Susquehanna International Group, LLP Software Developer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2014
Updated Mar 6, 2014
4 interviews

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

First round interview on campus, mostly behavioral questions, few basic object oriented questions (polymorphism, encapsulation, etc.) and then a probability question.

Second round phone interview, some basic object oriented questions again and then network programming questions.

Interview Questions
  • Probability question: You roll three fair six sided dice, what is the probability of each die turning up with the same number.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Applied through career fair at school- received an email wanting to schedule a phone screen two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is the probability that three people were born on the same day of the week?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in November 2012.

SIG initially had a phone screening where they asked simple mathematical and theoretical coding questions regarding Java/C++. I thought it was quite easy if you knew your basics.

Then, they called me on site for an interview in their Bala Cynwyd office right outside Philadelphia. They are really hospitable: they put me up at the Palomar in central Philadelphia and they took the Assistant Trader/Software interns to dinner at a really fancy restaurant. The next day, they arranged for transport in the late morning from Philadelphia to their Bala Cynwyd office. The interview started abruptly with 2 back to back hour long interviews, one based on technical questions regarding my software knowledge and the second based on my previous experiences, some standard behavioral questions (Why SIG? Why not *insert company name here*? How can you contribute to SIG? Why do you do what you do?).

After the stressful bit, it's pretty relaxing. They take you around their office, the lounges, the poker tables, the trading floor, and the dining hall. You get briefed about the details of the Summer Internship while having lunch and the whole process is pretty casual. After that you get a chance to do a desk rotation where you spend half an hour at an employee's desk, observing their work and to ask any other questions you might have about the company, the job and the person's job and their experience. Again, it was really relaxed and it really let me open up, so I really enjoyed it. After that, we met some other employee group (the name of which I can't remember) and then had a final briefing by HR and were sent home.

All in all, the interview process with smooth and SIG does a good job of making life as easy for the interviewee as possible. I felt really comfortable after the initial jitters and really enjoyed the feel of the company and the attitude of their employees.

Interview Questions
    The benefits and perks SIG offers for their interns are great and their compensation is as competitive as it gets.

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2011.

They called me and informed that they want to schedule a telephonic interview with me. The interviewer called me right on time and was very friendly.
    She first introduced herself and asked me to give my brief introduction. She asked me about the past work experience I have. After a while she asked me some logical/probability question. I got 2 out of 3 right and I dont know that they will select me or not for the next round.
    Lets hope for the best.

Interview Questions
    • 5 Guys went for dinner.. and were going to sit on a round table having 5 seats.. their birthdays are not same .. probability of getting them seated in inc/dec order of their age.   View Answers (4)
    • Most challenging job of your career?   Answer Question

Worked for Susquehanna International Group, LLP? Contribute to the Community!