Susquehanna International Group, LLP Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.4

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied to the job post on-line and got a phone call from HR three days later. 10 days later got a phone interview with the tech manager for 1/2 hours. The on-site interview was 3 hours long. Interviewed by a 2-person group of hardware engineers, then by another 2-person group of hardware managers, then by 1 software engineer, and by manager. They asked many technical and behavior questions.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

30 min HR call followed by 1 hrs Lead tele interview followed by 6 HRS onsite interview

Interview Questions

• physical paper exam, followed by 4 batch interview   1 Answer

Database Developer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I must say it was one of the fine interviews I have attended. The interview process is a 3 step process.

First step, HR calls you for a 15-30 Minutes conversation. HR asked me about some of my background, why SIG, situation where you faced conflict within team and how you resolved it, any big database implementation done for the customer, Value addition done to the customer.

Second step, a technical manager called me. The conversation was very smooth. The manager tested my database, DBA and data warehouse basics. Since this role comprised of both development and administration, be prepared for DBA questions. The interview went for 45 minutes.

Third step, I was called to the onsite. The first round was a test where 5 database questions were asked related to data modeling, queries, ERD and data structures and the time given to complete the paper was 45 minutes. It has been mentioned that at least 4 questions need to be answered.
    The second round was with HR and she explained me about the company culture and very conversational. The third round was with one of the managers and he probed me with behavioral and technical questions on SQL, PL/SQL. He also probed me with some DBA questions. The fourth round was with couple of people (team lead and team manager) and they asked some great questions of data modeling, tuning, DBA approach, out of the box implementation for the client. The fifth round was with another couple of people (Development lead, Manager) and they asked some questions on SQL, PL/SQL and Unix scripting. The final round was with a trader which was very conversational and talked about company culture and fun aspects.

Interview Questions

• Describe one out of the box database implementation for the customer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute discussion with HR going over current project and reasons for wanting to make a move, etc. Followed by a coding exam on codility.com. After passing coding exam was a technical phone screen with a developer. Asked impractical technical questions such as implementing a garbage collector - over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a garbage collector?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

The recruiting process at SIG is pretty polished. Too polished in fact. Recruiter found me, then HR did a one hour phone screen, then on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. Everything was fairly standard, grim faces, emotionless interviewers. Typical corporate environment in a bland building in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a highway. The insides were very unimpressive. Open floor plans, noisy and cramped.

The free lunch is a joke. Everyone runs into the “kitchen” at a set time, stands in line to get food that is somewhere between high school and the cheapest buffet quality. You get maybe $3 worth of food, and give up your lunch hour. Everyone eats at their desks. Several people that left SIG told me that 10 hours per day is the unspoken minimum. Eight hours work day + 1 hour you work through lunch + 1 hour of work that you are expected to take home. And that's the minimum.

But the icing on the cake was when HR started demanding to see my W2's before salary negations. For a company that likes to play poker, they sure like to play a crooked game! Too many bad vibes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interviews. Mostly questions about my resume and past job experience. Very relaxed environment. Each ended with one statistics or logic question. Relatively straightforward and they were more interested in the thought process and how I worked to the answer than necessarily getting the correct answer. Final round was on site. There was a group interview portion where we worked through several math and logic problems, a case study, and three 2-on-1 interviews. Mostly technical questions but they also want to gauge knowledge of stock market and financial analysis.

Interview Questions

• Group of 5 friends sitting around a round table. What's the probability that they sit in age order?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in early September, after applying through my college job fair. We had a nice, pleasant interaction over email. She scheduled a phone interview with a general technical interviewer who asked about my prior experiences, why I do computer science, and how to implement a hash table in the most general sense. All went well and I was called again to discuss tech in more detail. I was asked to implement binary searching and a shuffle-sort algorithm, but most of the focus was again (pleasantly) on me and the person behind the code, not the code itself. After that, I had an onsite interview where they wined and dined all day, giving me an all-encompassing view over what they do and how they do it. Tours, meals, and five hours of interviews gave me a pretty good idea about what they wanted and how they wanted it. I think my lack of financial experience didn't matter, despite the financial nature of SIG. It was a good process with lots of check ins and conversations.

Interview Questions

• It was a cool data parsing problem where you took a text file data set and converted it to a usable data structure that was able to answer questions about ranges of data. It also required me to work with huge text files, with entries up to 1 million lines long.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

1st round - Phone HR with 1 basic technical question
    2nd round - Straight coding over phone
    3rd round - On-site. Depending on your circumstance you could be interviewing almost all day and having dinner with employees that night, or dinner the night before. Brief coding exercise and then a few rounds of very holistic interviewing.

The entire process took 5 weeks.

The on-site experience was great, however I did not enjoy the interviews themselves. None of my interviewers were very familiar with Java, so brush up on your C/C# programming concepts. They also seemed not very prepared - I appreciate a conversational interview and letting it flow organically, but more than once did one of my interviewers (2 interviewers per interviewee) feel condescending while formulating oddly specific questions. There were no brain teasers; all were technical or behavioral.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied with resume on indeed.com. They replied and set up a phone interview. I did not get a second phone interview. I don't think they even wanted to hire anyone. I think everyone gets a shot at the first interview. I felt I did very well on the first phone interview but did not get a second. Weird. They let me know two days later that after much consideration I would not get a second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know my history and why I wanted a job at SIG.   Answer Question

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Applied for the job through my university's co-op program and was granted a phone interview. No surprises here, mainly consisted of the interviewer getting to know me. Was asked simple questions on basic Computer Science topics. Following this, I was invited to the company HQ for an in person interview.
    At the HQ, I was given a tour of the office and the benefits avaliable (which are amazing!). Met with two pairs of leaders of project teams, who asked me various questions regarding OOP and got to know me.
    Was a very good process overall and I felt very comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Design a recursive algorithm that will check if one string (e.g. "abcd") can be made from the letters of a larger string (e.g. "abegfdc") and return true of false based on the result.   Answer Question