phone interviews and then was invited on site for a final round. Most of the questions were expected value or probability based. The on site interview consisted of a short (1 hr) individual interview followed by a tour of their desks. We then were able to get lunch and had a group interview shortly after.

Interview Questions
    Didn't really try to negotiate as this is only an internship.